Gumbolette

Why there are pinays out there who feels so conceited about theirselves once they arrived here in the States?

153 posts in this topic

I have been to few states for work purposes and sometimes when I met a filipina as well, considering the time she was just here in the states, (say just 2-6 months) they feel like they've just earn the right to be a b**ch, and some thinks their a$*es don't stink.. I mean, there are so many trying hard to blend-in that quick in the American way ( e.g the way they cloth their selves, the way they talk, interpret things). Just because some girls married a foreigner they evolved too quick. I don't blame other people why they would immediately think that these types of gals really just use their husbands as a ticket to the USA. It makes me aggravated everytime I come across with a fellow pinay who acts like this.

Why can't we just put our feet on the ground and stay humble. CAN SOMEBODY ENLIGHTEN ME WHY THIS HAPPENS???

Edited by Cutie_Patootie

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

Beneficiary (My Sister 18 y.o)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

02-19-20- "Initial Review, Transferred to another Visa Center"

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I have been to few states for work purposes and sometimes when I met a filipina as well, considering the time she was just here in the states, (say just 2-6 months) they feel like they've just earn the right to be a b**ch, and some thinks their a$*es don't stink.. I mean, there are so many trying hard to blend-in that quick in the American way ( e.g the way they cloth their selves, the way they talk, interpret things). Just because some girls married a foreigner they evolved too quick. I don't blame other people why they would immediately think that these types of gals really just use their husbands as a ticket to the USA. It makes me aggravated everytime I come across with a fellow pinay who acts like this.

Why can't we just put our feet on the ground and stay humble. CAN SOMEBODY ENLIGHTEN ME WHY THIS HAPPENS???

it could be because they're insecure and the only way to feel good about themselves is to be someone they're totally not. :)

just be thankful you're not like them :)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

it could be because they're insecure and the only way to feel good about themselves is to be someone they're totally not. :)

just be thankful you're not like them :)

You hit the nail on its head. :thumbs:

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I cant comment on your post... but I do want to say.. YOUR BABY IS SUUUUUPER CUTE!!!!

Invictus..

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the Horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll.

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

William Ernest Henley

I cant comment on your post... but I do want to say.. YOUR BABY IS SUUUUUPER CUTE!!!!

Compliment is very much appreciated. :)

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

I met alot of them. :devil::devil::devil::devil: they will never be my friends...(ignore)

it is always good to be HUMBLE all the time......according to them "ang nasa baba itinataas ang nasa taas ibinababa"...uuuummmmm

haha.......bato bato sa langit ang tamaan wag magagalit....

P.S. Your baby is so smart (I watched her videos) would you be interested in making your baby a commercial model? PM me.

:star::star::star::star::star:

Anyone have a guts to give even just one name ? I dont LOL :lol: . But I know what you meant. Hindi na naman bago to sa ugali ng karamihang pinay na 'to. Kahit nung nasa pilipinas pa naman tayo meron na talagang mga taong ganito. Yung iba nakakain lng ng 3 beses sa isang araw at medyo bato lng yung bahay nila akala nila kaya na rin nila bilhin kapit-bahay nila so ano pa kung nasa US of A na . Sometimes you just gonna embarass for them by the way they act and talk to other pinoy. Sometimes its amussing... But sometimes its annoying. Just let them be and be who you are na lang. :star:

SzIKm4.png
4202e493-922b-4a14-a1b7-438a49a69f71_zps0b740bfd-4829-475c-92b2-ceedfc991843_zps

Chains do not hold a marriage together. It is threads, hundreds of tiny threads which sew people together through the years.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Its interesting that you mention this..I have seen this myself and am suprised at how some have come here to America and surely changed..I dont of course know what these people were like before they moved here, but I certainly didnt like the way they acted towards me when I approached them. I am sure that they were the exception to the rule, I hope so anyway because i am marrying a filipino :) and i would hate to see my fiance act like this..

Its interesting that you mention this..I have seen this myself and am suprised at how some have come here to America and surely changed..I dont of course know what these people were like before they moved here, but I certainly didnt like the way they acted towards me when I approached them. I am sure that they were the exception to the rule, I hope so anyway because i am marrying a filipino :) and i would hate to see my fiance act like this..

I didn't want to stereotype filipinas, but the reason I have brought this topic up was, a cousin of mine shared her dismay with this pinay girl whom she met from a FIL-AM community.She happens to be residing in the same city where my cousin is in. The pinay came from not so fortunate family from a Visayan place back in the Phil but when she arrived here, few months after, she started asking her husband material things,(car, expensive clothing, and gadgets)that she really have to call my cousin and brag these things. like, wth? Does she really have to do this?

First of all, we should feel thankful and very lucky for having the opportunity on meeting our husbands who happens to be from United States. We can't deny the fact that there are a lot of people who are dreaming to be engulf here in the land of milk and honey. But if we abused, and brag this opportunity that was given to us, God will never be happy and He will surely send us back to where we came from.

Edited by Cutie_Patootie

F2A

Petitioner (My Mom)

06-07-19- Sent I-130

06-11-19- NOA1

03-11-20- APPROVED!!!

:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

sa lahat ng sinabi nyo....

agree pagkadaming pinay na ganyan hehehe... :devil: :devil: :devil:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Hay may mga kilala din akong ganyan. Kala mo kung sino..hay lahat nalang na meron ipinagmamalaki. 1 year and 8 months na ako dito sa USA pero 4 pa lang nakikilala ko na pinay. I don't hang out with them. I think kapag nakakakilala ako ng Pinay eh that will be the first and the last meeting. They will even inviting me to go shopping but unfortunately I hate shopping and I am a home body person. Ayaw ko ding mag-attent sa mga gatherings because of this reasons mentioned by the OP. Mas masaya pa ako kapag si hubby at ang baby namin ang kabonding ko.

