tali

Jamaica meets North Carolina

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Hey Belize,

Yes, Do come on in to the yardie thread. My husband is from Guyana, which HE consider also "the caribbean" and since it was the closest I could come to actually making friends in any of the forums, it felt so much more like family than anywhere else. So I just sort of came in and made myself at home. :lol:

I ramble and I am not sure anyone reads ALL of what I say, but I consider them all "family". :yes:

Jill

Timeline

May 15th Lake arrived NYC on tourist visa

6-15-05 Flew NCY to "fetch" Lake for visit here

8-17-05 He Proposed!

8-24-05 MARRIED!

9- 1-05 - SENT AOS, EAD, AP, & ETC

9-12-05 NOA1 - FOR I-130, I-145, & AP, EAD

10-5-05 RFE for Birth C. & medical

10-24-05 GOT LEARNERS PERMIT

11-3-05 DRIVERS LICENSE :)

11-16-05 overnited RFE

11-17-05 Rcvd NOA2 for EAD, bio set for 12-5-05

11-25-05 Recvd AOS bio letter, apptmt for 12-14-05

12-5-05 Biometrics (they did BOTH!)

Infopass, got temp EAD, AP no luck

12-6-05 Applied for SSN, not in system

12-10-05 AP finally arrives!

12-11-05 1 year EAD card!

12-23-05 Interview letter arrives! 3-3-06

1-17-06 SSN arrives!!

3-3-06 Interview-APPROVED! Passport stamped :)

3-14-06 Green card arrives!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

Right on...yeah i was reading in one thread that the wife had thrown a party for her man and cooked mac n cheese, mashed potatoes, etc...and i was sooooo thinking about belizean food haha....so my best friend went out and bought me a crock pot so i can still do my full-time job and cook all the comfort foods at the same time! ha...my mother-in-law is a cook, so i figure food will be a big way to stay connected to family and belize in general...the only twist in belize is that there are many spanish and mayan people, so there are lots of tortillas [which i don't know if people eat or make in Jamaica]....so I can make some serious tortillas...

Luckily, if I do the cooking, he does the cleaning, even when we used to live out in the bush with no electricity or anything and he'd be scrubbing away into the evening...hehehe...

Hey Belize,

Yes, Do come on in to the yardie thread. My husband is from Guyana, which HE consider also "the caribbean" and since it was the closest I could come to actually making friends in any of the forums, it felt so much more like family than anywhere else. So I just sort of came in and made myself at home. :lol:

I ramble and I am not sure anyone reads ALL of what I say, but I consider them all "family". :yes:

Jill

I-130 Sent: 4/3/2006

I-130 NOA1 Received: 4/10/2006

I-130 NOA2 Received: 7/17/06

NVC Received/Case Number Assigned: 7/25/06

AOS Fee Bill & DS-3032 Received: 8/14/06

AOS Fee Bill & DS-3032 Sent: 8/15/06 [uSING JAME'S SHORT CUTS]

NVC Revieved and Responded to our

"Choice of Agent": 8/17/06

--

I-129F Sent: 5/19/2006

Received by USCIS: 5/22/06 –CHECK CASHED on 5/25/06

*touched* 5/27/06

*touched* 6/1/06

*touched* 6/12/06

1-129F NOA2 Received: 8/3/06

Sent to the Embassy in Belize! 8/7/06?

Steven Picked up Packet 3 DIRECTLY at the embassy 8/18/06

Steven completed his background check and medical: 8/26/06

Interview supposed to be 8/28/06 but had to be rescheduled

Interview: 9/12/06: GOT THE VISA WOOOHOOOOOO!!!!

FLYING TO THE USA: 9/13/06

.png

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
So I just sort of came in and made myself at home. :lol:

Jill

:lol::lol::whistle: U R Loved anyway. :D

Edited by Elizabethnhenry

AOS, EAD - 115 days from mailing AOS to conditional Green Card in Hand

06-07-08 - File to remove conditions

4/28/09 - Moved to CSC

06-20-09- Received 10 year Greencard

Citizenship

07-09-09 - Filed N-400

Joel 2:25 (Amplified Bible) And I will restore or replace for you the years that the locust has eaten--the hopping locust, the stripping locust, and the crawling locust, My great army which I sent among you.

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.