zach

Retain all Originals?

5 posts in this topic

I am trying to prepare all the documents for my K1 package.I have a quick question.

On this site I am told this about sending the K1 package:

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes checks too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. Retain ALL originals.

Does this include the passport photos that I have to mail in too?

if not, which originals do I keep?

Thank you,

Zach

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I sent in original photos, but they were digital so I could always print more off. Don't send a photocopy of a photo. Sent a photocopy of your passport photo and stamps. The documents are the most important part. Make sure you have copies of all documents that you sent it. They should have original signatures. My fiance sent me several passport photos so I had extras. It's more important to copy all documents as you can always get more passport photos if you need them.

Good luck,

Sarah

Edited by sarah and hicham

I am trying to prepare all the documents for my K1 package.I have a quick question.

On this site I am told this about sending the K1 package:

Make TWO copies of the entire package before you send it in. This includes checks too. You want to have a perfect replica of the package you are sending in. Retain ALL originals.

Does this include the passport photos that I have to mail in too?

if not, which originals do I keep?

Thank you,

Zach

'Retain ALL originals' refers to documents etc that you submit, as only copies are required to be sent. Make sure you DO submit ALL forms as an original.

Edited by aussiewench

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

How did you take the pictures? With a digital camera or using film? If with a digital camera, you can easily print out new copies of the pictures and if you used film, have it developed again. As someone said, it's better to send them actual pictures, and not just photocopies of them.

I only offer advice - not even legal. Just the plain and simple kind.

Timeline (incompleta)

When I got my passport photos taken for the visa application, I got a couple extra printed up at the same time. All photos should be originals, not copies.

All forms should be originals (anything you have to sign), but supporting documents like boarding passes, hotel receipts, etc should be copies.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.