DAISYNELSON

PLEASE HELP I AM VERY CONFUSED AND SCARED ABOUT 751

16 posts in this topic

I sent in my I-751 “removal of conditions” in June of 2009,

approximately 40 days before my temporary green card was set to

expire. In November, I received a request for evidence. I sent in

more evidence in December (before the deadline) and got back the proof

of receipt a week later. The letter mentioned that within 60 days we

should get receive some notice, but nothing came.

At the infopass appointment this week we were told that the local

office had only received the file last week and that we were slated to

be invited for an interview. This interview will "probably" take place

April or May, according to the lady behind the counter, even though

she really didn’t know anything concrete. . .

Can anyone on this fantastic forum help me with the following questions?

1. Why do they want an interview, after we have already sent in

information twice? I don't know what else to give I gave everything listed here on the forum possible.

2. I wanted to apply for a re-entry permit 131 so I can travel to my family but

the InfoPass lady said it will not be valid anyway if I my 751 is denied.

3. Can we initiate a naturalization procedure while we are still in

this I-751 procedure? I am married now for 3 years and I love America so much I give my hard work every day.

Any advice would be much appreciated. The infopass woman was very harsh and I have been crying this afternoon

because I am so scared. I love my husband and my marriage and worry about my green card so much.

I wish I can afford a lawyer but for 4 years this FORUM has been my salvation. :-) Thank you to everybody because I

have come this far with all I read from here.

Filed: Timeline

information twice? I don't know what else to give I gave everything listed here on the forum possible.

this I-751 procedure? I am married now for 3 years and I love America so much I give my hard work every day.

Any advice would be much appreciated. The infopass woman was very harsh and I have been crying this afternoon

because I am so scared. I love my husband and my marriage and worry about my green card so much.

I wish I can afford a lawyer but for 4 years this FORUM has been my salvation. :-) Thank you to everybody because I

1. Interviews happen on a random basis, or when there might be some questions that require a personal appearance.

3. You have to be a permanent resident for three years before you can apply for citizenship, not just married for three years. Three years from the approval date of your adjustment of status.

Good luck

Two reasons I can think if;

1) They feel theres a reason to or

2) You're selected randomly (this seems to be the normal method).

Perhaps the person meant 'they'll get to you maybe in April/May.' If she knew for sure, you'd probably also know too. You're still married, living together happily right? Should be nothing to worry about.

Well I guess technically she's right but you haven't said anything to indicate your ROC would be denied. You also technically don't need a Travel Document for short duration travel (as opposed to long-term/extended visits) since your NOA1 says your PR/Green Card status has been extended by 1-year. You did receive this correct?

I believe you can yes - YOU can not since you've only been a resident for around 2 years now - it is 'married since becoming a resident' that they go by.

I wish I can afford a lawyer but for 4 years this FORUM has been my salvation. :-)

You haven't described anything so far to indicate you'd need a lawyer - what was the RFE for originally?

Here is the thing. If you are still married and your marriage is in good-faith, then there is no reason for you to worry. Although that infopass lady said you have an interview lined up, but they rarely make a good guess. Sometimes, when you send in additional evidence, then most of the time they send you an approval decision. Many people have been approved even though their marriage fell apart so I think you are in a good standing position. If you do go to an interview, a lot of times they are selected randomly to satisfy some statistics.

To answer your other questions, if you have a valid passport, then you don't need a travel document since they will approve it for the length of your greencard (which is a year extended from your 2 year expiration which based on your input is sometime in July of this year) Are you planning on traveling for more than 6 months? this is when you need it.

As for the naturalization, if you meet the 3 year residency requirement (minus 90 days) then you can go ahead and apply.

One suggestion, which I really recommend is to contact your congressman and ask him/her to get involved. One VJer posted his steps here about contacting his congressman twice and both times he came through and got his application approved.

I need to look for it but this happened in the last two or three days....

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Here is the thing. If you are still married and your marriage is in good-faith, then there is no reason for you to worry. Although that infopass lady said you have an interview lined up, but they rarely make a good guess. Sometimes, when you send in additional evidence, then most of the time they send you an approval decision. Many people have been approved even though their marriage fell apart so I think you are in a good standing position. If you do go to an interview, a lot of times they are selected randomly to satisfy some statistics.

To answer your other questions, if you have a valid passport, then you don't need a travel document since they will approve it for the length of your greencard (which is a year extended from your 2 year expiration which based on your input is sometime in July of this year) Are you planning on traveling for more than 6 months? this is when you need it.

As for the naturalization, if you meet the 3 year residency requirement (minus 90 days) then you can go ahead and apply.

