che08

on a k1/need another medical?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

hi guys, we filed my AOS about three weeks ago and couple days ago we got a request for initial evidence. they want my 2053 or I-693. i dont have the 2053 however i do have the 3025 which is the vaccination record. we forgot to include it when we sent in the papers. now that they are asking me for the forms, i am so confused. it says i dont need to have another medical examination because i am on a k1 and my last medical examination was just last october 2009 so apparently we are filing within a year so no need for another medical exam. i know i have to fill out some part of the I-693 and have the surgeon certiry the forms but when i called the surgeon they want me to have another physical examination which will cost me $125. i think that is a lot for something i do not need anyway. i havent seen the doctor yet, my appointment is not until monday with him. i am trying to get away from this. all i need is his sign right? anyone had the same situation? btw, i am in tracy, california. i hope to hear from you people soon. i'll appreciate all the response.

You can make the case with the CS about doing another exam (take in the instructions for the 693, they spell out the rules of doing it within one year. You will need to show proof of this)

We had a similar discussion with our CS - but they relented and filled out the vaccination part only (She needed another shot, which we did).

If they will not do it - then you might just want to do it again, to expedite your process.

My Advice is usually based on "Worst Case Scenario" and what is written in the rules/laws/instructions. That is the way I roll... -Protect your Status - file before your I-94 expires.

WARNING: Phrases in this post may sound meaner than they were intended to be. Read the Adjudicator's Field Manual from USCIS

You can make the case with the CS about doing another exam (take in the instructions for the 693, they spell out the rules of doing it within one year. You will need to show proof of this)

We had a similar discussion with our CS - but they relented and filled out the vaccination part only (She needed another shot, which we did).

If they will not do it - then you might just want to do it again, to expedite your process.

i have the proof of my vaccination record. not the whole medical exam because the hospital back home forwarded it to us embassy so i dont have any copy at all. so for the I-693 i only have to submit part 1 for information about me, part 2 which is the vaccination record and the last page which is the doctor's sign. is that right? i hope when i finally talk to the doctor on monday he'll understand it more and not have me do all the physical exam again! thanks for the quick reply.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
i have the proof of my vaccination record. not the whole medical exam because the hospital back home forwarded it to us embassy so i dont have any copy at all. so for the I-693 i only have to submit part 1 for information about me, part 2 which is the vaccination record and the last page which is the doctor's sign. is that right? i hope when i finally talk to the doctor on monday he'll understand it more and not have me do all the physical exam again! thanks for the quick reply.

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Sorry.. it wouldn't let me edit.

Those pages you mentioned were the ones I had the CS filled. Tho, I have to have a blood test because she wanted to make sure that I still have those immunities. If you can bargain and convince them that your vaccines are complete then that would be great. Make sure you bring the instructions along with you.

Goodluck!

thCat_Dancing.gif

12.15.2009 - Mailed out AOS

12.29.2009 - NOAs Received-hard copies

01.02.2010 - Biometrics appt. r'cved for Jan.19,2010

01.15.2010 - Walk in Biometrics - DONE

02.03.2010 - Case Transfered to CSC

02.16.2010 - I-765 approved. card production ordered

02.24.2010 - Employment Authorization Card arrived today!

03.05.2010 - I-485 APPROVED, "Notice mailed welcoming the new permanent resident"

03.11.2010 - "Welcome to the US of A" letter arrived

03.12.2010 - PR Card arrived

Dec. 5, 2011 (Monday) - Is the date when I can apply for Removal of Conditions

Sorry.. it wouldn't let me edit.

Those pages you mentioned were the ones I had the CS filled. Tho, I have to have a blood test because she wanted to make sure that I still have those immunities. If you can bargain and convince them that your vaccines are complete then that would be great. Make sure you bring the instructions along with you.

Goodluck!

okay thanks :)

hi guys, we filed my AOS about three weeks ago and couple days ago we got a request for initial evidence. they want my 2053 or I-693. i dont have the 2053 however i do have the 3025 which is the vaccination record. we forgot to include it when we sent in the papers. now that they are asking me for the forms, i am so confused. it says i dont need to have another medical examination because i am on a k1 and my last medical examination was just last october 2009 so apparently we are filing within a year so no need for another medical exam. i know i have to fill out some part of the I-693 and have the surgeon certiry the forms but when i called the surgeon they want me to have another physical examination which will cost me $125. i think that is a lot for something i do not need anyway. i havent seen the doctor yet, my appointment is not until monday with him. i am trying to get away from this. all i need is his sign right? anyone had the same situation? btw, i am in tracy, california. i hope to hear from you people soon. i'll appreciate all the response.

