Gumbolette

Why there are pinays out there who feels so conceited about theirselves once they arrived here in the States?

153 posts in this topic

agree! :thumbs:

I think bmtrrbt meant people in general. Wag makialam sa buhay ng may buhay - mapa-pinoy man o ibang lahi. If they're becoming dumber and dumber, so? It's not your life to care about. It's not even your loved ones'.. If you aren't one of those Filipinos, whom you said, think highly of themselves so much, then why feel so aggravated. Everyone is different, there are reasons why people change, why people act dumb, why people feel jealous, why people are this and that. Me mga kababayan din naman tayo sa Pinas, like galing sa Visayas or Mindanao, nakatuntong lang ng Manila eh di na marunong magsalita ng sarili nilang dialect like Bisaya. It's pretty much the same.

One shouldn't have to air out something like this JUST SO TO MAKE THEMSELVES AWARE THAT THEY SHOULDN'T BE LIKE THEM.

1997- met in Highschool (philippines)

2004 - andrea migrated to U.S.

2005 - visited then b.f.

2007 - MARRIED

2008 - visited now husband in philippines

jULY 24, 2009 - andrea got her U.S. Citizenship

july 30,2009- I130 received

august 2009- VISITED hubby

sept 14, 2009- I130 approved

november 12, 2009 -case complete

december 14, 2009- interview -APPROVED!!!!

:thumbs:

Im not a good friend..i dont even have many friends... hehehehehe...

Hmmmm...I guess you must be a righteous person then coz your telling them how to act right. hehehehehe...

okay thats all for now. Thank you for this topic...I am now enlightened.

God bless us all.

2005 - visited then b.f.

2007 - MARRIED

i have nothing against filipinos who speak english coz we are here in USA where English is the main language...like me and my hubby we are both filipinos but we went to schools where we speak english a lot and especially me, some of my classmates were foreigners din. BUT and there is a BUT, even if im used to speaking in english here what annoys me most is when you met filipinas or filipinos who you speak in Tagalog to and then reply to you in english and kinda look down on you because you still speak tagalog...last May I met this filipina with an american hubby at a friend's kid's baptism, so the american hubby was like, "come here wife's name, they are from the philippines, talk to them"the husband left her with us...the filipina wife came and I said, "kumusta po" and then she said being all snotty and snobbish - "Im sorry? What did you say?" I then said i said "KUMUSTA PO?"and she was like "OH OH, I AM GOOD... how long how you been here in California?" I replied in tagalog pa rin " Simula pa po 1996 pero pababalik balik pa ako sa Manila kasi dun ako nag aral" she then replied again " Oh that's a long time" and then I couldn't help it anymore, I said "How about you, how long have you been here?" she said, "Since February" I said, being all surprised and kinda annoyed "This year only? how come I speak better Tagalog than you?" hehe she just looked flushed and said looking at me as if im stupid and ignorant " because I speak to my husband a lot and im around American's all the time" my husband butted in and said " eh wala naman po asawa niyo sa tabi niyo eh at kinakausap po namin kayo ng Tagalog, wala pa po kayong 6 months dito di na kayo marunong mag Tagalog " my husband was laughing at her coz she was being very arrogant to me while she was looking at my purse and stuff hahaha...sorry siya, me and my husband ganged up on her.. i know we were mean but we just left her there after my hubby's comment...

also, do you get annoyed when you meet filipinos or filipinas and ask you "ANO PAPEL MO DITO?" hehehe

also, do you get annoyed when you meet filipinos or filipinas and ask you "ANO PAPEL MO DITO?" hehehe - Paper De Liha or papel de hapon or first class bond paper para sosyal. :rofl: Could not help answering this comment.

Baka naman nahihirapan magpapalit-palit nang accent from english to filipino language yong na meet mo kaya gusto lang mag-english. :devil:

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

it's not the accent, its the language... she was talking to two filipinos and we were talking to her in tagalog... that's the story i was telling here... i don't care about the accent...

actually about the papel, I answered this one older lady i met in Texas before and i said papel de hapon then smiled..she just kept quiet...

also, do you get annoyed when you meet filipinos or filipinas and ask you "ANO PAPEL MO DITO?" hehehe - Paper De Liha or papel de hapon or first class bond paper para sosyal. :rofl: Could not help answering this comment.

