kottayam

PROOF OF MARRIAGE FOR ROC

13 posts in this topic

I am preparing the form I751 for ROC, my 90 days timeframe started on March 14th 2010.

I have only the following evidences ready,planning to send it this week so very tensed.

1.tax transcripts of 2007&2008 filed jointly(Q:2009 is not yet filed, will file this month end, i am confused ,should i wait to send the I751 for one more week or should i send it without the 2009 tax returns)

2.birth certificate of the newborn baby and her US passport

3.credit card statements with name of both of us.( from the date i came to US)

4. bank statement of our joint account(Q. since my hus use this account for his business transaction the mailing address on the bank statement is my husbands office address and not our house address, will it cause any problem)

5.medical insurance with the name of all of us,including my daughter and the new born

6.vehicle insurance with names of both of us(my car is shown as the vehicle for his office so no joint property)

7.no lease deed ,since he had is own house before i came to US.

8.AHS home maintenence contract with names of both of us

9.electricity bill with his name

10.cable TV bills with name of both of us but only for the last 4 months, previously it was only in his name

11.international calling arrangement with startec with both the names but only for last 4 months

12.driving lisence of both of us with the same address on it.

13.e-tickets of some holiday trips together.

14.photographs.

That is all , no joint property, no joint vehicle, and no joint utility bills. :crying: is that OK

If it were me, I would include a copy of the deed (or similar ownership documentation) just for clarity.

They'll see that at least one of you owns the home you're claiming to reside in (which is fine). I would probably make a notation on it that says something like: "Home owned prior to marriage."

Other than that, it sounds like you've prepared well.

Edited by Otto und Karin

Filed: Timeline

If it were me, I would include a copy of the deed (or similar ownership documentation) just for clarity.

They'll see that at least one of you owns the home you're claiming to reside in (which is fine). I would probably make a notation on it that says something like: "Home owned prior to marriage."

Other than that, it sounds like you've prepared well.

We are separated, I am getting ready to file for divorce from my usc husband..I have almost enough doc to show a good faith mariage ( it did not work because of husband's infidelity and girl pregant for him ). Anyway we did not have a joint account ( his credit his bad, car reposessed, bounced checks).I want to know if I can go to my bank and ask them to provide me a letter stating that I intend to open a joint account with him but we could not. Or can I just use his credit history to prove that.

Thank you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

We are separated, I am getting ready to file for divorce from my usc husband..I have almost enough doc to show a good faith mariage ( it did not work because of husband's infidelity and girl pregant for him ). Anyway we did not have a joint account ( his credit his bad, car reposessed, bounced checks).I want to know if I can go to my bank and ask them to provide me a letter stating that I intend to open a joint account with him but we could not. Or can I just use his credit history to prove that.

Thank you.

You're hi jacking someone else's thread :) If you have questions to ask it's generall better to start your own post, just a tip. Sure, you can go to the bank if you want....what are the chances they remember you coming in a couple years ago to open a bank account though (I'm assuming it wasn't recently). why couldn;t you open it at that time. Up tothem to decide whetehr they can provide the letter.

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

I am preparing the form I751 for ROC, my 90 days timeframe started on March 14th 2010.

I have only the following evidences ready,planning to send it this week so very tensed.

1.tax transcripts of 2007&2008 filed jointly(Q:2009 is not yet filed, will file this month end, i am confused ,should i wait to send the I751 for one more week or should i send it without the 2009 tax returns)

4. bank statement of our joint account(Q. since my hus use this account for his business transaction the mailing address on the bank statement is my husbands office address and not our house address, will it cause any problem)

5.medical insurance with the name of all of us,including my daughter and the new born

6.vehicle insurance with names of both of us(my car is shown as the vehicle for his office so no joint property)

10.cable TV bills with name of both of us but only for the last 4 months, previously it was only in his name

11.international calling arrangement with startec with both the names but only for last 4 months

14.photographs.

That is all , no joint property, no joint vehicle, and no joint utility bills. :crying: is that OK

Hi,

One person previously mentioned this idea and I liked it so here is the comment about the tax returns. If you haven't filed 2009 and would like to provide some evidence about it, you can include a copy of the W2s which should show your address on them, and you can include in your cover letter a comment that you are in the process of filing for your 2009 tax returns but haven't done that yet before filing your ROC application.

Another VJ member included a copy of their census form - do you still have it? Not sure if it will make a difference though.

You don't need to be tense about this since you are still married and you are still living with your spouse, and these are the two conditions that matter a lot.

good luck

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

thanku friends. i have one more doubt, may be silly but, i am confused whether i should put all the documents in a file and photos in a small album , if i dont't tie all the papers together there is a chance for missing documents, right?

Hi,

One person previously mentioned this idea and I liked it so here is the comment about the tax returns. If you haven't filed 2009 and would like to provide some evidence about it, you can include a copy of the W2s which should show your address on them, and you can include in your cover letter a comment that you are in the process of filing for your 2009 tax returns but haven't done that yet before filing your ROC application.

Another VJ member included a copy of their census form - do you still have it? Not sure if it will make a difference though.

