SabrinaFrance

Applying for grade school

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Here is my situation. I have the equivalent of an American bachelor's degree in international business from a French business school. And now that I am living here in USA I am looking into going back to school to get an MBA or maybe a masters in finance. But I am really confused about where to start.

From what I understand I need my degree, and transcripts to be translated to the American format (transcripts). I already checked with my French school and they do not offer this service. So I need to look somewhere else, the problem is that I dont know which door to knock on.

Besides, should I first find the school and program that I want, and then have my grades transcribed or the other way around?

If anybody could give me some feedback it would be great!

Thanks.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Congrats on copleting your bachelors... In order to have your transcript evaluated, please obtain a regular official transcript sent to any of the given organizations. I have listed WES first because they are most reputable. As you mentioned, you would need transcript translated into english; please see the given websites for language translation.

http://www.wes.org/ and specifically http://www.wes.org/students/index.asp

Also try these for language translation

http://www.naces.org/members.htm

http://www.grad.usf.edu/graduate-admissions-Foreign-Transcript-Evaluation.asp

http://www.adea.org/dental_education_pathways/Pages/ForeignTranscript.aspx

Also, here is a list of orgs and contact details: please check it out

http://www.ade.state.az.us/certification/downloads/CredentialEvaluationServices.pdf

I hope this helps but if not, I pray its given you a head start of what you should look forward to do in getting into Grad school. All the best

6y2gm4.pngE1nrm4.png

01/06/10 - Got Married

AOS from F-1 visa (2 months 2 1/2 weeks or 82 days)

04/14/10 - Sent AOS Package

04/26/10 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/16/10 - Biometrics letter

05/19/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/07/10 - Interview Appointment in Philly- July 7 @ 11:05 am APPROVED

07/19/10 - 2 YEAR Green Card received

Removal of Conditions (9 months 1 1/2 weeks or 285 days)

04/08/12 - Eligibility date

04/19/12 - Sent ROC Package

04/26/12 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

05/17/10 - Biometrics letter

05/24/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

01/25/13 - APPROVED- ROC card production ordered

02/05/13 - 10 YEAR Green Card received

Naturalization (5 months 2 days or 155 days)

04/15/13 - Eligibility date

06/07/13 - Sent Package

06/20/13 - Hardcopy NOAs Received

06/27/12 - Successful Walk-in Biometrics in Dover DE

07/05/13 - Interview letter sent/In-line notification

08/14/13 - Interview scheduled in Philly @ 1:30 pm APPROVED

11/07/13 - Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

I also used WES to translate my transcripts. You have to take the TOEFL exam and GMAT (General management admission test). If you are a resident for 1 year and you want to go to a University in the same state it will be cheaper. Admission usually starts 1 yea before the school starts if I'm right.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Thanks for the responses. My main problem is that in my former school there is no such thing as an official transcripts. I would receive my grades on an Excel spreadsheet, it doesnt even indicate the time period, just the date that the report was issued. I contacted the school, and hopefully they can issue something better, but if they refuse to cooperate then I dont know what to do.

If this is a reputable Grad school, then I am sure this would not be the first time they have encounter a situation such as yours. Do what you can, and let the school direct you on how to handle what they may deem as un-acceptable for them.

Good Luck...

Edited by LIFE'SJOURNEY

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I also used WES to translate my transcripts. You have to take the TOEFL exam and GMAT (General management admission test). If you are a resident for 1 year and you want to go to a University in the same state it will be cheaper. Admission usually starts 1 yea before the school starts if I'm right.

does everyody need to take the TOEFL exam?For ex:I'm Canadian where English is the official language in Canada.Then ,do I have to take it too?

I-130 Journey

04-18-09 - I-130 sent USPS Priority to Chicago Lockbox

04-24-09 - I-130 received by USCS and the first touch

04-27-09 - I-130 NOA1 (California Service Center)

04-27-09 - Check Cashed

08-13-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 e-mail

08-17-09 - I-130 Received NOA2 Hardcopy (I-797)

NVC Journey

08-17-09 - NVC Received/Case number assigned

09-08-09 - NVC sent the first mail to the petitioner

09-08-09 - DS-3032 / AOS Bill Generated

09-08-09 - E-mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Mailed DS-3032

09-09-09 - Pay AOS Bill (Online)

09-10-09 - AOS Bill Show as PAID

09-10-09 - IV Bill Generated

09-11-09 - Paid IV Bill

09-11-09 - NVC accepted DS-3032(received an e-mail)

09-12-09 - Mailed I-864 Package

09-14-09 - IV Bill Show as PAID

09-15-09 - I-864 received at NVC

09-16-09 - Mailed IV Package(DS-230)

09-17-09 - DS-230 package delivered to NVC(confirmed via fed-ex)

09-21-09 - NVC received the DS-230

09-23-09 - NVC sent an e-mail asking for DS-230 package

09-24-09 - NVC confirmed that the DS-230 package received

09-26-09 - Login Failed!!!

09-28-09 - Case Completed at NVC --------------------------------------------------NVC stage is completed in 38 days

01-27-10 - Medical

02-05-10 - Interview Date

04-14-10 - POE

Done with USCIS until Apr 14,2012 (Removal of Conditions)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

does everyody need to take the TOEFL exam?For ex:I'm Canadian where English is the official language in Canada.Then ,do I have to take it too?

NO you don't need to take the TOEFL test.

I'd simply check now with the admissions office of the school I was interested in and find out how they would like me to handle the situation.

My current admissions office is always more than willing to help. Hopefully you experience the same.:)

12-18-06 Began investigating K1 process<3

--------------------

01-10-08 K-1 PETITION SUBMITTED

07-18-08 INTERVIEW... APPROVED!!! (190 long days)

09-02-08 MARRIED <3

--------------------

04-07-09 AOS APPROVED (196 days)

--------------------

07-21-11 ROC APPROVED

--------------------

09-13-13 N-400 NATURALIZATION PETITION FINALLY SUBMITTED

10-23-13 IN LINE FOR INTERVIEW

01-11-14 RECEIVED INTERVIEW LETTER

02-10-14 INTERVIEW DATE & OATH DONE... US CITIZEN!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.