Baka naman nahihirapan magpapalit-palit nang accent from english to filipino language yong na meet mo kaya gusto lang mag-english. :devil:

2005 - visited then b.f.

2007 - MARRIED

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

If you speak Tagalog to the old Sakadas here in Hawaii, they might speak back to you in broken English, or Ilocano. Also not every Filipino looking person here can speak Taglog.

• 1 month later...

hello fellows!

interesting topic. been in your shoes O P. and i think will always will be. but, i think the best way to handle this situation is just ignore, pass and move on with out lives. filipinas/filipinos who ignores doesnt deserve attention for next time if you still encounter them. to tell you the truth, we just moved in a state where theres tons of filipinas and i only spoke to 2 filipinas. one filipina at the mall was so nice, she approached me with the opening word "day madami ako perfume dito" lol. so i laughed and we had a little chit chat. one at the filipino store and she was nice. we spoke taglish lol, with my husband around. he didnt mind. i met a lot of filipinas at the mall. i smile, they don't smile me back. i don't care, lol. i have a filipina friend on fb that is a certified bragger. she post everything she got from her husband. like her shoes, bags, her backyard, her sectional sofa, her new lamp, her yellow polished nails/feet, her 2 lcd tv's, they've been there and here, blah, blah, so many too mention. my friends from phils are really annoyed with her. it's true that when you came from a poor family and you came to the U.S. you tend to have a combulsion and delirous due to the nice stuff around you.

when it comes to clothes, i think there's nothing wrong to wear a nice one as long as you can afford it. i wear mine coz i have some from xmas gifts, bday gifts, anniversary gifts. but take note, i don't show my butt checks on public unless we go to the beach :luv: as my husband say; "wear sexy not slutty", toink, lol.

Edited by Mistika

Timeline

i once came across a woman like this in a Filipino market i frequent, but she wasn't bragging about material things; she was bragging about her daughter. when i said "ang kyut" (with an accent) just to shut her up, the lady smirked at me with a look of vindication. it seems that the cashier didn't like that very much because she then asked me, "you have daughters too, right?". I told her yes and she replied, "mas magaganda sila. how old are they now?". the look on that lady's face when i said they were 16 & 19 was priceless. i'm sure she had assumed i was single & w/o children since i was alone. not to mention i was wearing shorts, sando (aka "wifebeater") and slippers that day, so she couldn't have known my status in life. same as i had no idea what her husband's status was either, so i couldn't judge her even if i wanted to. and i didn't. i actually felt sorry for her because she picked a battle she could never win...

to be completely honest, this entire thread seems very hypocritical to me. most of the members in this forum "brag" about themselves by way of their significant others to some extent. some just do it a little more covertly...

02-27-2013 I-129F Packet Sent
03-03-2013 I-129F Packet Delivery
03-04-2013 NOA1 (text/email)
03-08-2013 A Number Changed
03-09-2013 Received NOA1 hardcopy
06-13-2013 Approved in 99 Days!
06-15-2013 Received NOA2 hardcopy
06-28-2013 Received MNL Case Number
07-08-2013 Manila Embassy Interview scheduled
07-22-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 1
07-23-2013 SLMEC Medical Exam Day 2 - Passed!
08-31-2013 Arrived in Manila
09-02-2013 CFO - PASSED
09-03-2013 Manila Embassy Interview - APPROVED
09-05-2013 Visa Issued
09-09-2013 Visa ready for pick up at SM MOA
09-18-2013 Picked up passport and got CFO sticker

09-22-2013 Departed from Manila
10-04-2013 Fiancee departs for U.S.

Timeline

most of the members in this forum "brag" about themselves by way of their significant others to some extent. some just do it a little more covertly...

Yes we do, and in general brag on ourselves - or put others down, which amounts to the same thing.

So allow me to say that my wife is the best on the planet, of all time.

With respect to the OP, it takes character to attain either wealth, power, or fame - and not cop an attitude.

Fate can put us in the gutter or strike us down with some awful cancer.

I would like to thank everyone who has been continuously contributing on this thread.

