ForeverAmen

Additional Evidence

8 posts in this topic

Filed: Other Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I don't know why I'm having so much of hassle with sending this post. I hope the format comes out correct.

I have been reading various postings regarding visa's being delayed due to lack of evidence. Five years ago my then Fiance and I went through the same thing. So I've decided to start a post to share what type of additional evidence have been submitted. Please feel free to contribute as much information as possible. Too much evidence can't hurt. I hope this helps someone.

1) Emails between family and friends talking about you and your SO. IMO, this helps the CO see that there is some validity to the relationship especially since members of your inner circle knows about you and your SO.

2)Have a friend/family submit a letter on company letterhead attesting to your relationship. Be sure that the letter contains positive character traits about you, and how they think highly of your decisions.

3)If you are strictly using calling cards to communicate ... trash it! As with my case ... how do they know who you really called? Instead, opt for something like Pingo or any other service that tracks your phone calls.

4) Be sure your photos are relative to your visit. It's nice that you've taken photos in the hotel room. But try to have photos with places relative to the area in the background. Photos with various relatives and close friends. That way there is no question as to whether or not it was the two of you together in his/her hometown, etc.

5) Send emails between you and your SO family. I understand that for many of our SO's, some family members (ie., older relatives) do not understand how to use a computer. But I'm sure there is at least one relative who you can start communicating with via the internet from your SO's family. This again shows that this relationship extends beyond just the two of you.

6) Do not delete or sratch through your emails. So what if you and your SO decides to have a few spicy cyber conversations?! I hope you wouldn't do that with just anyone. So why do you have to hide it?

7) If applicable to your situation, submit Western Union / Money Gram receipts. On the flip side, know the Embassy you are dealing with. For some embassys this is not seen as a good thing.

8) Drill your SO as though both of your lives depend on it. Be sure that your SO knows as much about you as possible.

9) Be confident! For example: my husband can initially come across as shy and timid. Of course, after a few minutes all of that changes. BUT to a CO officer this can come across as being uncertain. Uncertain about what? (you fill in the blanks).

Hope this information helps someone.

In HIS Word,

Boaz

ALL things work TOGETHER for GOOD!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Very informative post. I use ustelelinks to communicate with my fiancee and Nigeria DC. 5 dollars gives you 1hour and 3 mins. Not really bad.

Nwanyioma

AOS Timeline
7-23-2010 AOS package mailed priority via USPS to Chicago Lockbox (expected delivery date 7-26-2010)
7-27-2010 AOS package delivered
8-3-2010 NOA 1 AOS/EAD/AP (received hard copy NOA 1's in mailbox 8-7-2010)
8-6-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
8-9-2010 AOS/EAD/AP Touched
9-15-2010 Biometrics walk-in at Alexandria,VA ASC(original appointment date 10-5-2010)
9-15-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-16-2010 AOS/EAD Touched
9-22-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-22-2010 EAD card production ordered. Approved!!!!!
9-23-2010 EAD/AP Touched
9-30-2010 EAD received in mail
10-4-2010 Received interview letter in the mail
11-9-2010 AOS interview 11:00am in Baltimore, Maryland
11-9-2010 Greencard approved!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Very helpful! Thank you Boaz, for starting this post. I use Jupiter card. I have to call the provider for the call details :blush:

We get about 245 minutes for $20. I may switch to pingo and/or ustelelinks to avoid the hassle.

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Timeline
Very helpful! Thank you Boaz, for starting this post. I use Jupiter card. I have to call the provider for the call details :blush:

We get about 245 minutes for $20. I may switch to pingo and/or ustelelinks to avoid the hassle.

Years ago when I tried to get the call details from the calling card company, I was told they could only do this if they received a supeona from the courts involving a criminal matter. I literally had to go to the court house, find a judge, explain the matter to the judge, and BEG him to put this information in writing to the Embassy. Needless to say, my efforts paid off. Things may have changed since then, but as of 5 years ago, that was the case.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

My goodness! I can't believe you had to go through all that. So far I have had two very responsive senators. The constituent aid at my congressperson's office told me to give the consulate 30 days to work and then call here back. She was the only one that made me feel like calling so soon after the interview... What else am I supposed to do???

