JoeCanuk

Biometrics letter

24 posts in this topic

Does anyone know if the biometrics letter is sufficient proof when starting a new job or coming back into the United States? It was sufficient proof to prove my alien status in regards to unemployment benefits.

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

The NOA 1 is the proof your status has been extended for a year. If you don't have it, make an Infopass to get the I-551 stamp - that is your best proof if no NOA1 arrived.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

The NOA 1 is the proof your status has been extended for a year. If you don't have it, make an Infopass to get the I-551 stamp - that is your best proof if no NOA1 arrived.

I see. My passport is expired though and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to go.

Isn't your stamped biometrics letter proof of your status too though? Like I said, it was sufficient for unemployment.

I HATE miles, gallons, pints, words spelled without u's, and all that other jazz...

07/21/07 Entered United States on K1 visa

08/18 Married

10/20 Sent AOS package to Chicago; arrived on 10/22

11/21 Biometrics appointment

12/14 EAD card production ordered; AP approved

12/15 AOS transferred to CSC

12/22 AP arrives in mail

12/27 Received EAD in mail

02/15/08 Green Card production ordered

02/25 Received Welcome letter in mail

02/28 Green card arrived in mail. Done with USCIS for now

01/12/10 Sent I-751 to California Service Center; arrived on 1/14/2010

02/09 Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

02/10 Case updated

02/23 Received NOA

03/08 Card production ordered

03/10 ROC approval letter arrives

03/15 Ten year Green card arrives

02/17/12 Mailed citizenship application

forget day Biometrics appointment in Michigan City, Indiana

05/14 Interview and test in Indianapolis, Indiana

05/23 Received oath letter

06/15 Oath ceremony...end of the line.

Filed: Other Country: Sri Lanka
Timeline

JoeCanuk,

When is your card expiring? If everything goes well you should get your approval notice soon. Cross your fingers.

AOS

July 21st 2006 - I130, I485, and I765 Filed

Aug 10th 2006 - NOA for I485, I765 & I130 received

Aug 14th 2006 - Biometric appointment date for I485 and I765 received

Aug 21st 2006 - Biometrics taken (DAY 31)

Aug 31st 2006 - Received interview notice via mail

Oct 17th 2006 - EAD Approved (DAY 88)

Oct 27th 2006 - Interview (DAY 98)

Oct 27th 2006 - Pending FBI background check

Dec 20th 2006 - Recieved RFE for joint Sponsor

Feb 10th 2007 - Mailed RFE for joint sponsor

Feb 12th 2007 - RFE recieved at USCIS

Mar 23rd 2007 - Recieved RFE for original signature for joint sponsor

Mar 27th 2007 - Mailed RFE

Mar 29th 2007 - RFE received at USCIS

Jun 28th 2007 - INFOPASS appontment

Jul 6th 2007 - mailed I765 renewal

Jul 8th 2007 - USCIS received I765 renewal

Jul 20th 2007 - NOA for I765 renewal

Dec 24th 2007 - NOA 2nd Biometric appointment date for I485 and I765 received

Jan 09th 2008 - 2nd Biometrics for I485 and I765

Mar 12th 2008 received green card approval notice

Mar 21st 2008 received green card

Removal of Conditions Timeline

01/13/2010 ... mailed I-751 packet to CSC

01/14/2010 ... delivered to CSC

01/19/2010 ... check cashed

02/01/2010 ... received Biometrics notice

02/17/2010 ... Biometrics appointment

02/25/2010 ... INFOPASS app. I-551 stamped on passport

03/11/2010 ... Green card approved

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Japan
Timeline
JoeCanuk,

When is your card expiring? If everything goes well you should get your approval notice soon. Cross your fingers.

That's exactly what I thought! Look at Jan CSC approved filer's Bio date and Approved date, I believe you will be the next ;) !!

I see. My passport is expired though and I wouldn't have the foggiest idea where to go.

Isn't your stamped biometrics letter proof of your status too though? Like I said, it was sufficient for unemployment.

