faal4anisa

Is USCIS operator information had credibility or true?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Pakistan
Timeline

My fiance called me last night and told me that she called at the USCIS CUSTOMER SERVICE and there operator replied with reference to our case number that we have been approved but on ONLINE STATUS IT SHOWS STILL

Application Type: I129F, PETITION FOR FIANCE(E)

Current Status:

On July 18, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

The OPERATOR told if u dont get letter until 18 AUGUST contact us

so what it means that the information provided by the USCIS operation is true and had credibility i hope the information they give to the petitioner is true and dont make false statement

Still her information creates ambiguity in our mind so help me out with ur views :huh:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
My fiance called me last night and told me that she called at the USCIS CUSTOMER SERVICE and there operator replied with reference to our case number that we have been approved but on ONLINE STATUS IT SHOWS STILL

Current Status:

On July 18, 2006, the document we made based on the approval or registration of this case was mailed directly to the person to whom issued.

so what it means that the information provided by the USCIS operation is true and had credibility i hope the information they give to the petitioner is true and dont make false statement

Still her information creates ambiguity in our mind so help me out with ur views :huh:

Again, what we have seen so far on VJ is that this message means they did receive your RFE response. Other than that, we haven't seen any cases so far where this message meant approval - they send a different message indicating "This petition has been approved" when that is the case. It is certainly possible that the USCIS operator made a mistake - that's why they call it the "misinformation" line. Good luck.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=24158

Those cutomer service people don't know what the hell is going on. It's not their fault, nobody ever tells them anything. Like when I called about my case being transferred to CSC, none of them had any idea all the I129's were going to CSC (except Vermont of course) and in turn had no idea why mine had been transferred.. :huh:

Edited by Dean iWait

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

DEAN AND SHERYL

Filed: Timeline

Current Status:

so what it means is that if the information provided by the USCIS operator is true and had credibility i hope the information they give to the petitioner is true and dont make false statement

And what, if I may ask, would the operator gain by lying and making false statements to you? Why would he/she even do something like that to begin with, on such a serious matter?

Edited by dmartmar

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
And what, if I may ask, would the operator gain by lying and making false statements to you? Why would he/she even do something like that to begin with, on such a serious matter?

A USCIS operator wouldn't lie or make false statements with the motive of gaining something - not sure where you go that idea. More likely, she does not know the meaning of the cryptic email herself so she speculated that perhaps it meant approval. However, since we here have seen this email over and over and over after an RFE has been returned, and those people did not actually receive an approval letter shortly thereafter, we are probably a more accurate source of information than the operator.

Look for something in writing, such as an e-mail or an update on your USCIS account.

Based on what I have experienced and heard, I would question the time of day, if provided by USCIS on the phone. Ignorance and misinformation is rampant!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.