Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  


3 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

what i don't understand in regards to the guidelines i am now reading in the AOS section is that i will need to submit 13. I-693, Medical Examination of Aliens Seeking Adjustment of Status. (If you already have this from your overseas Visa Interview submit a copy that medical check form; No fee is required in this case. If you are a K-1 fiancé(e) or K-2 dependent who had a medical examination within the past year as required for the nonimmigrant fiancé(e) visa, you only need to submit a vaccination supplement (I-693A), not the entire medical report. You may include the vaccination supplement with your adjustment of status application.)

but i don't have a medical examination, so i am now wondering if the medical result that i gave to the DHS when i came in at miami will they mail those stuff to my fiancee?

Remove Condition

Oct-04-2008 filed I-751

Oct-20-2008 NOA from VSC of I-751

Nov-11-2008 Received date for biometric for

Mar-10-2009 Transfered to CSC

May-27-2009 Green Card approved

File Citizenship {N-400}

Nov-14-2009 Mailed N-400 application

Nov-24-2009 Check cashed

Nov-27-2009 Rec'd NOA in mail, dated 11/23/2009

Jan-04-2010 Rec'd Interview date in mail

Feb-02-2010 Interview date

Apr-21-2010 Oath Ceremony

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

You would get the answer in the AOS forum, but I will also offer it here.

If you arrive in the US as a K-1, you will already have completed your medical examination. Your doctor usually - but not always - gives you a copy of the vaccination worksheet. If you didn't get this, then do your best to bring all of the documentation you have about your immunizations because you will need them in the US. You had your package of materials given to you at your interview to the border officials, still sealed. It contains your medical examination.

You are required to get married within 90 days and it is also the best idea to apply for your Adjustment of Status (AOS) immediately afterwards. Once you apply your status changes to 'Adjustment applicant". The form that you use is for everyone who is adjustment status, not just K-1s. Since you will have already had a medical examination within the year, you don't need to send another one. They already have it. You will need to send an additional medical report that you can only get in the US from a recognized civil surgeon - a vaccination supplement. There is a list of civil surgeons on the USCIS website. Find one in your area and call them for and ask them if they will do the vaccination supplement. A lot may try to talk you into redoing the whole medical - you don't need that (unless, of course, you receive an RFE from immigration asking for one, in which case you do get 2nd one). The civil surgeon will transfer the information from the worksheet you received - or your own personal records showing your immunization history if you didn't get a worksheet - on a form they have in their office. They will return it to you in a sealed envelope. Ask for a copy for yourself too:-). You include this sealed envelope with your AOS application. If you need to get some of the vaccinations you can also do them at the civil surgeons, but it is best - and usually cheaper - to try and get those done before you arrive in the US. Not all of the vaccines, however, are available in all countries so you may have to get one or two in the US.

Don't hesitate to phone around to different civil surgeons in your area to get the best price. They vary considerably from $10 to over $100 to just fill out the form.

Hope this helps.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables


Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites
Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
- Back to Top -

Important Disclaimer: Please read carefully the Visajourney.com Terms of Service. If you do not agree to the Terms of Service you should not access or view any page (including this page) on VisaJourney.com. Answers and comments provided on Visajourney.com Forums are general information, and are not intended to substitute for informed professional medical, psychiatric, psychological, tax, legal, investment, accounting, or other professional advice. Visajourney.com does not endorse, and expressly disclaims liability for any product, manufacturer, distributor, service or service provider mentioned or any opinion expressed in answers or comments. VisaJourney.com does not condone immigration fraud in any way, shape or manner. VisaJourney.com recommends that if any member or user knows directly of someone involved in fraudulent or illegal activity, that they report such activity directly to the Department of Homeland Security, Immigration and Customs Enforcement. You can contact ICE via email at Immigration.Reply@dhs.gov or you can telephone ICE at 1-866-347-2423. All reported threads/posts containing reference to immigration fraud or illegal activities will be removed from this board. If you feel that you have found inappropriate content, please let us know by contacting us here with a url link to that content. Thank you.
  • Create New...