For cases with expired passport, bring two passport photos to infopass and I believe they issue you a separate piece of paper with the I-551 stamp.

Don't know about unemployment, that goes by the state.

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

You can get an extension stamp on an I-94 (I am not sure if it is I-94 or something else) document if your passport is expired. The requirements are a little different since you have to bring with you 2 passport photos. I will double check and post another reply if I find the information.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

You have to Visit the Embassy of your country, to get your passport renewed. this does not take much time , most of the cases it is done on the same day , or the next day

I-94 is only for Visa's , once permanent residency is established I-94 does not have any value or significance

You have to get your passport renewed and get your passport stamped

Here is the link where you can find the local embassy in your area (canadian embassy , since your profile says you are from canada)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detro...s.aspx?lang=eng

Edited by franticsky

You have to Visit the Embassy of your country, to get your passport renewed. this does not take much time , most of the cases it is done on the same day , or the next day

I-94 is only for Visa's , once permanent residency is established I-94 does not have any value or significance

You have to get your passport renewed and get your passport stamped

Here is the link where you can find the local embassy in your area (canadian embassy , since your profile says you are from canada)

http://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/detro...s.aspx?lang=eng

an I-551 stamp can be placed on an external document, I think it is I-94 - you don't have to bring it with you, the officer at your infopass will know which one it is. Sometimes, the embassy will not renew the passport if you can't show you are eligible to be in the US for xx number of days. They don't accept "I will be extended for an additional year" from people. If the GC is not expired yet, then there might be a change to get it renewed...

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Timeline
an I-551 stamp can be placed on an external document, I think it is I-94 - you don't have to bring it with you, the officer at your infopass will know which one it is. Sometimes, the embassy will not renew the passport if you can't show you are eligible to be in the US for xx number of days. They don't accept "I will be extended for an additional year" from people. If the GC is not expired yet, then there might be a change to get it renewed...

I-94 is not the document , I-94 is a document which is handed to an Individual entering the United states on a Visa , which has a date stamped on it which tells the individual that he or she is permitted to stay in the United states till that date.

The embassy WILL renew your passport if you have the letter stating that your residency has been extended by a year THEY WILL ACCEPT THE LETTER WHICH STATES THAT THE STATUS HAS BEEN EXTENDED I have done it in my case and I have my new passport with me

if you do not have this letter call the customer service and tell them to send this letter

Edited by franticsky

Timeline
I-94 is not the document , I-94 is a document which is handed to an Individual entering the United states on a Visa , which has a date stamped on it which tells the individual that he or she is permitted to stay in the United states till that date.

The embassy WILL renew your passport if you have the letter stating that your residency has been extended by a year THEY WILL ACCEPT THE LETTER WHICH STATES THAT THE STATUS HAS BEEN EXTENDED I have done it in my case and I have my new passport with me

if you do not have this letter call the customer service and tell them to send this letter

For more Information you can call them , here is the page with their contact information

http://www.ppt.gc.ca/service/contact.aspx?lang=eng

If the people working at USCIS field office have been giving out I-551 stamp on the I-94 or other document, why would you question what has been advised to the OP?

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Timeline
If the people working at USCIS field office have been giving out I-551 stamp on the I-94 or other document, why would you question what has been advised to the OP?

i-551 stamp cannot be given on an I-94 document , get your facts right

i-551 stamp cannot be given on an I-94 document , get your facts right

Ok then. You can get an I-551 stamp on an external document provided by infopass officers provided that you bring 2 passport photos with you to your infopass appointment.

Do you like this wording?

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Timeline
Ok then. You can get an I-551 stamp on an external document provided by infopass officers provided that you bring 2 passport photos with you to your infopass appointment.

Do you like this wording?

Sure, if the wording is correct why not , but have not heard that an I-551 stamp been given on any other document other than a valid passport , I have to check this cant deny this without having complete information , but once I have information about this , will surely get back to you , howz that ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.