Rob and Melinda

What is a DS3032, IV Bil, I864, and DS230

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello veteran VJ ers,

I am trying to learn and understand what some of the forms in the I 130 process are:

What is a

DS 3032 and what is this form for?

IV Bill, what is it for?

I-864, what is it for?

DS 230, what is this form for?

I looked over the VJ sight and I cnnot find any explaination for what these forms are, yet I see them mentioned on all of the I 130 timelines. If you have the time to explain what these forms are and what they say I would be very grateful

Rob

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

This link will give you the flowchart. It should show you what the progression of the forms and fees will be:

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/NVC_Pr...wchart_v1-2.pdf

--This is where your significant other appoints themselves or you to receive mailings and information on their case.

IV Bill, what is it for?

--This is the fee for processing your Immigrant Visa. It will generate the Ds 230 once it has been received.

I-864, what is it for?

--I-864 is your Affidavit of Support. You use it to prove your other half will not become a public charge.

--DS 230 is filled out by the beneficiary. It provides all of their biographic data to the National Visa Center.

I'm sure others will have much better answers than me, but that is the long and short of it.

Good luck!!!

I-751 Submitted August 2008

RFE Nov. 5, 2008 for incorrect fee

Nov. 6, 2008 Package returned to VSC with correct fee

NO COMMUNICATION FROM USCIS WHATSOEVER!

August 29, 2009 Letter of Intent to start removal proceedings

August 31, 2009 Letter and Phone with Congressman's office

Sept. 3, 2009 Infopass

Sept. 4, 2009 New I-751 submitted with another fee

Sept. 25, 2009 I-797C NOA received with 1 year extention dated Sept. 14, 2009

Oct. 2, 2009 NOA2 Biometrics Letter Appointment received

Oct. 9, 2009 Biometrics

Oct. 12, 2009 Updated on USICS website

Jan. 12, 2010 RFE

Feb. 2, 2010 RFE Returned

Feb. 4, 2010[/b ]RFE Received by USCIS

Feb. 19, 2010 EMAIL, TEXT & WEB UPDATE! CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED! Hallelujah!

Feb. 22, 2010 Second Email and text stating card production ordered.

Feb. 24, 2010 Email and Text stating Approval notice mailed.

Feb. 25, 2010 Approval letter I-797C dated 2/19/2010 received.

Feb. 27, 2010 Green Card arrived!! Envelope postmarked 2/23

Vintage Gifts & Upcycled Art!

Filed: Timeline

Rob and Melinda,

Should have been your clue to check the Guides for the spouse immigrant visa process?

Yodrak

Hello veteran VJ ers,

I am trying to learn and understand what some of the forms in the I 130 process are:

... I see them mentioned on all of the I 130 timelines. If you have the time to explain what these forms are and what they say I would be very grateful

Rob

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Rob and Melinda,

Should have been your clue to check the Guides for the spouse immigrant visa process?

Yodrak

Hello veteran VJ ers,

... I see them mentioned on all of the I 130 timelines. If you have the time to explain what these forms are and what they say I would be very grateful

Rob

Yodrak,

You know I have noticed a trend in the answers that you give to me and to others that you are very harsh and critical in your answers.

Where as others like Jerseygirl and aussiwench give pointed encouraging answers. Dont you think that I already looked at the places that you suggested? Why instead didnt you use some of the wisdom that you have gained in your time on VJ to give me an answer that would truly help me?

What happened in your life that made you so Cynical ?

Rob

This link will give you the flowchart. It should show you what the progression of the forms and fees will be:

--This is where your significant other appoints themselves or you to receive mailings and information on their case.

IV Bill, what is it for?

--This is the fee for processing your Immigrant Visa. It will generate the Ds 230 once it has been received.

I-864, what is it for?

--I-864 is your Affidavit of Support. You use it to prove your other half will not become a public charge.

--DS 230 is filled out by the beneficiary. It provides all of their biographic data to the National Visa Center.

(quote)

I'm sure others will have much better answers than me, but that is the long and short of it.

Good luck!!!

Thanks Mrswhizz fopr the exact answers that I needed...really! I appreciate the time you took to use your own experiences to help me in my journey, thanks again!

Rob

IV Bill, what is it for?

I-864, what is it for?

Good luck!!!

Thanks Mrswhizz fopr the exact answers that I needed...really! I appreciate the time you took to use your own experiences to help me in my journey, thanks again!

Rob

I-129F

Filed New I-129F form with IMBRA June 19, 2006

NOA 1 June 26, 2006

Touched July 3, 2006

I-129F Approved by E mail August 21, 2006, Just 63 Days

NOA 2 for I-129F Received in the Mail August 26th, 2006

I-129F at NVC

Case Number assigned at NVC August 29, 2006 MNL2006XXXXXXXXX

NVC sends the I-129F to the Manila Embassy August 29th, 2006

Embassy in Manila Receives I-129F August 31st, 2006

Packet 4 Received by Melinda from Manila Embassy October 1, 2006

Interview at Us Embassy Manila, October 18, 2006

Visa Approved! Interview Completed.

Visa Delivered by DELBROS October 28th, 2006

October 30, 2006 Arrived back in LAX with Melinda, were going to Disneyland!!!

November 6th, 2006, Melinda and I are back home in Winslow Arizona loving Life!

Hello veteran VJ ers,

What is a

IV Bill, what is it for?

I-864, what is it for?

I looked over the VJ sight and I cnnot find any explaination for what these forms are, yet I see them mentioned on all of the I 130 timelines. If you have the time to explain what these forms are and what they say I would be very grateful

Rob

MrsWhizz answered it very well. Only thing I can include is, DS 230 has two parts, part I and part II. Part I has to be signed by the beneficiary (applicant) before you submit to NVC, but the consular officer will ask to sign the part II during the interview. So part II must not be signed before the interview.