So... I went through this same thing. The RFE reads that they need a properly completed medical exam from overseas. Is that right? They may not have seen your medical exam in your file. Either they could have lost it or they did not look for it. The DS 2053 and I-693 are the whole medical examination. The 2053 is the form that the panel physicians filled out and the US equilavent is the I693. Except when they are asking for portions of the I-693 (parts 1,2 and 5) to be filled then they are asking for the trascriptions of the vaccinations from the CS. IMO, you get the transcription done by the CS. Call around if you can not convince the original CS to just do the Vaccination portion of the I 693. Then you need to write a letter to send in with the vaccination transcription and the original RFE letter informing them that you had the full medical exam as required by the US goverment to get a KI visa for entry to the US and that it is valid. Make it as detail as you can with dates, where it was performed, reciepts and even send in the 3025 because it has the name (signature) of the physcian who performed your medical exam.

I did just what I suggested to you.... and my case was transferred to CSC a couple of days ago.

If you do not want to chance a denial because they could not find your medical exam, you could just get another medical.

Good Luck :thumbs:

01.09.10 Married

02.01.10 - AOS/EAD/AP sent to Chicago! (day 1)

02.02.10 - Delivered to Chicago per USPS delivery confirmation/signature @ 11:30a

02.10.10 - Check cashed (day 9)

02.12.10 - Recieved NOA in the mail for AOS, EAD, AP (dated 2/8/10: Day 1)

02.16.10- Biometrics appointment for 3.4.10 (dated 2.11.10)

02.18.10 - Early biometrics! walk-in (day 10)

02.22.10 - RFE for Medical (dated 2.18.10)

02.23.10 - Infopass (not helpful)

02.26.10 - Sent reply to RFE for I 693 to Lee's Summit and sent letter to senator (day 18)

03.01.10 - Delivery confirmation for RFE by Lee's summit and senator

03.04.10 - Status update: Case has resumed; letter from senator stating case is with adjunctor(day 24 )

03.08.10 - AOS application transferred to CALIFORNIA SERVICE CENTER... No updates on EAD or AP (day 28)

03.13.10 - touch on 485/ 3.15.10 - touch on 485/ 3.16.10 - touch on 485/ 3.17.10 - touch on 485!!! (day 37)

03.29.10 - Day 49 from notice date of NOA.... day 58 from filing

04.06.10 - AP approved and EAD card production ordered!!! (Day 56)

04.08.10 - touch on AP...... 04.09.10- touch on EAD (second card production notice) and AOS

04.10.10 - AP arrived in the mail

04.13.10 - EAD approval notice online and card in the mail

07.10.10 - A TOUCH!!! (on AOS)

08.06.10 - Another touch

08.17.10- AOS approved!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! We went through the exact same thing...It will be hard to find a CS that would just do the vacinnation part although the whole USCIS instructions say that you only need PART I, the VACCINATION PART and Part 5 which is the CS's signature....The CS have a thing against that part 5 stating that they are the ones who did the medical exams that is why they won't just do the vaccination part and sign the whole I-693. We wasted our time looking for a civil surgeon and prolonged the process....So if you want your AOS expedited just do another medical exam but you have to spend again..They say you can find a CS that would do just that part but heck it is like finding a needle in the haystack.

SO good luck!

[

src9sTb0hKg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You don't actually need the I-693, at least we didn't. We got the same RFE and we just RE-sent the 3025 vaccination supplement and sent the page on the instructions where it says that the I-693 isn't required for K-1s who had a medical less than a year ago. I highlighted that part of the instructions so they wouldn't miss it.

We met in October 2007 and our immigration journey started in July 2008 when we filed for the I-129F Fiance Visa petition. 

~05/16/2009~ MARRIED!!!!

~08/31/2011~ OUR SON WAS BORN!!!!

~02/17/2012~ Mailed I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions of Residency to Vermont Service Center

~03/19/2012~ ASC Biometrics Appointment

~11/05/2012~ Production of 10-year GC ordered

~7/1/2014~ Our son's first trip to Morocco

~03/17/2018~ Filed N-400

~04/09/2018~ Biometrics

~6/13/2018~ Off to Morocco, my parents in tow!

~10/23/2018~ Interview, approved

~11/7/2018~ Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.