UmmSqueakster

Tips to help your SO adjust

207 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

AbuS has been here *checks calendar* 4 years and 2 days, and there's no end in sight to the rollercoaster :no:

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline
dont forget phillipino, chinese and maybe some new Latin dishes

always a favorite of the arab immigrants

My husband hates chinese food and anything else that combines salty and sweet with meat. Mexican is a big hit with him though.

"Only from your heart can you touch the sky" - Rumi

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
We are struggling here... Anyone who's been on the rollercoaster for a while care to talk? Send me a PM. :)

Almost all marriage have ups and downs. It is added pressure when there are culture differences. It isn't always easy, but try to put yourself in his shoes when he is struggling. I know if I was in Morocco I would miss my home so much that I am sure I could become a beast from time to time. Sometimes you just need to let them vent a bit without taking offense.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline
:thumbs:

We're not nearly at 4 years but yeah...2.5 yrs in...still riding the coaster. Hey coasters are fun...right?

AbuS has been here *checks calendar* 4 years and 2 days, and there's no end in sight to the rollercoaster :no:

The first few times around, but after awhile, it's all you can do to keep from passing out or hurling your guts all over your partner :whistle:

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Timeline

We're not nearly at 4 years but yeah...2.5 yrs in...still riding the coaster. Hey coasters are fun...right?

The first few times around, but after awhile, it's all you can do to keep from passing out or hurling your guts all over your partner :whistle:

OMG...I just spit my drink through my nose. :rofl:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Timeline

Jen, you are too funny. You're humor on life is a blessing, no doubt! (F)

Timeline

Heh. You can either laugh or you can cry. Oh no wait, scratch that. You can laugh AND you can cry. Just make sure you laugh more than you cry. And get a fat and fuzzy kitty to cuddle with. Kitties make everything much better.

irhal.jpg

Timeline

However, I should note that cats in general do not like roller coasters, so do not take a cat on one. You may end up getting clawed in the face. Slightly less dangerous, but oh so fun is cat yodeling. You can still get clawed in the face (this I know from personal experience), but it takes one's mind off the ups and downs of said roller coaster.

irhal.jpg

Same problem here. Although, he will go with for Chinese, God love him. He picks at the food then stops for Micky D's or Taco Hell afterwards. Loves Mexican particularly homemade tacos and fajitas.

My husband hates chinese food and anything else that combines salty and sweet with meat. Mexican is a big hit with him though.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

My frustration= hubby changing his ticket again. UGH! I hate expecting that he's going to come and then him telling me he's going to change it because he needs more time too wrap up things with work. Now he's coming a week later. I know he misses me, I know he's stressed, and I'm not whiny, and I'm being understanding, I'm just frustrated. ~M

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : United Arab Emirates

Marriage : 2008-07-12

I-130 Sent : 2008-09-27

I-130 NOA1 : 2008-10-02

I-130 Approved : 2009-01-20

NVC Received : 2009-01-25

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2009-02-01

Pay I-864 Bill : 2009-02-03

Receive I-864 Package : 2009-02-04

Return Completed I-864 : 2009-02-27

Return Completed DS-3032 : 2009-02-05

Receive IV Bill : 2009-02-19

Pay IV Bill : 2009-02-25

Case Completed at NVC : 2009-03-17

Packet 4 Received : 2009-03-24

Interview Date : 2009-05-19!!!!!!!!!!! Pray for a quick approval and no AP!!!

Visa in Hand: 2009-05-20!!! Thank you god! Now I wish he would just come to the US sooner... miss him...grrr.

Point of Entry: Chicago O'Hare Airport October , 16th 2009!!!

Timeline
My frustration= hubby changing his ticket again. UGH! I hate expecting that he's going to come and then him telling me he's going to change it because he needs more time too wrap up things with work. Now he's coming a week later. I know he misses me, I know he's stressed, and I'm not whiny, and I'm being understanding, I'm just frustrated. ~M

(F)

Soon he will be here and you will forget all about it.

Agreed. Just try to be a little more patient and you will be rewarded. I totally understand your frustration but believe me and M4E....once he's here you'll forget all about it. (F)

(F)

My hubby too! He HATES how the meals in America are made w/ sweet stuff in them. He's like who the hell eats fruit or sweets w/ salty meat?! :devil: WE DO!!! :devil:

Orange chicken, pinapple "whatever" pizza, hamburgers, chicken, etc, apple "whatever" again any type of meat... :whistle: I never realized it but majority of us are sweet/salty combo freaks! :blush:

Same problem here. Although, he will go with for Chinese, God love him. He picks at the food then stops for Micky D's or Taco Hell afterwards. Loves Mexican particularly homemade tacos and fajitas.

Me THREE! Agreed! :thumbs:

It's so hard and especially when you get your hopes up like that but in no time you will be asking, when are you going home for a visit? :lol: jk!

Cheer up!!!! (F)

Agreed. Just try to be a little more patient and you will be rewarded. I totally understand your frustration but believe me and M4E....once he's here you'll forget all about it. (F)

(F)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.