6 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello guys,we're filing the AOS soon,now trying to fill up the forms myself,I got few questions from the experts,

1.)Do I use my Family Name before I got Married?or Do I need To put My future husband's family name on the forms?

(e.g)Alexa Gutierez Martenes

Alexa(given name)

Gutieres(mom's maiden name)

Martines(Dad's Family name)

Fiance

(e.g)

Jhon Patrick Pryce

Should I put Alexa Gutierez Pryce(Alexa G. Pryce)

or Alexa Gutierez Martenes:)

2.)where could I find the visa#?is that the one printed close to zipcode?

thanks alot for reading

info are greatly appreciated!!!!

Hello guys,we're filing the AOS soon,now trying to fill up the forms myself,I got few questions from the experts,

1.)Do I use my Family Name before I got Married?or Do I need To put My future husband's family name on the forms?

(e.g)Alexa Gutierez Martenes

Alexa(given name)

Gutieres(mom's maiden name)

Martines(Dad's Family name)

Fiance

(e.g)

Jhon Patrick Pryce

Should I put Alexa Gutierez Pryce(Alexa G. Pryce)

or Alexa Gutierez Martenes:)

2.)where could I find the visa#?is that the one printed close to zipcode?

thanks alot for reading

info are greatly appreciated!!!!

Use the name that's found in your marriage certificate.

The visa number is the red number in your visa.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Moved to adjustment of status from family based visas, you will find all the info in this forum.

If you are taking your husband's name then that's what you want to put down as the last name as they go with what you write down for your green card.

Edited by milimelo

ROC 2009
Naturalization 2010

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Moved to adjustment of status from family based visas, you will find all the info in this forum.

If you are taking your husband's name then that's what you want to put down as the last name as they go with what you write down for your green card.

Guys thanks for the very quick reply,I encountered some more questions if you don't mind,on the EAD form it ask me " family name"first name' and middle name

Should I say

Pryce Alexa Martenes (made my family name when i was single to a middle name)or go with Pryce Alexa Gutierez?

it's confusing as they asked me my "other names include maiden name(should I used my dads family name as my maiden name)or used my mom's maiden name which is I Used as a middle name when I was single?

There's also a question of the PLACE OF LAST US entry,should Iput Chicago OHARE or chicago illinois,

or should I write my state add as my last US entry:)need your help on this thanks alot...

Guys thanks for the very quick reply,I encountered some more questions if you don't mind,on the EAD form it ask me " family name"first name' and middle name

Should I say

Pryce Alexa Martenes (made my family name when i was single to a middle name)or go with Pryce Alexa Gutierez?

it's confusing as they asked me my "other names include maiden name(should I used my dads family name as my maiden name)or used my mom's maiden name which is I Used as a middle name when I was single?

There's also a question of the PLACE OF LAST US entry,should Iput Chicago OHARE or chicago illinois,

or should I write my state add as my last US entry:)need your help on this thanks alot...

about your name, whatever you put in the AOS application will be the name that will appear on your GC. so assuming you want to use your married name now, you should use pryce as your last name.

as for the middle name, here in the states that is actually a second name (if you have one, like Alexa Maria). it doesn't necessarily mean your mother's maiden name, but it's ok to put it as your middle name just the same.

if you use your maiden name (martines) as your new middle name (filipino style) martines, it's ok too.

your choice, both are ok (there is no such thing as the correct american way of doing it)

just make sure though that your new last name is your married name now (pryce)

so you have an idea now on what to put on your EAD (new last name is pryce)

as for the POE it's the state/airport so o'hare, chicago

good luck and god bless! :)

I-129F, AOS, ROC

02-11-2008 Sent out I -129F in mail

02-13-2008 NOA 1

03-14-2008 NOA 2

04-07-2008 Medical exam passed

04-25-2008 Interview, visa aproved, no RFEs!

04-25-2008 Waiting for DELBROS/NSO

05-07-2008 Visa on hand ! Wow, less than 3 months! Thank you Lord!

05-26-2008 POE Detroit, no problems, thank God!

07-01-2008 Married 07-01-08, civil, just us w/ his parents

07-16-2008 Mailed out AOS package

07-19-2008 wedding ceremony

08-19-2008 biometrics appointment

08-25-2008 i-485 touched

09-23-2008 i-485 touched

09-30-2008 i-131 approval notice THANK YOU LORD!!!!

10-04-2008 Received my EAD

10-06-2008 Received my AP...yehey, i can go back to Phil for xmas!

11-14-2008 DMV driving test-passed! thank you Lord!

11-18-2008 Received RI driver's license

11-30-2008 Went home to PHILs for the holidays

12-21-2008 Church wedding!

01-08-2009 AOS Approved! thank you Lord! no interview required!

01-16-2009 Received GC in mail

09-02-2010 Sent out application for ROC

09-08-2010 Received NOA1

09-10-2010 Received Biometrics Notice

10-06-2010 Biometrics

12-06-2010 Approved! Thank you Lord God!

12-11-2010 Received NOA2 and 10-yr GC in the mail =)

N-400

10-03-2011 Sent N-400

10-07-2011 NOA1 date

10-25-2011 Biometrics

12-02-2011 Civics Test/Interview (passed)

04-09-2012 Oathtaking (got my little USA flag and souvenir photo!)

Matthew at 1yr

DSCF6924-2.jpg[/img]

Make sure all your forms use the same version of your name. A former name would be Alexa Gutierez Martenes showing your dad's surname or if you used a middle name like Maria before you married, you can also list Alexa Maria Martenes. List both as former if you ever used them.

Your applications name will be Alexa Gutierez Pryce or Alexa G. Pryce if that's the name you are going to use in the United States on things like your bank account, Social Security, driver's license, leases or whatever. You'll want your green card to match the name you use everyday. You may already have a SS card in your maiden name, but that is easily changed to your green card name. Changing the green card isn't as easy.

Edited by Nich-Nick

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.