LnS

Questions About My Criminal Record

23 posts in this topic

and trying to successfully file for his fiance' to be here with him... don't judge him for his past actions...

And I wasnt judging him, sorry, the ####### comment was kinda tongue in cheek, im no angel, and the fact that I married a man who spent a year in prison for felony DUI, shows that I am not a judgemental person.. there was no insult intended there! If the OP feels that way, I apologize.

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

And I wasnt judging him, sorry, the ####### comment was kinda tongue in cheek, im no angel, and the fact that I married a man who spent a year in prison for felony DUI, shows that I am not a judgemental person.. there was no insult intended there! If the OP feels that way, I apologize.

Hey, no worries I'm not at all insulted. I appreciate everyone's help on this matter. Now, I just have to figure out how to get certified copies of all this stuff!

Hey, no worries I'm not at all insulted. I appreciate everyone's help on this matter. Now, I just have to figure out how to get certified copies of all this stuff!

Call the courthouse in the state/county that you had all these problems in, they will send you everything you need. Also if you were on parole/probation, call that office as well. Im not sure how long it will take, it varies from state to state, my hubby's was in clark county, nevada, and he got copies of all of his stuff in 3 business days :)

Good luck with your visa journey!! Keep us posted.

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Being different is not strange or unsual.

Good luck with your visa in Lagos. Best be prepared for the strange and unusual. If the phrase injures your sensibilities you are in for a rough time of it.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Sorry. I've heard it spoken that way by talking heads on TV so many times that I guess it's become habit. :blush:

ah talking heads...the reason I shot my TV and haven't looked at it since.

Actually I studied this to find out why (I lived there for two year and had to do something to entertain myself besides date 23 year old blondes in high heels) and much of the blame lies with Ukrainians! (wouldn't you know it?)

Most of them speak Russian and Russian, being a case system language, uses no "articles" (the, a, an) Ukrainians, when learning English have a terrible problem with articles (and tenses and singular/plural)and often get confused. Ask the typical Ukrainian trying to speak English where they come from and they will say "The Ukraine" Of course they will also say "I am going store for to get the grocery" and the talking heads haven't picked up on that one yet. Another reason is that Ukraine has been, at various times, parts of other countries more than it has been independent and was often referred by those countries as "The Ukrainian region" because the occupants were Ukrainians. Anyway, completely useless drivel but interesting nonetheless and one of those things that it is better to know, than not know, but I am not sure why.

At any rate, that is what I have discovered so far and as an independent country it is properly called "Ukraine"

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Well, you just never know what you are going to learn here on VJ.. I for one, feel a little smarter than I did when I woke up this morning!!

Invictus..

William Ernest Henley

• 4 weeks later...

Good luck with your visa in Lagos. Best be prepared for the strange and unusual. If the phrase injures your sensibilities you are in for a rough time of it.

I am very prepared. I grew up in Nigeria so I am very prepared. And you are being rude for no reason at all.

Service Center : CSC

Consulate : Lagos, Nigeria

K-I Visa

I-129F Sent : 2009-09-14

I-129F NOA1 : 2009-09-18

I-129F NOA2 : 2009-12-14

NVC Received : 2009-12-17

NVC Left : 2009-12-22

Consulate Received : 2009-12-28

Packet 3 Received : 2010-02-01 Via Email

Packet 4 Received : 2010-02-01 Via Email

Medical Exam 1: 2010-02-06

Medical Exam 1 Results: 2010-02-15 (Passed)

Police Report: 2010-04-22

Interview Date : 2010-05-04 Approved

Visa Pick up date: 2010-05-11

POE: ORD 2010-05-31

Civil Ceremony: 2010-06-11

ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS

AOS and EAD Package mailed to Chicago : 2010-07-30

NOA1 Date: 2010-08-05

Check cashed: 2010-08-09

Biometrics: 2010-08-26

Church Wedding: 2010-09-18

EAD Received Card Received: 2010-09-30

AOS Interview: 2010-10-14 Approved

Green Card received: 2010-10-23

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

I-751 PACKAGE SENT: 2012-08-21

NOA1:2010-08-24

Biometrics: 2012-11-23. Walk in 2012-11-13

ROC Approved, Green Card Ordered: 2010-10-14e-mail from USCIS

Green Card received: 2013-03-28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.