Rebecca Jo

What is an accuracy rating?

17 posts in this topic

Our journey together on this earth has come to an end.

I will see you one day again, my love.

Shouldn't this be in the 'Rhetorical Question Forum?"

If you know where to point me to the answer, that would be more helpful.

So in other words, to state the 'accuracy rating' of a member is merely figurative?

It is not based on any sort of ranking or polling of members?

If that is the case, why would a moderator refer to in in an admonishment to a member?

Filed: Timeline

What troubles me (besides the pulled-out-of-his-poophole-95%-figure) is that the post was a moderating action *AND* personal opinion in the same post. Makes it seem like an "official" endorsement of the advice being handed out by a particular member.

And quite frankly, if pushbrk gets a pass in that thread for being rude, then why doesn't everyone else get a pass? If pushbrk's special form of nastiness is to be tolerated, then certainly calling him out as a "rodeo clown" should also be acceptable.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

It is a stupid, probably unnecessary response. If Pushbrk said soemthing against TOS, then pull the post and penalize Pushbrk. Otherwise nothing needs to be said by a moderator. It is not a moderator issue and there is no requirment that Pushbrks (or mine, or your) answers meet the "courtesy code" of every VJ member.

In my opinion, and i am not a moderator so I can say so, I would give Pushbrk a much higher than 95% accuracy rating. He has made some 15000 posts. You think you can find 750 of them where he is wrong?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

It is a stupid, probably unnecessary response. If Pushbrk said soemthing against TOS, then pull the post and penalize Pushbrk. Otherwise nothing needs to be said by a moderator. It is not a moderator issue and there is no requirment that Pushbrks (or mine, or your) answers meet the "courtesy code" of every VJ member.

In my opinion, and i am not a moderator so I can say so, I would give Pushbrk a much higher than 95% accuracy rating. He has made some 15000 posts. You think you can find 750 of them where he is wrong?

That is not the point, Gary. The point is the "accuracy rating" was referred to (by a Global Mod) as if it is some sort of statistic we can lay our hands on.

Since there is no such statistic,(and I'm not a moderator so I can say so) the comment IMO looks like some sort of officialdom pronouncement as to the credentials of a member.

Frankly, since there was no real reason to circle wagons around this member in the first place, it really just looks like unwarranted favoritism.

Interesting question, Johnny. I too was wondering what criteria were used in obtaining this rating, and indeed what my accuracy rating was.

Maybe we should go back and count all your inaccurate posts compared to your total....... :P

Maybe we should go back and count all your inaccurate posts compared to your total....... :P

I'm willing to admit to a less than 95% accuracy rating. I'm sure a lot of my posts about duvet availability in the US were totally wrong. ;)

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Timeline

Much as it pains me to say, Gary is right. :)

Unfortunately, what I see is pushbrk getting a pass for being a complete jackass, while other people get modded for "personal attacks" when they're only being as rude as pushbrk. Having said that, I don't think he gets the full pass from the entire moderating team. I've seen him tangle and lose with mods before. Sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly.

Being rude isn't a TOS violation, and as I've said before, I think it's even warranted sometimes. But being rude to somebody who's done nothing to deserve it, well that's just low class f*cktardism of the third order. Give as good as you get, I say, and hopefully he'll just get tired of it and crawl back under his rock.

I also think there's a pretty damn good argument to support the 95% "guess-that-I-pulled-out-of-my-poopy-place" being too high. I've seen rebeccajo put him in his place often enough to know that his stratospheric level of expertise is probably more exaggerated than the reality. The guy certainly knows his stuff, I'll give him that, but I don't think 750 "wrong" posts would be too much of a stretch. Anybody here who takes advice from a single source is setting themselves up for failure.

Except for the Off Topic postings I'm 100 percent, since I don't reply to anything I don't know about.

And we appreciate you and hope you understand how valuable that contribution is.

Much as it pains me to say, Gary is right. :)

Unfortunately, what I see is pushbrk getting a pass for being a complete jackass, while other people get modded for "personal attacks" when they're only being as rude as pushbrk. Having said that, I don't think he gets the full pass from the entire moderating team. I've seen him tangle and lose with mods before. Sometimes rightly, sometimes wrongly.

Being rude isn't a TOS violation, and as I've said before, I think it's even warranted sometimes. But being rude to somebody who's done nothing to deserve it, well that's just low class f*cktardism of the third order. Give as good as you get, I say, and hopefully he'll just get tired of it and crawl back under his rock.

I also think there's a pretty damn good argument to support the 95% "guess-that-I-pulled-out-of-my-poopy-place" being too high. I've seen rebeccajo put him in his place often enough to know that his stratospheric level of expertise is probably more exaggerated than the reality. The guy certainly knows his stuff, I'll give him that, but I don't think 750 "wrong" posts would be too much of a stretch. Anybody here who takes advice from a single source is setting themselves up for failure.

Point taken Mox. Yet no one is willing to fully analyze the available data points. I based my percentage call on an extrapolation of the given data, spanning several years.

At the end of the day, Moderators are supposed to be neutral on members. I made a mistake in projecting an accuracy percentage, althought the TOS violation was to another member and other information should not have been mentioned in this particular message.

This was an independent William33 projection only.

It ends here.

Edit to add: Accuracy.

Edited by William33