I have been reading this thread and there's only one thing I would like every filipina to keep in mind by heart, that we all have 1 thing in common, that is we are here in this wonderful country to be with our love.

Regardless of how you treat others, that's what you make yourself. And what you make yourself is how you want to be treated.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I would like to thank everyone who has been continuously contributing on this thread.

I have been reading this thread and there's only one thing I would like every filipina to keep in mind by heart, that we all have 1 thing in common, that is we are here in this wonderful country to be with our love.

Regardless of how you treat others, that's what you make yourself. And what you make yourself is how you want to be treated.

You stated your point now.

Do you want to continue this thread open where everyone has a chance to 1) put down other fellow filipinas OR 2) brag about how great and "above everyone else" their love ones are.

Dont you think its about time that this thread be closed.

K1 Process:

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

AOS Process:

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

ROC Process

April 21,2011 Approval

Naturalization Process

[/size]

You stated your point now.

Do you want to continue this thread open where everyone has a chance to 1) put down other fellow filipinas OR 2) brag about how great and "above everyone else" their love ones are.

Dont you think its about time that this thread be closed.

Its not in my hands to close this thread. If there are no violations that were violated, why it should be closed?

Either way, its the mod's call.

Edited by Cutie_Patootie

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Its not in my hands to close this thread. If there are no violations that were violated, why it should be closed?

actually, the op can always ask for a thread to be closed and the mods honor that.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

To OP,

The violation here is not specific to any member of VJ. The violation is openly saying bad things to our fellow filipinos/filipinas. Do we reallu have to openly post or say in the internet how crappy our fellow filipinos/filipinas are. No one is perfect.

But if you care about your fellow filipino/filipina... say it directly to them so they would know their faults. Nobody is perfect.

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THIS POST CONTINUE OPENED... I WOULD CHALLENGE YOUR LAST POST AND CALL YOU HYPOCRITE!

K1 Process:

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

AOS Process:

ROC Process

April 21,2011 Approval

Naturalization Process

[/size]

To OP,

The violation here is not specific to any member of VJ. The violation is openly saying bad things to our fellow filipinos/filipinas. Do we reallu have to openly post or say in the internet how crappy our fellow filipinos/filipinas are. No one is perfect.

But if you care about your fellow filipino/filipina... say it directly to them so they would know their faults. Nobody is perfect.

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP THIS POST CONTINUE OPENED... I WOULD CHALLENGE YOUR LAST POST AND CALL YOU HYPOCRITE!

:thumbs::clock::pop:

Immigration Timeline Summary

10.21.2008 – CR-1 Visa Application Filed (By Hubby's Sec)
09.04.2009 – Visa Interview | Passed
09.10.2009 – Visa Packet Received
09.17.2009 – US Entry | Home
07.05.2011 – ROC Petition Filed
05.01.2012 – ROC Approved (No Interview)
05.18.2012 – 10-year GC Received
06.19.2012 – Eligible to apply for Naturalization
(procrastinated)
06.24.2013 – N-400 Application Filed
09.30.2013 – Civics Test / Interview | Passed
10.03.2013 – Oath Taking Ceremony | Became a USCitizen!
04.14.2014 – Applied for "Expedite Service" Passport (as PI travel date was fast approaching)
04.16.2014 – Passport Issued & Shipped
04.17.2014 – US Passport Received

Our timeline vanished into thin air.

I've contacted the admin several times but I got zero response.

https://meiscookery.wordpress.com

To OP,

Ok? I'm a hypocrite now for stating just as another feedback like others and YOU did? Or you are calling me "HYPOCRITE" just to challenge me how far I can play with your game to have this thread closed? Sorry dear, but I won't give you an appetizing battle of words just to make you feel GOOD to everybody. Oh, am I now?

There are few terms I consider even before I posted this topic here, on top of them is that how many souls I would actually affect and in the littlest way would be tickled that YES! crappy as you called it, that the world doesn't revolve in ourselves that once in a while, we need some form of REMINDER that are we still the best of what we can be?

I didn't intend to address you, Rhearick as you are astonishingly struck by this concern, however I truly appreciate your feed back on this matter.

I threw my 2 cents.

Thank you everyone for giving making this topic a delightful one.

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.