Coon

Where can I get an AFFIDAVIT OF SINGLE STATUS

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Duh - here's what GUZ says about it -

http://guangzhou.usembassy-china.org.cn/in..._in_china2.html

Lots o nice detail in there, about the 'getting married in China' bits.

Have a read?

**moving this to the China Forum **

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-2 Country: China
Timeline

This is a copy of what I used.

http://www.visaexpress.net/china/singlestatus.htm

07/07/09 : Married

08/18/09: I-130 Sent to Chicago

08/20/09: I-130 Received by USCIS

08/25/09: NOA1

09/22/09: NOA2

10/05/09: Received case# and gave emails

10/07/09: Received DS-3032 and AOS email

10/09/09: Sent DS-3032 email to optin electronic filing

10/15/09: Paid both AOS & IV fees

10/16/09: Received email electronic filing accepted

10/18/09: Sent AOS via email

10/23/09: Received email that AOS was accepted and waiting for IV

10/27/09: Sent IV via email

11/10/09: Signon to payment failure

11/19/09: Received email for interview - December 14th

12/14/09: Approved for Visa

12/16/09: Received Visa

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

By itself, this is useless.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

Interesting - the affadavit presented to me at the USCons in BeiJing had similar wording.

Nicer letter head, though.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 1 year later...
Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have similar problem. I want to get it down at US. I am currently live at San Diego, California. Can someone tell me how to get it done easiest way?

Write a statement that includes your name, date of birth, passport number, employment information, and that you have no direct blood or kinship ties with your fiance(e). Have the statement notarized.

You will then need a certificate from the CA Secretary of State's office that certifies the document. See this page for more information and instructions.

You will then fill out an application for authentication and send the application, your statement, and the certification from the state of CA it to the Chinese Consulate of jurisdiction (I believe that would be LA since you are in San Diego). See this page for more information and instructions.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I just downloaded the Chinese Consulate Affidavit of Single status, had it notarized locally and then sent that notarization to the Secretary of State (CA) and got it notarized again, and brought it to the Chinese Consulate for notarization and autorization. I then took it to China to the local Hukou and they accepted it. They did not bother with my certified copy/notarized divorce decree which was also notarized and given a seal from the consulate, They did not even want to review it or accept it. and just approved my marriage.

Timeline

Hi again.

I have a very important question.

If I were to marry in China what do I need?

and where can I find the AFFIDAVIT OF SINGLE STATUS ?

Can you help.

Thanks.

Craig!!

Do you mean to get it in China or US?

I needed to go to Chinese Consulate in US to get my affidavit of single status stamped. I brought my notarized affidavit and my divorced paper (stamped by Secretory of State) and paid $50 at the Consulate to get the paper work done.

Timeline

I just downloaded the Chinese Consulate Affidavit of Single status, had it notarized locally and then sent that notarization to the Secretary of State (CA) and got it notarized again, and brought it to the Chinese Consulate for notarization and autorization. I then took it to China to the local Hukou and they accepted it. They did not bother with my certified copy/notarized divorce decree which was also notarized and given a seal from the consulate, They did not even want to review it or accept it. and just approved my marriage.

Yeah, at the 安徽省级民政局,涉外婚姻登记处 in Hefei, we registered to get married, they need that Chinese Consulate stamped affidavit. I forgot if they need to look at my Secretory of State stamped divorced paper or not.

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

You'll also want to get the affidavit of single status translated by a certified translator in whatever city you get married. Not 100% sure that is required, but I know we had to give over the translated copy. I got my divorce papers certified by the chinese consulate in houston as well, but we didn't need these for the marriage bureau.

Service Center : California Service Center
Consulate : Guangzhou, China
Marriage (if applicable): 2010-04-26
I-130 Sent : 2010-06-01
I-130 NOA1 : 2010-06-08
I-130 RFE : 2010-11-05
I-130 RFE Sent : 2010-11-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-11-10
NVC Received CaseFile: 2010-11-16
NVC Casefile Number Issued: 2010-11-22
Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2010-11-23
OPTIN EMAIL SENT TO NVC: 2010-11-23
OPTIN ACCEPTED by NVC: 2010-12-14
Pay I-864 Bill 2010-11-23
Receive I-864 Package : 2010-11-23
Return Completed I-864 : 2011-03-30
Return Completed DS-3032 : 2010-11-23
Receive IV Bill : 2010-12-17
Pay IV Bill : 2011-03-16
AOS CoverSheets Generated: 2010-11-27
IV Fee Bill marked as PAID: 2011-03-18
IV CoverSheets Generated: 2011-03-18
IV email packet sent: 2011-04-4
NVC reports 'Case Completed': 2011-5-2
'Sign in Fail' at the Online Payment Portal: 2011-5-2
Final Review Started at NVC: 2011-5-2
Final Review Completed at NVC: ????
Interview Date Set: 2011-5-5
Appointment Letter Received via Email: 2011-5-6
Interview Date: 2011-6-1
Approved!!!!!