Please feel free to ask questions.

I-130 Timeline with USCIS:

It took 92 days for I-130 to get approved from the filing date

NVC Process of I-130:

It took 78 days to complete the NVC process

Interview Process at The U.S. Embassy

Interview took 223 days from the I-130 filing date. Immigrant Visa was issued right after the interview

• 1 month later...

i was about to start a new thread until i found this so i hope it's okay to add my questions here.

does it matter who gets appointed, me or my wife? is there an advantage that one has over the other? my wife is in philippines while i'm in california.

now my wife lives in home A but spends some days in home B. home B is where her parents live and that's what we put as the primary address in the bio 325 form. the DS3032 form asks for an address, does that have to match the primary address that we put in the bio 325 form? or can we use the address in home A which she's mostly staying in?

also, if we use jame's shortcuts, is it okay to generate our own form and send it once we get the nvc case number? sorry for all the questions but i just want to make sure i don't get any returns in the mail that will prolong this ordeal even further.

Edited by w1n78

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

Hello veteran VJ ers,

What is a

IV Bill, what is it for?

I-864, what is it for?

Rob

MrsWhizz answered it very well. Only thing I can include is, DS 230 has two parts, part I and part II. Part I has to be signed by the beneficiary (applicant) before you submit to NVC, but the consular officer will ask to sign the part II during the interview. So part II must not be signed before the interview.

Just to reword the last sentence.

So part II must not be signed before the submitting to NVC.

I made the correction to avoid confusion as both parts I & II are required by those in the Philipines to be submitted to the NVC as opposed to the other group of countries that only submit part I and required to bring part II completed and unsigned to the interview.

i was about to start a new thread until i found this so i hope it's okay to add my questions here.

does it matter who gets appointed, me or my wife? is there an advantage that one has over the other? my wife is in philippines while i'm in california.

now my wife lives in home A but spends some days in home B. home B is where her parents live and that's what we put as the primary address in the bio 325 form. the DS3032 form asks for an address, does that have to match the primary address that we put in the bio 325 form? or can we use the address in home A which she's mostly staying in?

also, if we use jame's shortcuts, is it okay to generate our own form and send it once we get the nvc case number? sorry for all the questions but i just want to make sure i don't get any returns in the mail that will prolong this ordeal even further.

the advantage is not having to endure international mailing time which can add quite a significant amount of time to the process. As such many elect their USC spouse as the choice of agent. A mailing address is all they require so whichever address you wish any and all correspondence from NVC to be sent.

Many elect to do the choice of agent via email which eliminates the choice of agent form. Its a shortcut and to date all have accepted. You can find a sample email in the first post of the NVC Timesavers thread which is pinned in the NVC forum at the top. There is also an example HERE. As soon as you know it is generated by calling the NVC automated response system, you can email your choice of agent. They usually respond within a couple of days of its acceptance.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

the advantage is not having to endure international mailing time which can add quite a significant amount of time to the process. As such many elect their USC spouse as the choice of agent. A mailing address is all they require so whichever address you wish any and all correspondence from NVC to be sent.

thanks aussiewench. so once the nvc case number is generated, my wife can then fill out the ds3032 form and send it from philippines with my information, correct? also, noticed that some users have sent emails. i guess i'll go that route and have my wife email nvc once the case number is generated. and i'm guessing this is the email address to send it to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov according to your shortcut thread aussie?

I-130

30-May-2006: Mailed to CSC

31-May-2006: Received

13-Jun-06: NOA1 Date

15-Jun-06: Receieved NOA1 in the mail and cashed check

16-Jun-06: touched

05-Sep-06: I-130 Approved

07-Sep-06: Received NOA2 in the mail

NVC

21-Sep-06: NVC Case # Assigned

02-Oct-06: DS3032 and AOS fee bill generated

03-Oct-06: Emailed DS3032 and mailed AOS bill (James shortcut)

04-Oct-06: AOS bill received in St. Louis at 1:35pm

05-Oct-06: Received email confirmation that NVC accepted the DS3032

06-Oct-06: Money Order cashed for AOS fee bill

09-Oct-06: IV Bill generated

10-Oct-06: Received DS3032 and AOS fee bill (snail mail)

13-Oct-06: I-864 generated

14-Oct-06: Mailed I-864EZ

16-Oct-06: I-864 delivered

20-Oct-06: IV Bill received (snail mail)

21-Oct-06: Mailed IV Bill

23-Oct-06: Received I-864 package (snail mail)

23-Oct-06: NVC received IV Bill

26-Oct-06: Wifey called NVC and they said "I-864 is complete"

26-Oct-06: IV Bill money order cashed

30-Oct-06: DS-230 generated

01-Nov-06: Mailed DS-230

03-Nov-06: NVC receives DS-230 at 11:10am

08-Nov-06: Received DS-230 from NVC (snail mail)

16-Nov-06: NVC case completed

Embassy

5-Feb-07: Received Packet 4 (snail mail)

12-Feb-07: St Lukes exam

13-Feb-07: Got results

24-Feb-07: LAX->MNL

2-Mar-07: Interview at 8:30AM --- AR (NSO verification)

19-Mar-07: USE gets NSO results

21-Mar-07: Visa released

23-Mar-07: Visa delivered (no txt msg or web update from Delbros)

9-May-07: MNL->LAX

thanks aussiewench. so once the nvc case number is generated, my wife can then fill out the ds3032 form and send it from philippines with my information, correct? also, noticed that some users have sent emails. i guess i'll go that route and have my wife email nvc once the case number is generated. and i'm guessing this is the email address to send it to NVCINQUIRY@state.gov according to your shortcut thread aussie?

:thumbs:

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.