andy desai

I751 filed earlier than 90 Days

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

blush.gif Hello Smart Vj'ers

WHat happens if a person files the I751 way before the 90 day period. So if per say the green card is getting expired around March 2011.. and if the application goes out in nov 2010.. is that a problem?

the reason i am asking this is it takes like 6-8 months normally in processing times right? so when the card gets expired can the person travel abroad or they he/she is stuck in the US until the 10 yeat GC is

issued,

thanks for all the help in advanceblush.gifgood.gifinnocent.gifwhistling.gifhelpsmilie.gif

Sept 10th 2007 - Sent N400 For Naturalization

Sept 15th 2007 - Meet Fiancee online

December 18th 2007 - Left for india to see fiancee

Jan 1st 2008 - Engaged!!!!!!

Jan 15th 2008 - Biometrics Fingerprinted

May 20th 2008 - Naturalized Citizen

May 30th 2008 - Sent I129 F

June 4th 2008 - NOA 1 Received

July 3rd 2008 - Touched

September 6th 2008 - Left for France.

September 23rd 2008 - NOA2 Received

September 27th 2008 - Will leave for Malaysia from paris.

September 28th 2008 - Will meet fiance after 261 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18th 2008 - Will return back to the US after spending 3 weeks with fiancee.

Dec 28th 2008 - Fiancee Visa approved

Jan 1st 2009 - Fiancee landed on US Soil

Jan 6th 2009 - Married

Jan 30th 2009 - Filed for AOS

May 31st 2009 - AOS Approved

NOA1 - Received on June 4th 2008

Grab a calendar - count back 90 days from the date the PR/Green Card expires. If you file before that date - USCIS will reject it and send it back to you. No way around that.

Now, once you do file (in the correct timeframe), USCIS will send you a NOA that does two things.

1. Acknowledges receipt of your case
  2. Extends the PR/Green Card status by 1-year

This means the Permanent Resident can still enjoy all the privilidges (work, travel, etc) as they did before the PR/Green Card expired.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

blush.gif Hello Smart Vj'ers

WHat happens if a person files the I751 way before the 90 day period. So if per say the green card is getting expired around March 2011.. and if the application goes out in nov 2010.. is that a problem?

the reason i am asking this is it takes like 6-8 months normally in processing times right? so when the card gets expired can the person travel abroad or they he/she is stuck in the US until the 10 yeat GC is

issued,

thanks for all the help in advanceblush.gifgood.gifinnocent.gifwhistling.gifhelpsmilie.gif

The package will be sent back to you if arrives prior to the 90 day window.

When your application is accepted you will be issued a one year extension for your LPR status. That will cover the period of time for processing (in most cases). So there is no need to worry about not being able to reenter the US.

Read through the Removing Conditions guide here on VJ to understand the entire process.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

The package will be sent back to you if arrives prior to the 90 day window.

When your application is accepted you will be issued a one year extension for your LPR status. That will cover the period of time for processing (in most cases). So there is no need to worry about not being able to reenter the US.

Read through the Removing Conditions guide here on VJ to understand the entire process.

Man you guys are good..... who created this site... god bless him or her.. people can avoid having a lawyer...

Thanks a lot people. kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gifgood.gifgood.gifgood.gif

Sept 10th 2007 - Sent N400 For Naturalization

Sept 15th 2007 - Meet Fiancee online

December 18th 2007 - Left for india to see fiancee

Jan 1st 2008 - Engaged!!!!!!

Jan 15th 2008 - Biometrics Fingerprinted

May 20th 2008 - Naturalized Citizen

May 30th 2008 - Sent I129 F

June 4th 2008 - NOA 1 Received

July 3rd 2008 - Touched

September 6th 2008 - Left for France.

September 23rd 2008 - NOA2 Received

September 27th 2008 - Will leave for Malaysia from paris.

September 28th 2008 - Will meet fiance after 261 days!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 18th 2008 - Will return back to the US after spending 3 weeks with fiancee.

Dec 28th 2008 - Fiancee Visa approved

Jan 1st 2009 - Fiancee landed on US Soil

Jan 6th 2009 - Married

Jan 30th 2009 - Filed for AOS

May 31st 2009 - AOS Approved

NOA1 - Received on June 4th 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.