lilacvioletiris

K-1 May interviews Montreal !!!!

227 posts in this topic

Yeah... I hope it is painless for me too. Matt wasnt sure he was going to be there for the interview, but Im not giving him a choice! ;) He is great in that sort of situations whereas I get super nervous and frazzled. I hope they ask him all the questions! Hearing about kevbev's story makes me nervous too... you just never know.

You must have seen where I said this: "I'm sure if Kevin had been with me he'd have talked the guy into approving the visa on the spot. NO ONE wins an argument with my man! Once we get married I'm getting him the dang waiver and never going anywhere without him again.. lol." :P

Sigh.. I miss him so much.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You must have seen where I said this: "I'm sure if Kevin had been with me he'd have talked the guy into approving the visa on the spot. NO ONE wins an argument with my man! Once we get married I'm getting him the dang waiver and never going anywhere without him again.. lol." tongue.gif

Sigh.. I miss him so much.

Yes! lol I have actually quoted you to him! laughing.gif

Im sure it really sucks right now and Id be depressed too, but once you guys are finally together again, that extra wait wont matter anymore.

AoS Process

AoS/EAD/AP file sent: 2011-02-16

Received: 2011-02-17

NOA: 2011-02-22

Touched: 2011-02-24

Hard copy NOAs received : 2011-02-28

Biometrics letter received: 2011-02-28

Biometrics appt: 2011-03-17

EAD & AP approved: 2011-04-28

AOS appt: 2011-05-12 (notice sent April 6) APPROVED :)

event.png

Timeline

i think if both can attend there is no better proof of your relationship than the person being there. Like i mentioned before they asked him more questions than me.

No one has heard from Jennie yet?

Bev, i have seen people call their congressperson and things seem to move much faster. If i were you i'd call the DOS this week and if they tell you the same thing I'd be calling the congressperson.

Timeline

i think if both can attend there is no better proof of your relationship than the person being there. Like i mentioned before they asked him more questions than me.

No one has heard from Jennie yet?

Bev, i have seen people call their congressperson and things seem to move much faster. If i were you i'd call the DOS this week and if they tell you the same thing I'd be calling the congressperson.

That's what I think too. And Matt has dealt with border officials with me before and it helped. I think he exhudes honesty!

I was curious about Jennie and saw she posted a question in the AOS forum mentioning she was moving to michigan in a few days... So I guess she was approved.

AoS Process

event.png

Timeline

When Jay flew into MTL i was hoping he'd get hassled a little ( is that wrong of me?) I think i have only gone through once where they didnt make me want to cry. As soon as he mentioned he was going to the US consulate the conversation was over. I'm just hoping my POE goes smoothly, i'm a big baby and dont take border crossing well. LOL.

Well, that is good to hear on Jennie. She said they have a ticket for the 30th of May i think.

Is there anybody who went to their interview alone? (without their fiancé/fiancée)?? I'm going alone, my fiancé can't come with me for this one, it's a little bit stressful :wacko:

01/12/2011: GreenCard approved!!!!

Green card expiration date: 01/05/2013
Sent ROC package to VSC: 11/16/2012
NOA1: 11/20/2012

Approval: 04/29/2013!!!!

event.png

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Is there anybody who went to their interview alone? (without their fiancé/fiancée)?? I'm going alone, my fiancé can't come with me for this one, it's a little bit stressful :wacko:

I believe corcor, KevBev09, and Supportgeek all went to their interviews alone.

But I dont think it would be right. Not everybody is on VJ or stalking the DOS website. It isnt even on the Montreal consulate website.

I was thinking this too, there is no notice of a fee increase on the consular websites, and they always post the increases beforehand.

Timeline

When Jay flew into MTL i was hoping he'd get hassled a little ( is that wrong of me?) I think i have only gone through once where they didnt make me want to cry. As soon as he mentioned he was going to the US consulate the conversation was over. I'm just hoping my POE goes smoothly, i'm a big baby and dont take border crossing well. LOL.

Well, that is good to hear on Jennie. She said they have a ticket for the 30th of May i think.

I hope the POE goes well for you and me both! (providing I get approved first of course).

I always feel super nervous even though I shouldnt have any reason to.

Yeah... I got harassed at the border before and it's no fun. When I got denied entry, they frisked me and threatened to put me in jail for the night if I missed my flight home, and I was glad Matt was there to hear it, in some weird way. lol Kind of for him to see I wasnt exagerating when I was saying they made me feel like a criminal. He got hassled a little bit the first time he came to Montreal, but nothing that bad.

AoS Process

event.png

So when are your POE's scheduled and weddings planned? It will be interesting to see how many of us go through AOS together. Do I have the information straight that I pulled from this topic or your timelines? Thankfully we got our interviews before the visa fee increase. Just saw a posting about that in the K-1 forum.

Lilacvioletiris May 3 - Approved! (POE planned July 1, Wedding planned July 11)

jasonandsarah May 4 - Approved!

corcor May 7 - Approved! (POE May, wedding May 23)

WF & TS May 7 - Approved!

Arcadia May 11 - Approved!

Kevbev09 May 12 - Administrative Processing

Frenzyheart May 17th - Approved! (POE planned Aug. 22, wedding planned 10/10/10)

Jay & Beverley (aka Bevie) May 19th - Approved! (POE June 5, wedding planned June 28)

jennie1921 May 19th - unknown

Supportgeek May 20th - Approved!

Mine is actually being switched! We'll be doing POE on August 12th, instead of the 22nd, but still getting married on 10/10. :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Visa in hand! We got the package from Montreal today! :)

- Tiffanney & Matthew -

K1 VISA: 09/11/09 - 08/10/10

MARRIED: 10/10/10
AOS/EAD/AP: 02/22/11 - 05/04/11

ROC
04/04/13: Mailed off!

04/09/13: NOA1

Timeline

My passport is waiting for me at the post office. I just got the email a little while ago saying they tried to deliver it. I'll go pick it up tomorrow!!

Less than a week and there was a holiday in there!

Edited by bevie

Well I still have no clue where mine is. Called DoS today, still no news, I got the canned "wait 60 days" response. I just emailed Montreal and asked for updates. I wanna be enjoying this "summer" not sitting around worrying all the time.

AoS Timeline

08/26/10 Visa received

08/27/10 PoE Rainbow Bridge, Niagara Falls

09/10/10 Married!

10/14/10 AoS, AP and EAD apps mailed

10/26/10 Received NoAs for all 3

11/16/10 Biometrics appt

11/24/10 RFE on AoS, missing tax forms

11/29/10 Received RFE in mail, sent back forms

01/05/11 Received interview letter in mail

02/03/11 AoS Interview -- APPROVED!!

02/12/11 Green card in mail!

Removal of conditions will be Nov 2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.