6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Got a appointment for our biometrics, but Nigel wants to know if he can just do a walk-in and show up and do it, do you think they allow that????

Thanks.

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hard to say. Some Application Support Centers allow it; some allow it on certain days of the week; some allow it only with a very good reason for not being available at the original appointment, and some don't allow it at all. Where is the biometrics scheduled? Perhaps someone who has had biometrics in the same office can give you more specific details.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Hard to say. Some Application Support Centers allow it; some allow it on certain days of the week; some allow it only with a very good reason for not being available at the original appointment, and some don't allow it at all. Where is the biometrics scheduled? Perhaps someone who has had biometrics in the same office can give you more specific details.

Nigel's appointment is in Tucson, Az, I know Nick and Heather did a walk-in in their Phoenix office from what I read........so, I donno....

b2gel0s1sc.png

We're a April 2009 K1 filer, see our timeline for specifics....:-)

Adjustment of Status

Event Date

Date Filed : 2009-01-31

Date: 2010-02-02

Bio. Appt. : 2010-03-09

EAD received: 2010-04-01

Interview Date 2010-04-29--APPROVED!

VISA IN HAND: 2010-05-28--WAHOOO!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I did a walk-in here in Detroit right after they opened in the morning. Make sure you have a good reason why you need to do the walk-in and cannot make the later appointment, that should help.

The ASC lady gave me a very annoyed look when I asked for the walk-in :girlwerewolf2xn: but hey, I interrupted her sudoku puzzles, so who can blame her...

AOS Timeline:

(in the US since Aug 02, starting on J-1, currently on H-1B)

Sep 4, 2009: US wedding (legal wedding date)

Sep 25, 2009: church wedding in Germany

Dec 21, 2009: case sent to government

Dec 22, 2009: government receipt date

Dec 31, 2009: I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 touched

Jan 3, 2010: NOAs received for I-130, I-131, I-485, I-765 (all dated 12/28/2009), received two copies of each NOA...

Jan 14, 2010: I-130, I-131, I-765 touched

Jan 25, 2010: Biometrics appointment NOA received (dated 1/14/2010) for 02/09/2010

Jan 27, 2010: Biometrics completed at the Detroit ASC (walk-in)

Jan 28, 2010: I-485, I765 touched

Feb 13, 2010: Interview NOA received (dated 2/9/2010) for interview on 3/25/2010 @ Detroit USCIS

Feb 19, 2010: Second interview NOA received (dated 2/16/2010) for interview on 3/31/2010 @ USCIS Detroit

Feb 22, 2010: called USCIS to ask about duplicate NOA, got confirmation that system shows interview date of 3/25

Feb 25, 2010: my firm's immigration law department informed me about a memo they received from USCIS stating that there were problems with duplicate interview appointments

Feb 26, 2010: received letter from USCIS about erroneous interview notice and clarification about correct interview date: 3/25/10

The ASC lady gave me a very annoyed look when I asked for the walk-in :girlwerewolf2xn: but hey, I interrupted her sudoku puzzles, so who can blame her...

PSH!!! Sudoku is for amateurs! But if you interrupted her Ken-Ken puzzles, then that would be awful!!! :D

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

We tried to do a walk-in in Omaha, but were told we could only walk-in AFTER our original appointment. We did that because we were going to be out of town on the day scheduled. It doesn't hurt to try though. Since we were worried about missing our appt, and didn't want to reschedule, we got an infopass appt and at that time were told by the biometrics people that we could only do it after the date of the appt. I would wait a week or two and then just try it. good luck!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.