One suggestion, which I really recommend is to contact your congressman and ask him/her to get involved. One VJer posted his steps here about contacting his congressman twice and both times he came through and got his application approved.

I found the link that I put together for someone else....

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...t&p=3756808

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

V333k - Are you saying that after 3 years of being a permanent resident I can go ahead and apply for naturalization even if my ROC is still pending.......

So as soon as 3 years are up I can leave my I751 still in 'initial review' and go ahead with naturalization.....

How does that work??? How can they process that when they are not even sure if they want me here!!!!! Please advise...

V333k - Are you saying that after 3 years of being a permanent resident I can go ahead and apply for naturalization even if my ROC is still pending.......

So as soon as 3 years are up I can leave my I751 still in 'initial review' and go ahead with naturalization.....

How does that work??? How can they process that when they are not even sure if they want me here!!!!! Please advise...

You are eligible to file for Naturalization 2 years and 9 months from the day you were granted perm resident status ( in case of marriage based petitions which is all us here ) , and yes you can file for N400 even when 751 is pending , it has been observed that filing for n400 with 751 forces an adjudication of 751 , because at the time of filing n400 and the interview process you are still required to show documents and proof that you are married to the same US citizen through whom you got yiur initial GC

Hope this helps

Yes, the n400 will result in adjudication of the I-751. Will you consider contacting your congressman as I pointed out eariler?

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Yes, the n400 will result in adjudication of the I-751. Will you consider contacting your congressman as I pointed out eariler?

I think I will wait for 6 months before I do an info pass or contact him....dont you think so?

Its too early to act desperate....after the stipulated 6 months atleast I have a valid excuse...

You are eligible to file for Naturalization 2 years and 9 months from the day you were granted perm resident status ( in case of marriage based petitions which is all us here ) , and yes you can file for N400 even when 751 is pending , it has been observed that filing for n400 with 751 forces an adjudication of 751 , because at the time of filing n400 and the interview process you are still required to show documents and proof that you are married to the same US citizen through whom you got yiur initial GC

Hope this helps

Thank you...

Hi,

I will only repeat what some other people have said, You cannot apply for Citizenship now as you would need to have your Green Card for 3yrs, not marriage, and even if you did have your GC for 3 yrs, the citizenship application will be held until a decesion is made about your removal of conditions.

The most important thing to remember is that you cannot control anything about the rest of the stuff, all you can do is wait and see. I went through this process a couple of years back, and i know people who are going through it now, and it seems like they have gotten much harder on people.

Back in my time, it took them over a year to respond, but they approved me, and most people who got called in for interviews were chosen by random.

Just remember this. Don't do wrong = don't worry.

Best of luck

On this point "I wish I can afford a lawyer but for 4 years this FORUM has been my salvation. :-) Thank you to everybody because I

have come this far with all I read from here. "

I could not agree more, I did not use a lawyer, I got all my info and support through this Forum, it's awesome.

Filed: Timeline

1. An interview is sometimes needed for quality control, it doesn't mean that u have a bad file.

2. As long as you have a pending application you can travel. Some 751 take 2 years, it doesn't mean no travel for 2 years.

3. Yes you can as soon as ur eligible.

Your love for America or your hard work are not factors that will remove conditions. Its your good faith marriage that counts.

I don't want to repeat myself here. Other people explained situations very well above.

Adjudication Officer @ VSC usually calls for an interview if He/She is not satisfied with your RFE.

Don't be panic, just go to the interview with a lot of supporting documents happened in the last 2 years after your CGC was approved.

Good Luck !.....

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Filed: Other Timeline

Why exactly are you worried about the interview? Is there even a reason for you to be worried about?

Understand this: there are two requirements in order to successfully remove conditions:

1) you have to be still married to your huscand

2) you need to live together (as opposed to being separated)

If you meet these two requirements, your approval is guaranteed.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

MY IO officer told me that I was definetely going to be interwieved while I was getting my biometrics done. yes I freaked out because it takes FOREVER them to schedule interview etc... Everyone in this forum told me relax. I got my ROC done without an interview as everyone said.

interviews are

a- randomly selected

b- IO is not satisfied with the info (including RFE) you have provided

chill out everything will be o.k...

Edited by candelari

September 5th 2007 Married in the U.S

October 15th 2007 documents were recieved

Nov 25th 2007 biometrics

Dec 17 2007 work authorization

Feb 26 2008 interview and approval

25 Nov 2009 I-751

27 Nov 2009 NOA

11 Dec 2009 Biometrics (early bio)

31 Dec 2009 touch (web site indicates last update)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.