I am bouncing off the walls here. :wacko:

Thanks again for sharing your experieince Boaz.

Years ago when I tried to get the call details from the calling card company, I was told they could only do this if they received a supeona from the courts involving a criminal matter. I literally had to go to the court house, find a judge, explain the matter to the judge, and BEG him to put this information in writing to the Embassy. Needless to say, my efforts paid off. Things may have changed since then, but as of 5 years ago, that was the case.

NVC:

2009-09-11 - NVC received.

2009-12-17 - Case complete e-mail message, sign in failed on website and AVR... YAY!

2009-12-17 - Waiting for an appointment assignment...

2009-12-29 - Interview assigned: February 11, 2010!

2010-01-06 - Case forwarded to consulate.

Consulate:

2010-01-12 - Medical exam part 1 of 2 complete.

2010-01-26 - Medical exam part 2 of 2 complete. Ouchie!

2010-02-11 - Interview results: Administrative Processing 221(g) :-(

2010-04-27 - 2nd interview results: Approved :-)

2010-05-04 - Visa in hand!

2010-05-08 - POE

Timeline
My goodness! I can't believe you had to go through all that. So far I have had two very responsive senators. The constituent aid at my congressperson's office told me to give the consulate 30 days to work and then call here back. She was the only one that made me feel like calling so soon after the interview... What else am I supposed to do???

I am bouncing off the walls here. :wacko:

Thanks again for sharing your experieince Boaz.

From what I know about your case, you are on the right track. I too contacted my Senator's office. They were very responsive and helped us out a lot.

Filed: Country: Ghana
Timeline
I don't know why I'm having so much of hassle with sending this post. I hope the format comes out correct.

I have been reading various postings regarding visa's being delayed due to lack of evidence. Five years ago my then Fiance and I went through the same thing. So I've decided to start a post to share what type of additional evidence have been submitted. Please feel free to contribute as much information as possible. Too much evidence can't hurt. I hope this helps someone.

1) Emails between family and friends talking about you and your SO. IMO, this helps the CO see that there is some validity to the relationship especially since members of your inner circle knows about you and your SO.

2)Have a friend/family submit a letter on company letterhead attesting to your relationship. Be sure that the letter contains positive character traits about you, and how they think highly of your decisions.

3)If you are strictly using calling cards to communicate ... trash it! As with my case ... how do they know who you really called? Instead, opt for something like Pingo or any other service that tracks your phone calls.

4) Be sure your photos are relative to your visit. It's nice that you've taken photos in the hotel room. But try to have photos with places relative to the area in the background. Photos with various relatives and close friends. That way there is no question as to whether or not it was the two of you together in his/her hometown, etc.

5) Send emails between you and your SO family. I understand that for many of our SO's, some family members (ie., older relatives) do not understand how to use a computer. But I'm sure there is at least one relative who you can start communicating with via the internet from your SO's family. This again shows that this relationship extends beyond just the two of you.

6) Do not delete or sratch through your emails. So what if you and your SO decides to have a few spicy cyber conversations?! I hope you wouldn't do that with just anyone. So why do you have to hide it?

7) If applicable to your situation, submit Western Union / Money Gram receipts. On the flip side, know the Embassy you are dealing with. For some embassys this is not seen as a good thing.

8) Drill your SO as though both of your lives depend on it. Be sure that your SO knows as much about you as possible.

9) Be confident! For example: my husband can initially come across as shy and timid. Of course, after a few minutes all of that changes. BUT to a CO officer this can come across as being uncertain. Uncertain about what? (you fill in the blanks).

Hope this information helps someone.

In HIS Word,

Boaz

I love that. I had to do that to get approved. My fiance went to the interview with binders in a carry on luggage no joke. They were unable to ask alot of questions because the documentation said it all. I drilled my fiance like i don't know what. We played CO and beneficiary games every night. It was so funny when he came out of the embassy he said you have grilled me for nothing LOL because they did not ask me none of those questions. I said, well you had to be prepared and which he was.

I know Nigeria like i hear is under alot of scrutiny so my brothers and sisters flood them with evidence, KNOCK THEIR SHOES OFF THEIR FEET ! LOL! and let your SO's be overly prepared so they will dumbfounded to where they will look stupid. Amen!

Great job on your post.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.