thrpeeoh

My life is over....

78 posts in this topic

If you see her again, don't touch her.

If she throws things at you, don't retaliate.

If she tries to hit you, duck.

IMO - she's using a 'playbook' - I have to assume that others are coaching her on what to do, to prove up abuse, so that she can remove conditions when filing for a 10 year card, on her own.

IF she already has the 10 year card - then , again IMO, she has played you all this time to get that card.

If she really wants to stay with you, if she really loves you -

she will have NO ISSUES with you changing the locks today,

removing her name from the joint bank account,

and other things you should do to protect yourself.

I also suggest you file for divorce, today. Include a protection order, to keep her out of the house, and to keep her from contacting you (for a period of 90 days or more).

You can supply other documents later, if / when needed - but initial filing is easy.

If she has a turn around, then you don't need to finish up the divorce proceedings, later.

anyway - that's my 2 cents on it. I'd be happy to be wrong, but she's fitting into a recognized pattern of the 'green card game'.

Good Luck, with whatever you decide to do.

you are so right. lets also look at the side of the coin why she acted that way. i am not diagnosing her but i can see symptoms of a bipolar to her behavior.

Depression, homesickness and pressure from family back home could be the reasons why she is acting that way or she is trying to find a way to end the relationship but getting physical is absolutely ridiculous. I doubt that she really plans to go home; I hope your wife will come forward so we can hear the other side of the story too. You have to let go if she doesn't want to continue the marriage and move on with your life.

Filed: Timeline

Sure - you can ask. lets see - personal experience, in a prior life, and then my network of friends not on VJ, then

specifically a group of ex-husbands of PI-women who discovered this 'game', and then SOME of the 'stories' here on VJ.

I've been 'wired in' to this game since 2003.

Very Good and informative answers..... :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

and some games start long before Marriage.....

Also need to take into account of "the ILLUSION of better life in another country" which most time does not materialize exactly as "some" have been dreaming of it....

Only to come to the realization that LIFE is hard, no matter what country you live in...

I hope that you aren't dealing with this situation on your own. It would be good to have support from your friends, family or church etc. I mean I hope you can have others around to talk to and support you during this time and not just dealing with her.

I'm sorry for this situation. It's not what anyone would want in marriage.

K1 timeline :

1/11/10 - I-129F sent to California Service Center

1/19/10 - NOA1

2/18/10 - moved and changed address on USCIS site

2/19/10 - touched

3/10/10 - touched

3/10/10 - NOA2, hardcopy recieved 3/12

3/16/10 - Left NVC, recieved MNL case #

3/22/10 - USEM recieved

4/19/10 - Passed Medical

4/28/10 - Interview - Approved

4/30/10 - Picked up Visa and completed CFO

5/5/10 - POE - Honolulu, Hawaii

5/6/10 - married in Hawaii

AOS timeline:

7/8/10 - received SSN Card

7/16/10 - reported US marriage for RP records

10/18/10 - AOS delivered in Chicago

10/25/10 - NOA1

11/04/10 - Biometrics Letter Received

11/23/10 - Biometrics Completed

11/24/10 - touched

11/26/10 - touched

02/14/11 - AOS approved at Interview, GC ordered

02/22/11 - GC arrives in mail

ROC Timeline:

12/17/12 - I-751 sent to California Service Center

12/20/12 - NOA1 arrives in mail

1/14/13 - Biometrics appointment

4/11/13 - RC Approved at Interview

4/22/13 - 10 Year Green Card arrived in mail

event.png

Always Thankful for God's blessings on our lives..

Just checking up on the OP. How are you doing?? If you would like to PM me, feel free to do so. I will get back with you as soon as I can. There has been some great advice here, especially from Darnell. I hope things are better for you Bro. Keep your head up and be logical with every thing you do from here on out!!

Filed: Timeline

Remove the whole 'green card' from the situation, and as yourself what would you do otherwise?

Homesickness is NO excuse for physical violence.

If you want to try to save your marriage, I think the best bet is to have her move out. See a counselor. Whatever. But you two (imo) cannot continue to live in the same house where there's such a great probability of the violence escalating. What you've described seems outright ludicrous and obscene. My heart goes out to you.

At the very least, a separation is in order. I understand you love her, but love yourself enough to protect yourself.

Remove the whole 'green card' from the situation, and as yourself what would you do otherwise?

Homesickness is NO excuse for physical violence.

If you want to try to save your marriage, I think the best bet is to have her move out. See a counselor. Whatever. But you two (imo) cannot continue to live in the same house where there's such a great probability of the violence escalating. What you've described seems outright ludicrous and obscene. My heart goes out to you.

At the very least, a separation is in order. I understand you love her, but love yourself enough to protect yourself.

I don't think it could be said much better than that. Darnell is absolutely right about protecting yourself too. Abuse is completely unacceptable, no excuses!

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Check her birth control pills....I get easily irritated when i take birth control pills....

Edited by oliver-chris

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Check her birth control pills....I get easily irritated when i take birth control pills....

Thats exactly what I said but she still shouldnt be going off like that...

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

I'm beginning to wonder if she is bi-polar or simply depressed? Her anger seems far too obsene and as said before, is escalating rapidly. Try talking to her to see what the "REAL" problem is... Although far-fetched and possibly wrong, some women do this in light of attention while others are care-less/care-free... This note that she wrote also is sort of pre-meditated IMHO... has there been any major life changes besides the purchase of a home?

Once again, I may be wrong but if there was a major life change then this could affect her mentally, although I dont presume this affecting her to the point of her loosing her mind in such anger. Hormonal changes, new baby, new birth control? No mean to pry but my husband has told me that since I've taken the Depo, I've gotten more ANGRY and Moody- crying and anxious... Maybe she is experiencing something similar. Try to think of what could have triggered her wild impulses and then maybe you guys could work throuugh it... ALL THE BEST

I agree on this post...

unless she is mentally ill and has not yet been diagnosed (i'm serious), your wife seems to have been used to doing whatever she wants and she needs to be stopped.

take darnell's advice. or if you want to give your wife a chance, take her to counseling, but still be ready for the worst that could happen and for what she might do against you legally.

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

unless she is mentally ill and has not yet been diagnosed (i'm serious), your wife seems to have been used to doing whatever she wants and she needs to be stopped.

take darnell's advice. or if you want to give your wife a chance, take her to counseling, but still be ready for the worst that could happen and for what she might do against you legally.

Take her to counselling so she can talk to professional people

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Have Darnell start an investigation for you, and pick-up the dry cleaning as well on his way home! :lol:

Hey Hopp - thanks for checking in. Why was that thread of yours closed, again? hmmmmm Ya - you know the one I'm talking about.

You've successfully harangued an opinion on me, when you deign to make the time.

At some point, I do hope you give up - I'm still not getting why in the world you'd be stalking me in this fashion.

Ya - I noticed the pattern.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

----

thrpeeoh - there is always a chance that it's possible to reconcile all, and the two of you know a happy life together.

It will take work. Others have mentioned the type of work, as well as some medical symptoms that she MAY be exhibiting to you.

Do you have the energy to see it through? If the answer is yes, then go forth, make it happen.

No, I'm not giving you 'different advice' - this is something I did mean to say, earlier. Reconcilation, IMO, is the best approach, but, if that isn't possible - well, I've written a bit on what to do to protect yerself.

Good Luck, what ever decision you make, ah?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.