tany1157

k1 denied jan 5th,just got email from uscis

30 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I have to admit that I do believe it has been reaffirmed. The wording and the date just couldn't be coincidental. And no NOIR. So whatever their reason for the denial was something the USCIS either already had checked out, or they didn't view it as valid. One way or the other this is incredible!

So the next step is that it is sent back to the NVC and they in turn will forward it to the consulate. This took us about 6 weeks, but who knows for sure in your case. What I am pretty sure you can expect is that when the consulate does call to set up the appointment it has been traditionally much quicker than the first interview. They gave us one week. So make sure he starts preparing now for everything on the interview.

What they wanted from us was updated forms. The medical, police report, the I-864 (but in your case I don't know what the Affidavit of support form is), employment forms. So make sure that you have new of everything to give them. The medical is good for a year, so hopefully he has a copy of it.

Again this is the exact reason I advise people to make sure they know what happened to their returned petition before they proceed with marriage. I know I sound like a broken record, but aren't you glad you waited? I am really so excited for you! :dance:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Congrats, thats great news. Hopefully this is a good sign for all of us waiting...maybe Casa will get their act together

and be professional about the whole process.

CONRATS AGAIN!!!!

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Congratulations!! I hope he has his visa in no time! :thumbs:

Edited by Aya&John

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Timeline

Thanks everyone. I forwarded the email to my senators and congresswoman. NVC does not have the case yet, but when they do, they will scan the package and send it to casa. I don't know anything about this reaffirmed stuff. Will he definately interview again, or what? We still can't believe it....It would be great if he got the call from the consulate when I am there.

Edited by tany1157

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

Congratulation, I'm so happy for you. INSHALLAH Casablanca CO's finally get the message.

إله الخير المغرب بلد جميل! Hasbunallah wa ni'am al-wakil Tawkkalna Alay Allah

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I am so excited for you!! YEAH!!!!! I could be jumping up and down, but I won't.. lol. Bijad comes in this Saturday - you will just miss each other. :star:

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Timeline
I am so excited for you!! YEAH!!!!! I could be jumping up and down, but I won't.. lol. Bijad comes in this Saturday - you will just miss each other. :star:

After calling DOS three times to confirm LOL and Ouadia asking about 30 times tonight if I am sure we got reapproved again...we are doing this.... :dance::dance::dance::dancing::dancing::dancing::energy::energy::energy:^_^^_^^_^ Sorry guys, it is JUST sinking in....

oh, BTW, I am sooo excited for you too!!!! This month went by fast! :dance::dance::dance: Hope he has safe travels!

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Will he definately interview again, or what? We still can't believe it....It would be great if he got the call from the consulate when I am there.

There is no way for us to know if he will have an interview. Some interviews are more questions. Some, like ours, just want updated forms. Each case is different, and a lot depends on why he was denied in the first place. I would be prepared just in case. And like I previously mentioned, make sure he has updated forms for those that have expired. For instance I think the police report is only valid for 3 months. So if the old one was dated over 3 months prior to the second interview date (if they schedule one) then you will want to get it. The medical won't expire for a year, but they might not have it any longer. They might want 2009 tax info.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

This is freaking GREAT news.:dancing: enjoy your trip back :)

"you fondle my trigger then you blame my gun"

Timeline: 13 month long journey from filing to visa in hand

If you were lucky and got an approval and reunion with your loved one rather quickly; Please refrain from telling people who waited 6+ months just to get out of a service center to "chill out" or to "stop whining" It's insensitive,and unecessary. Once you walk a mile in their shoes you will understand and be heard.

Thanks!

Timeline
After calling DOS three times to confirm LOL and Ouadia asking about 30 times tonight if I am sure we got reapproved again...we are doing this.... :dance::dance::dance::dancing::dancing::dancing::energy::energy::energy:^_^^_^^_^ Sorry guys, it is JUST sinking in....

oh, BTW, I am sooo excited for you too!!!! This month went by fast! :dance::dance::dance: Hope he has safe travels!

It has gone by so fast! I am ready for him to be here!! Girl, I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you alot... maybe Ouadia will be on the plane with you to come home, or following right behind! OMG!

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

"I am still determined to be cheerful and happy, in whatever situation I may be; for I have also learned from experience that the greater part of our happiness or misery depends upon our dispositions, and not upon our circumstances."

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Timeline
It has gone by so fast! I am ready for him to be here!! Girl, I am so happy for you! I have been thinking about you alot... maybe Ouadia will be on the plane with you to come home, or following right behind! OMG!

AAAAHHHHHHH!! LOL That would be awesome, I just hope we don't get denied again at the consulate.....grrrrrrr

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

Does NVC only update their computers once a week? I think I read this somewhere, but not sure. They don't have the case yet. It only took a couple of days to get our approved case before.

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

daily updates. for some 'things', it's in real time.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline
AAAAHHHHHHH!! LOL That would be awesome, I just hope we don't get denied again at the consulate.....grrrrrrr

STOP THAT!!! Be positive!! You will be approved!! You will!! :thumbs:

MoroccoUSA_flag.jpg

Teresa,

- Martha Washington

4ZaKm5.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.