You don't need to be tense about this since you are still married and you are still living with your spouse, and these are the two conditions that matter a lot.

good luck

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you.

I doubt a bank will take time to write a letter stating that you INTENDED to open an account but did not. Banks either do business with you or they don't. Unfortunately, intent doesn't do them any good. I will imagine a lot of people come in to inquire about opening accounts so they will have a hard time remembering you and your husband.

Did you guys have a lease for the apartment?

Utility bills in both or either names?

Copies of you driver's license showing same address?

Jointly filed taxes? or married filing seperately?

Junk mail addressed to each of you?

Look around the house and I'm sure you'll find stuff that could help.

• 2 weeks later...

You said that he owned the home, but did he add you to the home insurance policy?

Also, did you have joint car insurance policies?

I feel Good...........like the moon is shining just for me!

Eligible in November 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello kottayam - Have you filed already? I am doing ours as well and having question on the affidavit. Looks like you did not include that in your list or did you send some as well? Good luck...

14.photographs.

14.photographs.

Does one have to send multiple bills from the account or does one suffice?

~ 04/29/06 - The love story begins...

~ 06/08/06 - First met in person (Calgary, Alberta).

~ 12/30/06 - He gave her a shiny, pretty ring!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ K-1¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 05/10/07 - Sent evidence for I-129F/G-325A to NSC

~ 06/08/07 - NOA1 hard copy received!!!

~ 10/22/07 - NOA2 hard copy received!!!

~ 01/17/08 - Kyle's interview - he's approved!!!!!!!

~ 02/08/08 - Kyle enters the States via Washington.

~ 02/09/08 - Kyle arrives in Ohio. Together at last!!! :D

~ 03/07/08 - MARRIED!!!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ AOS/AP/EAD¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 05/10/08 - Mailed out AOS, EAD and AP papers.

~ 05/23/08 - NOAs received in mail.

~ 05/27/08 - Biometrics appointment letter received in mail.

~ 06/12/08 - Biometrics appointment.

~ 06/19/08 - RFE is issued for AOS. :(

~ 07/17/08 - Submitted requested evidence.

~ 07/30/08 - Case is transferred to CSC.

~ 08/22/08 - Receive Kyle's AP documents!!!

~ 08/23/08 - Receive Kyle's EAD card!!!

~ 09/25/08 - Receives green card!!!

*¨¨*:•.(¯`'•.¸ Removal of Conditions¸.•'´¯) .•:*¨¨*

~ 06/23/10 - Mailed away I-751 & evidence.

~ 06/25/10 - Packet was signed for in Laguna Niguel, CA.

~ 07/06/10 - Received NOA1!

~ 07/26/10 - Biometrics appointment letter received - 08/03/10

~ 09/02/10 - Biometrics retaken

~ 09/16/10 - Approved!

~ 09/21/10 - 10 year green card received!

I think one will suffice, but if you want to show history and longevity send them all!

One is not enough!!!

To USCIS - they can claim that all these accounts were open in the last month or two to provide 'fake' evidence.

This is what I did and I didn't get an RFE.

I moved once during the 2 years so most of the accounts were either terminated or transferred. So I did is as follows:

1. the accounts that were terminated: I included a copy of the first bill which had both of our names on it, then one in the middle and last one that showed that the account was closed - in each, we highlighted the accounts number and the names to indicate that both people were on the same account.

2. We followed these with new bills showing that the new accounts (at the new residence) have been established with joint ownership, and same thing, I included one in the middle and the most recent one prior to mailing the package.

3. For accounts that remained open/transferred (such as cellphone bills), we included in the same fashion but we showed that the accounts was only updated with the new address and the names remained on the account - once again, highlighting important details that we wanted the IO to pay attention to.

All this tells the IO that the accounts have been the same with joint ownership. If you established a new account recently, I will include that and show that it is a new account (let say something like you decided to get cable now) - but I will clearly mention it in the cover letter to show that we were not trying to cover up something.

hope this helps

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

One is not enough!!!

To USCIS - they can claim that all these accounts were open in the last month or two to provide 'fake' evidence.

This is what I did and I didn't get an RFE.

I moved once during the 2 years so most of the accounts were either terminated or transferred. So I did is as follows:

1. the accounts that were terminated: I included a copy of the first bill which had both of our names on it, then one in the middle and last one that showed that the account was closed - in each, we highlighted the accounts number and the names to indicate that both people were on the same account.

2. We followed these with new bills showing that the new accounts (at the new residence) have been established with joint ownership, and same thing, I included one in the middle and the most recent one prior to mailing the package.

3. For accounts that remained open/transferred (such as cellphone bills), we included in the same fashion but we showed that the accounts was only updated with the new address and the names remained on the account - once again, highlighting important details that we wanted the IO to pay attention to.

All this tells the IO that the accounts have been the same with joint ownership. If you established a new account recently, I will include that and show that it is a new account (let say something like you decided to get cable now) - but I will clearly mention it in the cover letter to show that we were not trying to cover up something.

hope this helps

Good Job! Thank you for correcting my statement. :blink:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.