VetsWife328

N 600 Info please

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi

if anyone who reads this has filed for an N 600 for their foreign born Child PLEASE get in touch with me.

My son was born in Germany,his Birth never was registered at the US Consulate in Germany because I have never been married to his bio Dad and bio Dad refused to sign the Consulate Papers to register birth abroad because he would have also signed to financially support his child which of course (yeah I am being sarcastic) he didn't want to do.

So to cut it short, I came to the US with my son on a K1,K2 Visa in January last year.Both of us are now Conditional Residents since October 20,2009 and we filed for his N 600 Certificate of Citizenship

(because bio Dad is a US Citizen who full fills the residency requirments so since my son was born before 2/28/2001 -actually he was born 02/04/2001 ha ha he is a US Citizen by birth due to bio Dad's Citizenship) this March.

Now we moved and I called USCIS yesterday to change our Address and they told me that there is NO NoA 1 for the N 600 at all ??

Never heared of that as that would also mean that if I don't have any receipt from them I can't check the Case Status at all.

Anybody out there who has any idea about the N 600 Process ???? We filed at the Yakima WA sub office by the way.

Thanks

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Got engaged on Sep 15th,2006

Came to the US for good on Jan 27th,2009

and we got married on March 28th,2009

GOD , grant me the serenity

to accept the things I can not change

the courage to change the things I can

and the wisdom to know the difference!

Hi

if anyone who reads this has filed for an N 600 for their foreign born Child PLEASE get in touch with me.

My son was born in Germany,his Birth never was registered at the US Consulate in Germany because I have never been married to his bio Dad and bio Dad refused to sign the Consulate Papers to register birth abroad because he would have also signed to financially support his child which of course (yeah I am being sarcastic) he didn't want to do.

So to cut it short, I came to the US with my son on a K1,K2 Visa in January last year.Both of us are now Conditional Residents since October 20,2009 and we filed for his N 600 Certificate of Citizenship

(because bio Dad is a US Citizen who full fills the residency requirments so since my son was born before 2/28/2001 -actually he was born 02/04/2001 ha ha he is a US Citizen by birth due to bio Dad's Citizenship) this March.

Now we moved and I called USCIS yesterday to change our Address and they told me that there is NO NoA 1 for the N 600 at all ??

Never heared of that as that would also mean that if I don't have any receipt from them I can't check the Case Status at all.

Anybody out there who has any idea about the N 600 Process ???? We filed at the Yakima WA sub office by the way.

Thanks

Nat

Have you consulted anyone regarding your son's citizenship? The fact that your son's biological father was a USC at the time of his birth, and that he fulfilled the residency requirements does not automatically confer USC to your son. In order to pass citizenship, the biological father must also (a) agree in writing to provide financial support until your son is 18, and (2) your son must be legitimated or paternity is acknowledged in writing under oath or paternity is established by a court by adjudication. Can you clarify if these requirements have been met?

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

Timeline

Have you consulted anyone regarding your son's citizenship? The fact that your son's biological father was a USC at the time of his birth, and that he fulfilled the residency requirements does not automatically confer USC to your son. In order to pass citizenship, the biological father must also (a) agree in writing to provide financial support until your son is 18, and (2) your son must be legitimated or paternity is acknowledged in writing under oath or paternity is established by a court by adjudication. Can you clarify if these requirements have been met?

http://travel.state.gov/law/info/info_609.html

Yes seeing that we have a case against the bio father with the WA Division of Child Support and that I have Court Papers that establish Paternity AND Child Support.

Also we had an Info Pass appointment at the Seattle USCIS Office and we were told that as long as we can provide a copy of the Court Papers,the bio father's Birth Certificate,proof of him being obligated to financially support the child and a case against him to enforce this pending, plus an Affidavit from someone who states under oath that the bio father has fullfilled the residency requirements we should be fine.

I have the Court Papers,proof from the WA Child Support Enforcement Officer that the case is pending and the Court Papers are valid and accepted,his father (my son's bio Grandfather ) sent me a Birth Certificate and the sworn and notorized Affidavit regarding the bio father's residency in the USA.

Trust me I don't have too much money . Filing the N 600 is not cheap and that's why we had an Info Pass to check WHAT we need to file.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Yes seeing that we have a case against the bio father with the WA Division of Child Support and that I have Court Papers that establish Paternity AND Child Support.

Also we had an Info Pass appointment at the Seattle USCIS Office and we were told that as long as we can provide a copy of the Court Papers,the bio father's Birth Certificate,proof of him being obligated to financially support the child and a case against him to enforce this pending, plus an Affidavit from someone who states under oath that the bio father has fullfilled the residency requirements we should be fine.

I have the Court Papers,proof from the WA Child Support Enforcement Officer that the case is pending and the Court Papers are valid and accepted,his father (my son's bio Grandfather ) sent me a Birth Certificate and the sworn and notorized Affidavit regarding the bio father's residency in the USA.

Trust me I don't have too much money . Filing the N 600 is not cheap and that's why we had an Info Pass to check WHAT we need to file.

Nat

Okay, if I understand correctly the court has already entered orders regarding paternity and child support but bio father isn't complying correct? If so, you should be fine. When did you file the N-600? Sometimes it takes USCIS a while to come around and enter the filing on their system. If it has been more than 45 days, you might have to schedule another InfoPass and bring proof of mailing, and proof that your check has been cashed. If you mailed a personal check, you might want to check it if the receipt number is printed in the back. Hope your wait isn't too long.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Zimbabwe
Timeline

I filed for a n600 for my son last week,I am a zimbabwean born and so is my son, however his biolodgical mother is a Us citizen ,so we filed here in Kansas and the officer told us all looks good and we should be complete with his citerzinship within 3 months.

Once he is approved he will get a certificate of citerzinship which will allow him to get a passport.

Me on the other hand i am filing for n400 and i am to the point were i have to go for biometrics.

Timeline

Did you get a Noa1 or a receipt number or ANYTHING LIKE THAT ?I was told on the phone that there is no NOA 1 for an N 600......Little confused here.

I mean heck it's been almost 2 weeks and I haven't heared anything.

Nat

Met on May 17,2005

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.