2_950692851l.jpg

October 24, 2007 - we met online ( Cherry Blossoms)

February 24, 2008 - He came to the Philippines to finally meet me!

February 26, 2008 - He proposed to me and I said YES!

March 4, 2008 - Flew back home ( US )- sad

K1 timeline:

April 7, 2008 - sent I-129f to VSC

April 10, 2008 - VSC received petition

April 18, 2008 - NOA1 hard copy received

May 9, 2008 - touched

July 14, 2008 - touched

July 15, 2008 - NOA2 (99days)

Aug.14-15,2008-Medical PASSED

Aug.22,2008- Interview PASSED (Pink Slip Only)

Aug.29,2008- VISA ON HAND

Sept.3,2008- POE Houston TX

October 25, 2008 - Officially Mrs. Eaton

AOS Timeline:

March 10, 2009 - AOS package sent to USCIS via FedEx

March 12, 2009 12:21pm - AOS package delivered to USCIS

March 20, 2009 - Check cashed

March 21, 2009 - NOA1 for I-485, I-131 and I-765

March 24, 2009 - Received Biometrics Appointment

April 4, 2009 - Case transferred to CSC

April 7, 2009 - Biometrics appointment is done

May 4, 2009 - AP approval notice received

May 8,2008 - EAD received

June 3, 2009 - Welcome notice from CRIS via email

June 8, 2009 - Receive hard copy of welcome notice on the mail

June 15, 2009 - Card production ordered

June 27, 2009 - Green Card on hand ( 2 years )

so far more than a year na ako dito sa hawaii pero never pa naman ako naka encounter ng ganyan... when I was working marami akong kasamahang pinay pero they were simple makapinoy ang dating din kahit ilang years na sila dito nakatira. I guess it depends na lang sa iyo if you want to be friends to a person like that. I dont hang out with filipinos here i didnt even try to find filipino friends here...why i didnt because i dont need them...I have my hubby why would i look for somebody else to make me happy...though no man is an island but you gotta choose good friends so you wont have to make such complaints like that anymore. Iba-iba naman kasi ang mga tao...kaya pag tuunan mo na lang ng pansin ang sarili mo na di maging tulad nila.

God bless you.

I didn't want to stereotype filipinas, but the reason I have brought this topic up was, a cousin of mine shared her dismay with this pinay girl whom she met from a FIL-AM community.She happens to be residing in the same city where my cousin is in. The pinay came from not so fortunate family from a Visayan place back in the Phil but when she arrived here, few months after, she started asking her husband material things,(car, expensive clothing, and gadgets)that she really have to call my cousin and brag these things. like, wth? Does she really have to do this?

First of all, we should feel thankful and very lucky for having the opportunity on meeting our husbands who happens to be from United States. We can't deny the fact that there are a lot of people who are dreaming to be engulf here in the land of milk and honey. But if we abused, and brag this opportunity that was given to us, God will never be happy and He will surely send us back to where we came from.

Maraming pinay na ganyan. Couple of my filipina friends did encounter those type of filipinas. I just told my friends not to talk to them.

And if you encounter those type, they are typically INSECURE PEOPLE. For your own sanity, dont bother waste your time with them.

K1 Process:

May 1, 2008 Submitted I-129F to CSC

May 8, 2008 Received by CSC

May 9, 2008 NOA1

May 18, 2008 Touched

October 9, 2008 RFE

October 28, 2008 RFE Reply

October 29, 2008 Touched

October 30, 2008 Touched

November 1, 2008 NOA2 (HardCopy)

November 11, 2008 Letter from NVC (Hardcopy)

November 14 & 17, 2008 Medical (Passed)

November 26, 2008 Interview (Passed)

December 5, 2008 Visa Received

December 23, 2008 US Entry (POE: Hawaii)

February 7, 2009 Private Wedding

AOS Process:

March 9, 2009 Mailed AOS Application via Express Mail (I-485, I-765, I-131)

March 10, 2009 USPS confirmed that AOS application was delivered and received in Chicago

March 18, 2009 Received NOA for AOS, EAD and AP

April 8, 2009 Biometrics Done

April 27, 2009 AP Approved

May 1, 2009 AP received in the mail

May 2, 2009 EAD card received in the mail

May 29, 2009 AOS interview (Approved)

June 29, 2009 GC received

ROC Process

March 1, 2011 Mailed I-175 Application via Express Mail

March 4 ,2011 NOA for I-175

April 05,2011 Biometrics [Early Biometrics March 22, 2011]

April 21,2011 Approval

April 27,2011 10 Year Green Card Received

Naturalization Process

March 6, 2012 Mailed N-400 Application via Express Mail

[/size]

hahahahahaha,, naka relate tuloy ako sa topic nato,, i experienced this myself,,me and my husband attended the wedding of my neice here in US of A,,, the made of honor of my niece is a filipina too who married a american guy,,,, in the dressing room,,, me and my neice and the made of honor are only there,,, since we are all both filipinas in the room,,,i assume we speak our filipino language but this made of honor really speak english all the time and take note she is trying to pronounce it in american way,,, i talk to her in visaya way and she responded me in english,,i really want to knock her head and said hello we are all filipina here you don't have to speak english duh,,,i am really pissed off,,i believe no matter where we go we should not forget of what we are,,,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.