I-751 Sent : 2013-07-02

I-751 Bio Appointment Date 2013-08-02

10 Year Green Card Approved!!!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I have similar problem. I want to get it down at US. I am currently live at San Diego, California. Can someone tell me how to get it done easiest way?

If you want to see the exact process I used I would be happy to send you my actual scanned docs and how exactly I did it if you reply provately or email me poolman802 at gmail.com

USA NATURALIZATION CITIZEN :-------------------------------------------------------
08-13-2014 - N-400 mailed priority Phoenix lockbox
08-1x-2014 - N-400 package accepted

08-20-2014 - Check cashed

09-xx-2014 - NOA bio-metrics appointment

09-18-2014 - Bio-metrics appointment Columbus office

09-22-2014 - NOA letter scheduled interview 10-30-2014

10-30-2014 - Naturalization interview and test Columbus Ohio office.

Application changed to five year as mark reached while waiting for interview

Passed civic test and interview recommends approval !!!

10-30-2014 - NOA hand letter stating recommendation for approval and wait for letter of approval and oath
11-13-2014 - Case Status updated "We scheduled your oath ceremony"

11-14-2014 - NOA letter final interview and oath Tuesday 11-25-2014

11-25-2014 - Final red tape and oath ceremony Columbus, Ohio Officially a US Citizen!!!

- Applied US Passport at local post office

08-2016 - Received 10 year Q2 visa to visit China as a US citizen

• 10 months later...

while researching CR1 process, I had to ask about this. Getting an AFFIDAVIT OF SINGLE STATUS is possible in NY, according to someone who got approved on CR1.

If you're single, write up a document stating your status. Get the document notarized. Bring it to City Hall or County Clerk's office to have it certified.

If you were married, get the document from City Hall/County Clerk's - make sure it's official & all.

Bring a copy of the certified document to the Chinese Embassy where they would approve & translated the copy.

I can't say for certain if other Chinese Embassy offices are willing to do this, as I was told about this process from someone who had it done in NYC.

But if it was me, I would try to get it this way while at home in NY, since doing it in China would mean having Shanghai as an extra stop. Worse case scenario, the NY Chinese Embassy doesn't do it, and I'd go to Shanghai by myself anyway.

I am in the US and can get my Marriageability Affidavit from the county clerk's office right now (August). I am getting married in January. Do I need to get the affidavit translated? And must it be at the Embassy or can it be done locally in Nanchang, China?

Since I am going to Beijing in January, if I have to go to the US Embassy in China, I will probably do it there.

If I do have to go to the US Embassy in Beijing, is there an advantage to getting the English copy of my Marriageability affidavit in the clerk's office instead of at the US Embassy in Beijing especially if I have to get it translated anyway at the US embassy in China?

Finally, how many hours does the process take to do this? The Guangzhou office said it was $50 dollars. Is it the same fee in beijing

Basics

January 10, 2011 Began Dating

January 20, 2012 Engaged

January 19, 2013 Married

Living in China

Process

Feb 19, 2019  I-130 Filed in Beijing

April 16, 2019   I-130 Approved

Awaiting Interview Information

Timeline

The US Embassy in China does not do translations.

Timeline

--review post #7, if you wish to 'get it done' in China, fwiw.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I am in the US and can get my Marriageability Affidavit from the county clerk's office right now (August). I am getting married in January. Do I need to get the affidavit translated? And must it be at the Embassy or can it be done locally in Nanchang, China?

Since I am going to Beijing in January, if I have to go to the US Embassy in China, I will probably do it there.

If I do have to go to the US Embassy in Beijing, is there an advantage to getting the English copy of my Marriageability affidavit in the clerk's office instead of at the US Embassy in Beijing especially if I have to get it translated anyway at the US embassy in China?

Finally, how many hours does the process take to do this? The Guangzhou office said it was $50 dollars. Is it the same fee in beijing

Welcome to the forum.

The member that you quote has not been active for over two years!

Rather than restart a thread that is two years old, why not start a new thread with your inquiry? :unsure:

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.