mike777

Euro Gamers in Niagara County, NY??? and or bible studies

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

OK I feel like I'm soliciting myself on a personals ad, but here we go...

Hi, I'm curious if there are any couples that are Euro gamers that are or will be settled in Niagara County, NY?

I'm a euro gamer and I enjoy playing them with my wife but just looking for any couples in similar situation, to maybe hook up with (NOT SEX...for board games) to play sometime. I'm not going to defn say it's going to happen, but maybe to start a dialog and just banter and see for awhile...and maybe it will.

Those that play Euro style games will know what type I mean...not word games like scrabble or boggle and not games like Monopoly. I mean games like Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, Agricola...etc "the more rare games that aren't mainstream"...

On another note, will be looking for a bible study in the Niagara Falls region/Niagara County, NY if anyone knows of any...technically we're pentacostal, I formerly non-denominational though.

Wife doesn't have a lot of female friends and I kinda feel bad that I'm taking her farther away from her friends so we're kinda looking for similar couples, we're in our late 20's, no kids..."yet." I have plenty of friends in NY but again, we're be looking to meet new couples in a similar situation as us to hang, etc,. whatever. We're also a nintendo Wii couple :-)

Boy do I feel lame posting this, but I figure what the hell lol.

Thanks!

I-130 Received: 5-11-2009

I-130 Approved: 8-28-2009

Checklist on my DS230 and 864; Called, under review for checklist corrections (small delay) - Oct and Nov

Case Complete: 12/11/09

Received Interview Date: 1/22/10

Medial: 2/22/10: passed

Interview: 3/3/10: APPROVED! WHOO-HOOO

POE: 3/6/10: yeah!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

have you made a craigslist post about either of this stuff? or run through meetup.com to find folksen?

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

No, haven't thought about that site yet. I usually post for selling stuff there...

Checklist on my DS230 and 864; Called, under review for checklist corrections (small delay) - Oct and Nov

Timeline

ok..

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

I haven't heard of those other 2 sites. I figure I'd try here as well figuring maybe my wife and I, being in the immigration process, can meet similar couples going through this too.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Mike777,

Lol...I have no idea about Euro gamers.....

But my husband and I like playing board games and I used to go to volunteer at a church (might look for a new church later on since we moved into a new area), if that is of any help...

And we live pretty close to Niagara County (well..about 1-2 hours away..but close enough..as far as VJ is concerned...), we got married in Niagara County, and we travel back and forth between the USA and Canada and pass by there from time to time..

Lol..I'm female...in my 20s....live in NYS....am Canadian/American.....if that is of any help to your wife looking for female friends....lol...

Likeswise, we like looking for new friends too...Hmm..maybe we should post an ad like yours too...lol...

So you're not lame at all for posting this.....:)

And who knows...Maybe you'll find some friends here on VJ this way too...:)

Hope this helps...Good luck in finding friends too!

Ant

P.S. I posted something awhile ago about a VJ NYS/Canada meetup...Maybe you're interested in that too?....

OK I feel like I'm soliciting myself on a personals ad, but here we go...

Hi, I'm curious if there are any couples that are Euro gamers that are or will be settled in Niagara County, NY?

I'm a euro gamer and I enjoy playing them with my wife but just looking for any couples in similar situation, to maybe hook up with (NOT SEX...for board games) to play sometime. I'm not going to defn say it's going to happen, but maybe to start a dialog and just banter and see for awhile...and maybe it will.

Those that play Euro style games will know what type I mean...not word games like scrabble or boggle and not games like Monopoly. I mean games like Carcassonne, Settlers of Catan, Agricola...etc "the more rare games that aren't mainstream"...

On another note, will be looking for a bible study in the Niagara Falls region/Niagara County, NY if anyone knows of any...technically we're pentacostal, I formerly non-denominational though.

Wife doesn't have a lot of female friends and I kinda feel bad that I'm taking her farther away from her friends so we're kinda looking for similar couples, we're in our late 20's, no kids..."yet." I have plenty of friends in NY but again, we're be looking to meet new couples in a similar situation as us to hang, etc,. whatever. We're also a nintendo Wii couple :-)

Boy do I feel lame posting this, but I figure what the hell lol.

Thanks!

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Canadian/American VJ meetup......(ON/NYS)....., Anyone else interested? Post thoughts, ideas, suggestions, etc. here..

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...=240371&hl=

Ant

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yay Carcassonne! Love that game totally - I have the Castle version as well. I've played Settlers a few times at a friend's. I have one friend in particular who is just obcessed with german board games. He sets up Game days at his house every few months and it's a good time.

You might have more luck looking for German Board games instead of Euro games?

http://www.meetup.com/ can be really useful in finding groups in your area for just about anything.

PS - get your games here :)

http://www.germangames.com/index.asp

Edited by Udella&Wiz

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Timeline

ya - clickable links ;)

http://www.craigslist.org (pick your state, pick your city/area)

http://www.meetup.com

Good Luck !

Hey That meetup.com is pretty cool. I like the interface its clean.

Oh I've been to germangames.com Nice site. My friend recently informed me of boardsandbits.com That site is awesome! For me its close enough where I'll always get shipping in a day, I've ordered games on a Friday afternoon and received them FedEx Saturday, plus the prices can't be beat.

LoL, when I read the title of this, I was thinking I was in for comedy. But alas, board games and bible study is not funny, or amusing. :lol:

:rofl:....It does sound like a name for a commedy....

"Euro Games and Bible Studies in Niagara..."

Act I...Begins with solicitation on VisaJourney....

Does mike777 find finally gaming and bible study friends?....Stay tunned for more.....

Mike777-Seriously....Good luck with finding new friends. May you and your wife be successful in that.....:)

Udella&Wiz-Thanks for the info about the meetup.com website....:):thumbs:

I'll have to check that website out sometime too....(sigh...we need new friends locally too...)

Ant

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Ya ant, maybe after the wife moves to NY sometime in summer there can be a meetup or something.

I guess the title of the thread can sound like a comedy. either though is a laughing matter but we won't go there. :blink:

Ya ant, maybe after the wife moves to NY sometime in summer there can be a meetup or something.

I guess the title of the thread can sound like a comedy. either though is a laughing matter but we won't go there. :blink:

Mike777-That would be great for a meetup in the warmer weather...:)....Hopefully we can all arrange for that here on VJ too, as I posted about that on the other thread for the NYS/ONT meetup....Canadians, Timbits, and all....Oh what fun! (hoping this comes true)..

Btw..Can I add you to the NYS/ONT vj meetup list too? Thanks in advance...

Lol..Finding friends is not a laughing matter...but it is an amusing thread title nevertheless..

Hope your story ends well..too...Friends and all..

Ant

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.