Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Glock .40 was my favorite. I love the .45, but nothing can take the place of the 1911.

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Filed: Timeline
Glock 39, .45 GAP

And no, it ain't wrong. I'm a flaming liberal that likes guns

Nice! If you really do blow your brains out, you're pretty well guaranteed to stay dead. :D (and can I have your gun if you do? :lol:)

Glock .40 was my favorite. I love the .45, but nothing can take the place of the 1911.

My brother has a Glock 40. I love shooting that little cannon. Has the best trigger I've ever felt. My Ruger would be perfect if it had that trigger.

I have a .40 as well. And a set of wheel guns. You and Slim will probably flame me for saying this, but I just can't get comfortable with the idea of the 1911 with the hammer cocked back in a holster at my back. I know the thought is pure fiction, but I trained young with revolvers and cannot stop worrying about shooting my own azz off this way. On the other hand, a slim 1911 would be one helluvalot more comfy back there.

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I just don't see the need for the interaction here. It's too serious with how the games, as I understand them, are played in this section.

Honestly, I just try to have fun with all of this Shawn. I refuse to let vj become a foundation of my daily life, and when I am busy enough I just leave it. Now when we were in the early stages of the process I checked in all the time, and really used the advice given to help us with the visa application and myriad other documents we needed to get on with it. I try not to let any one get me too aggravated, and tend to just take a break for a few days if they do manage to redline my temper. Early on I got sucked into pointless circular arguments with some of the Russian posters - and was frustratingly acquainted with their zero-sum style of discussion. VV may take great pleasure in provoking some of us, but he does so by taking a position (however far out there), and seldom falls back to the "you need to do more research", or the just plain silly "you can't possibly understand". Neither does mox. I defend their right to state conflicting opinions and even flame each other if they want, and I don't see at all how it detracts from the experience.

All this is to say that I enjoy the discourse, even most of the uncivil discourse. What I don't like is just what has been the issue here - where a mod can flame me, but if I spit back I get punished. I think mox has a valid point, but there is no sense in being morbidly serious about it. I thnk we can take the good advice from vj when we need it, and leave the stuff we don't like, or just be entertained. Personally I get bored with a simple diet of guns, pie, and paperwork questions sometimes.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Timeline
I have a .40 as well. And a set of wheel guns. You and Slim will probably flame me for saying this, but I just can't get comfortable with the idea of the 1911 with the hammer cocked back in a holster at my back. I know the thought is pure fiction, but I trained young with revolvers and cannot stop worrying about shooting my own azz off this way. On the other hand, a slim 1911 would be one helluvalot more comfy back there.

Oh SNAP! You did NOT go there! :lol:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

AK, you have an interesting moniker for me as I faced off against many AK-47s until one bit me. One year in a hospital was the result. A very effective weapon. I even wrote a poem out of respect for the venerable AK.

I agree about John Browning's masterpiece--the 1911A1. Still the king. I own one and recently bought a Sig Sauer P238 which is a small .380 version in the 1911 tradition. It's basically a Colt Mustang. Great conceal carry gun.

I have lamented the Army's decision to go with the Beretta 9mm. A sell out to NATO. The reason...better to fire off more rounds than to become accurate and proficient with a 1911 45. It is not easy to get good with the 1911 but once you do...you're the boss.

The 1911 I carried saved my #### when my M-16 jammed. Dropped to NVA soldiers trying to break through my position. When you see the power of the 45 on a man, you can only be in awe of its stopping power and the level of damage that a 45 round can deliver...even with a full metal jacket round.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
:thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

See, I feel like I poured some oil into the fire. Before, VV and Mox were just bickering, but now I started it as well.

I'm stopping. I put VV on ignore, so I don't have to read posts and get a "bright" idea of going back and forth with him.

The only reason I am on VJ at all is because of these boards. Because if I start hanging out in process forums I'll go open the lockbox with my Glock and blow my brains out. This place has kept me sane for the 3 months that we've been playing the "INS newlywed waiting game" and I'd like it to remain that same place that attracted me to VJ as well.

Nah, if you're a fairly non-confrontational person on VJ, you eventually sort of develop this ability to say your piece and move on despite what is aimed back at you (unless you feel particularly playful that day, everyone does have their moments). I don't happen to have anyone on ignore but I did go through a long time where i ceased posting or reading at all. Now I only read a tiny bit here and there. We're on our last step of the process, so it's kind of nice to be mostly out of the woods. you'll get there :)

Now, my piece of advice is this-- do not make the mistake of aiming at the temples or under the chin (under the chin being more of a shotgun move of course). Both are often non-fatal but leave you maimed. :star: Temple=shooting through your optic nerves and under the chin=lifting your face off from the brain case.

It's nice to see things cooling off and heading towards the proper 3+ page discussion of guns. I have no pie talk today-- today I am making pumpkin bread from my own pumpkins.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Yeah, doing it with a firearm is pretty risky all-around. You can never be 100% sure. Not as dramatic, but it's best to go with a razor, down not across. The advantage being that you leave an open-casket ready corpse. :D

Cremation all the way :P

Oh and I did pre-med in college, so if they taught me anything it was physiology :D

Слава Україні!

--------------------
Full Timeline

chimpanzee.jpg

Timeline
Cremation all the way :P

Oh and I did pre-med in college, so if they taught me anything it was physiology :D

Ahhhh good old anatomy and physiology. Most of my classes were straight skeletal or dental, but I did have 2 soft-tissue classes which I am surprised are not required. How can anyone discuss biomechanics and modeling if thery have no idea what even makes the skeletal markers or places the stress on it?

Burial only here but no embalming. Disgusting how much of that is in the water too.

So are we (which means you whilst I read) about to get into the revolver vs. automatic debate based on Brad's comment above?

So are we (which means you whilst I read) about to get into the revolver vs. automatic debate based on Brad's comment above?

Er... that would be the paranoid whuss database. Clearly you can lock and ####### a 1911 without hurting yourself.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Timeline
Er... that would be the paranoid whuss database. Clearly you can lock and ####### a 1911 without hurting yourself.

See I somehow missed this debate before, so I was hoping to see it this time.

Timeline

Buck up, Brad. I have carried a .45 like that for years and years. My azz is still intact. Nothing wrong with a good revolver either, I have a few of them and my favorite is the Smith centennial.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline
Nah, if you're a fairly non-confrontational person on VJ, you eventually sort of develop this ability to say your piece and move on despite what is aimed back at you (unless you feel particularly playful that day, everyone does have their moments). I don't happen to have anyone on ignore but I did go through a long time where i ceased posting or reading at all. Now I only read a tiny bit here and there. We're on our last step of the process, so it's kind of nice to be mostly out of the woods. you'll get there :)

Now, my piece of advice is this-- do not make the mistake of aiming at the temples or under the chin (under the chin being more of a shotgun move of course). Both are often non-fatal but leave you maimed. :star: Temple=shooting through your optic nerves and under the chin=lifting your face off from the brain case.

It's nice to see things cooling off and heading towards the proper 3+ page discussion of guns. I have no pie talk today-- today I am making pumpkin bread from my own pumpkins.

:unsure:

Anyone see "Full metal Jacket" ??? It all works with a 7.62 NATO.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.