nick25

Missed Biometrics Appointment

18 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Understandable...but Vanessa has no experience with the question asked so why is she answering it with falsified information. Does it not concern you that the forum is filled with misinformation from people who seem intent inciting hysteria.

To add to this i was asked a few weeks back by visa medical doctor whether i read 'that forum,' becuase she said people using the site always came to their appointments scared out of their wits.

I'm not answering with false information. This is all perfectly valid information. Not one ounce of it was false. I told you you "could" be in trouble. I said "I didn't know if you could just walk in" and then told you to call someone. I told you that people DO get into trouble and THEY DO.

Please point out the false info so I can delete it.

Edited by Vanessa&Tony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I also missed my biometrics appointment.. I received the notice 3 hours after my appointment happened. I contacted the USCIS 1800 number and they told me to reschedule by mail and include a letter explaining my situation. They also told me that service centers no longer accept walk ins.

Soo... I drove the 4 hours to the office in New Orleans two days later and begged them to take me as a walk in. Heh. The girl at the counter rolled her eyes and acted all irritated about it but she admitted me without a problem and I got my interview notice not to long after.

Good luck!

• 2 years later...

Missed my biometrics appointment in Michigan because i didn't receive the appointment notice letter until the day after because i was away on vacation.

Should i attempt to do a walk-in on Tuesday - apparently ASC's arent open on Saturdays any more and Monday is a Federal holiday.

Or should i simply try and re-schedule by mail?

Will this directly affect an application for travel seeing as the I-131 does not require biometircs?

This case is probably solved a long time ago, but just for further information.

I missed my biometrics appointment too, for the same reason. I sent my application for naturalization 2 days before living. I never thought that in 3 weeks the biometrics appointment would be scheduled. I was back 3 days after my appointment. So, the first thing I did the next morning was to walked-in to my local CIS. I wait in line like 2 minutes, told her that my appointment was 4 days ago, and she said that was ok. I did my biometrics in less than an hour. Blessings for everyone.

Edited by XoO

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.