Nina~

Aussie teens attack tourist

18 posts in this topic

SYDNEY – Two Australian teenagers have been charged in a brutal attack in a Sydney train station on a Canadian tourist in a wheelchair.

The 35-year-old man was attacked in an elevator at the Mount Druitt station on Tuesday night in an apparent robbery attempt. Police said he was punched in the face, kicked and struck repeatedly on the head with a metal bar ripped off the wheelchair, causing a skull wound and cuts.

The attack lasted three to five minutes and was captured on security video.

The teenagers, aged 15 and 16, were denied bail and charged Wednesday with assault and robbery. Their names were not released because they are minors.

Superintendent Wayne Cox from Mount Druitt police said the boys returned a few times to the fallen man to continue beating him.

"It's probably one of the most serious attacks that I've seen," he said.

The victim is in Australia visiting his girlfriend, Kristin Sharrock.

"He's a wonderful, kind, generous individual," she told reporters. "He's been through a lot in his life and he doesn't deserve what's happened to him."

The man, who wishes to remain unidentified, was involved a snowmobile accident in Canada about 10 years ago.

"It's a cowardly, horrendous, horrific thing that they've done," Sharrock said.

Link

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

World War V: Spooky vs. BY

coming to a thread near you......

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

WW V was years ago, noob!

You are mean, AJ. Can't you see he's here posting every single day so that he will have hearts and not be called a noob?

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
WW V was years ago, noob!

well, you could at least educate us noobs on what war we are on!

nfrsig.jpg

The Great Canadian to Texas Transfer Timeline:

2/22/2010 - I-129F Packet Mailed

2/24/2010 - Packet Delivered to VSC

2/26/2010 - VSC Cashed Filing Fee

3/04/2010 - NOA1 Received!

8/14/2010 - Touched!

10/04/2010 - NOA2 Received!

10/25/2010 - Packet 3 Received!

02/07/2011 - Medical!

03/15/2011 - Interview in Montreal! - Approved!!!

Old news, it's already posted..

Speaking of crazies from Houston, where are all of the nutty posts?

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Why did Bill change his display name? Did he write the reason already? Natty changed his profile but not his display name.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

That's what Aussies do - they attack people.

violent-crime.jpg

"I believe in the power of the free market, but a free market was never meant to

be a free license to take whatever you can get, however you can get it." President Obama

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

http://www.startribune.com/local/stpaul/87...D3aPc:_Yyc:aUUr

Minneapolis schools lockdown ends

Minneapolis police found no danger to students as federal authorities joined the inquiry.

By EMILY JOHNS and MATT McKINNEY, Star Tribune staff writers

More than 24 hours after it began, Minneapolis' school lockdown ended Thursday after police determined there was no threat to the city's 32,000 students.

The Minneapolis threat was telephoned about 7:30 a.m. Wednesday to the city's 311 information line. The caller said that someone had warned on a social networking site that "a male will be coming to a Minneapolis school, shoot up the school and then shoot himself," said Minneapolis police spokesman Sgt. Jesse Garcia.

School officials imposed a Code Yellow, locking outside doors and taking other security precautions at all 60 of the district's schools.

Meanwhile, Minneapolis and St. Paul police worked together on an investigation because a similar threat caused a lockdown at St. Paul's Cretin-Derham Hall on Wednesday. Though the Minneapolis lockdown continued into Thursday, school officials lifted it after police determined that harm to students was unlikely.

"We do not believe there is means for the person who likely posted this to carry out the threat," said St. Paul Police spokesman Sgt. Paul Schnell.

Police learned that the Minneapolis and Cretin-Derham Hall threats were made from a computer in Australia. The Cretin-Derham threat was first noticed by a good Samaritan in the Netherlands, who contacted St. Paul school officials, Schnell said.

Minneapolis school officials said that instruction proceeded as usual during the lockdown. Though school officials didn't have attendance numbers Thursday, a spokesperson said reports indicated there weren't an unusual number of absences.

Police said the investigation would continue with help from federal and international authorities.

"We want to know who did it, why they did it and to make sure it won't happen again," Schnell said. "The reality of the world is that we are dealing with people engaged in criminal behavior sitting behind a keyboard."

Staff writer Mary Lynn Smith contributed to this report.

CR-1 Visa

I-130 Sent : 2006-08-30

I-130 NOA1 : 2006-09-12

I-130 Approved : 2007-01-17

NVC Received : 2007-02-05

Consulate Received : 2007-06-09

Interview Date : 2007-08-16 Case sent back to USCIS

NOA case received by CSC: 2007-12-19

Receive NOIR: 2009-05-04

Sent Rebuttal: 2009-05-19

NOA rebuttal entered: 2009-06-05

Case sent back to NVC for processing: 2009-08-27

Consulate sends DS-230: 2009-11-23

Interview: 2010-02-05 result Green sheet for updated I864 and photos submit 2010-03-05

APPROVED visa pick up 2010-03-12

POE: 2010-04-20 =)

GC received: 2010-05-05

Processing

Estimates/Stats : Your I-130 was approved in 140 days.

It's sure as hell better than shooting a school up. Once they find this teen, it will be a nice visit to the courtroom.