jpine

security checks NOA21?

7 posts in this topic

I did do a search on this site and would just like to confirm what i believe i read. I see some people get help up b/c of "security checks". Do these security checks come after the NOA2 from NVC? Just curious. If that is correct the only thing to come from CSC, in my case, is either NOA2 or RFE. Is this correct? Thanks

Edited by jpine

K1

04/11/2006--sent i-129f

10/19/2006--fiance arrived USA

11/20/2006--Married

AOS

12/15/06-- noa1

01/12/07-- rfe

01/24/07-- 485 transferred to CA

02/03/07-- Biometrics

03/02/07-- welcome letter sent

03/09/07-- snail mail welcome letter received

03/16/07-- card production message received

03/21/07-- approval notice sent

03/23/07-- resident card in hand

Remove Conditions

1/12/09--noa1

2/04/09--Biometrics

6/05/09--Approval notice received in mail

6/28/09-- 10 year card received in the mail

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
I did do a search on this site and would just like to confirm what i believe i read. I see some people get help up b/c of "security checks". Do these security checks come after the NOA2 from NVC? Just curious. If that is correct the only thing to come from CSC, in my case, is either NOA2 or RFE. Is this correct? Thanks

NVC is resposible for the security checks you read about. NOA1s, RFEs and NOA2s come from the service centers.

You may want to read this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24295

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

Name/security checks are done at all levels including the service centers.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

thanks for the quick reply, just concerned my noa2 is being held up b/c of security checks. Now i know that is not the case. I know i know be patient,,,first time i am starting to be obsessed checking for the noa2. i have been waiting for about 3months now, i think im doing good. I know many people are waiting longer or same as me. not griping just posting some concern.

thanks again

NVC is resposible for the security checks you read about. NOA1s, RFEs and NOA2s come from the service centers.

You may want to read this thread: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24295

well now i dont know again. the only think i know is i need to wait.

thanks

K1

04/11/2006--sent i-129f

11/20/2006--Married

AOS

12/15/06-- noa1

01/12/07-- rfe

02/03/07-- Biometrics

Remove Conditions

1/12/09--noa1

2/04/09--Biometrics

You can read about security checks done at the USCIS (service center) level HERE as well as the link in my signature which is more in depth.

thanks for the quick reply, just concerned my noa2 is being held up b/c of security checks. Now i know that is not the case. I know i know be patient,,,first time i am starting to be obsessed checking for the noa2. i have been waiting for about 3months now, i think im doing good. I know many people are waiting longer or same as me. not griping just posting some concern.

thanks again

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

also Aussie do you know where i would see i was being help up b/c of security checks, would it be posted on my USCIS case status online? As of now my update says they received rfe on 5 july and have been touched 2 times last week. Thanks. And Aussie im sure you dont remember me as you help so many people so often on this site i would just really like to say thanks to you for helping on this. You have helped me about 4 months ago when i posted a question saying i wanted to use an attorny b/c i made a simple mistake on g325 and you gave me the courage to go ahead and do this proccess without an attorney. thanks again Aussie,,,YOU ROCK

K1

04/11/2006--sent i-129f

11/20/2006--Married

AOS

12/15/06-- noa1

01/12/07-- rfe

02/03/07-- Biometrics

Remove Conditions

1/12/09--noa1

2/04/09--Biometrics

If you are in security checks there is no way of telling by looking at the online status. The only way members have been able to confirm this is when a congress person has enquired on their behalf when the processing date is 30 days or more past. A congress person however can not speed up this process. It will be completed when its completed. You may or may not be held up in security checks as this may of already been done.....it may just be the IMBRA backlog. I hope you hear something soon about your approval.

also Aussie do you know where i would see i was being help up b/c of security checks, would it be posted on my USCIS case status online? As of now my update says they received rfe on 5 july and have been touched 2 times last week. Thanks. And Aussie im sure you dont remember me as you help so many people so often on this site i would just really like to say thanks to you for helping on this. You have helped me about 4 months ago when i posted a question saying i wanted to use an attorny b/c i made a simple mistake on g325 and you gave me the courage to go ahead and do this proccess without an attorney. thanks again Aussie,,,YOU ROCK

You can find me on FBI

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.