mbmw

Request for Evidence Question.

14 posts in this topic

Hi All,

Good t be back to Visa Journey, another journey this time.

So I sent in my N-400 application on the 15th of January, Received a notice back on the 22nd of the same month saying that the application was received.

While checking the status online, I see that they sent me a letter on the 29th requesting more evidence, that's OK because I didn't send any evidence in the initial application so I was expecting that anyway, I have everything ready to mail; However, the RFE was mailed to me on the 29th and is still not here, I received the Biometric finger print letter today and that was sent on the 2nd of February.

So the evidence letter was sent a week earlier than the finger print letter but still hasn't arrived? Should I call customer service this early or just wait another week?

Thanks for your input.

Edited by mbmw

Filed: Other Timeline

The RFE letter was the "fingerprint" letter. You did the biometrics, which is how you submitted the requested evidence. The next letter you will receive is the interview letter. The online system is notoriously unreliable. Simple as that.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Hi All,

Good t be back to Visa Journey, another journey this time.

So I sent in my N-400 application on the 15th of January, Received a notice back on the 22nd of the same month saying that the application was received.

While checking the status online, I see that they sent me a letter on the 29th requesting more evidence, that's OK because I didn't send any evidence in the initial application so I was expecting that anyway, I have everything ready to mail; However, the RFE was mailed to me on the 29th and is still not here, I received the Biometric finger print letter today and that was sent on the 2nd of February.

So the evidence letter was sent a week earlier than the finger print letter but still hasn't arrived? Should I call customer service this early or just wait another week?

Thanks for your input.

I Think the RFE is the Biometric letter and you received it. I read that most of people receiving same email but it turn out the biometric letter. anyway if u want to make sure call customer service or make infopass and go to your local office .

Good luck

Hicham.

February 01, 2010 Filed N-400 Citizenship.

February 08, 2010 Check Cashed.

February 10, 2010 NOA.

February 17, 2010 RFE Email.

February 22, 2010 Biometric Letter Received.

March 03, 2010 Biometric done.

March 13, 2010 Yellow Letter Received.

March 23, 2010 Email ( case transferred to local office for interview.

March 25, 2010 Interview Letter Arrived.

April 29, 2010 Interview (Rescheduled)

May 24, 2010 Interview (Passed)

June 17, 2010 Oath Letter Received

July 14, 2010 Oath Date ...........

July 14, 2010 DONE

That's exactly what I was thinking, but the notice date on the Biometric application is the February 2nd, while the supposed notice date on the RFE is the 29th of January. And I only sent in the application, the check, and pictures. No Marriage certs, Taxes, Etc.. and this is a marriage based.

Thanks all

That's exactly what I was thinking, but the notice date on the Biometric application is the February 2nd, while the supposed notice date on the RFE is the 29th of January. And I only sent in the application, the check, and pictures. No Marriage certs, Taxes, Etc.. and this is marriage based.

Thanks all

Edited by mbmw

I Think the RFE is the Biometric letter and you received it. I read that most of people receiving same email but it turn out the biometric letter. anyway if u want to make sure call customer service or make infopass and go to your local office .

Good luck

Hicham.

Lay Hfdak khouya, Just want to make sure, can't snooze on something like this.

Marouane

That's exactly what I was thinking, but the notice date on the Biometric application is the February 2nd, while the supposed notice date on the RFE is the 29th of January. And I only sent in the application, the check, and pictures. No Marriage certs, Taxes, Etc.. and this is a marriage based.

Thanks all

That's exactly what I was thinking, but the notice date on the Biometric application is the February 2nd, while the supposed notice date on the RFE is the 29th of January. And I only sent in the application, the check, and pictures. No Marriage certs, Taxes, Etc.. and this is marriage based.

Thanks all

There could be another explanation, which is the RFE would come from a different location than the biometrics.

That being said, the online system is not really accurate - and the date they claim online may not necessarily be what you see on your letters.

If you are really concerned about it, then you can schedule an infopass appointment and have them check into it. You can try to call their customer service line but I don't think that would be helpful.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

There could be another explanation, which is the RFE would come from a different location than the biometrics.

That being said, the online system is not really accurate - and the date they claim online may not necessarily be what you see on your letters.

If you are really concerned about it, then you can schedule an infopass appointment and have them check into it. You can try to call their customer service line but I don't think that would be helpful.

I agree the infopass in the best way. I appreciate the help.

I had the same thing happen with the same dates. I called USCIS and the girl said I would have to wait 15 days and then call back and they would mail me the RFE letter again. I asked her to connect me to an Immigration Officer. She said she would, but I would get the same answer.

I got connected to a nice man and he told me that the N400 was new to the tracking system at USCIS. He said the letter online was for the Biometrics. He said that was what was automatically generated and they were aware of the problem. He doesn't know when they will fix it.

It really scares you when you get the Biometrics letter, register on USCIS, and then see the RFE letter they said they mailed you and you never received it. It states they need additional information which is in the letter they mailed you and if you do not comply, your case will be closed. It also states your cases is suspended until you send in the requested information.

I hope I can believe the IO and it is only their attempt to say you have to comply with the Biometrics appointment.

Russian Fiancee - Moscow Embassy

1/27/06 Mailed I-129F to TSC and forwarded to CSC for K-1 & K-2 Visa

2/1/06 CSC received I-129F

2/7/06 Received NOA1 TSC

4/14/06 I-129F Approved

4/25/06 Received NOA2 TSC

5/12/06 Received at NVC

5/18/06 Mailed to US Embassy, Moscow

8/9/06 Physical Exams for K-1 & K-2

8/11/06 Interview Scheduled

8/11/06 VISA APPROVED

8/17/06 Visa Received

9/12/06 Flight from SVO

12/09/06 MARRIED

2/16/07 Mailed AOS, EAD, and AP

3/15/07 Biometrics scheduled (Had to Re-schedule)

3/22/07 Biometrics completed for K-1 & K-2

4/11/07 Received phone call from USCIS, Interview Scheduled, FBI check completed

4/16/07 AOS Interview, passed pending I-693A

4/16/07 Civil Surgeon completed I-693A, I-693A submitted to USCIS office

4/18/07 Notice mailed welcoming New Permanent Resident

4/19/07 Card production ordered for K-1 & K-2

4/25/07 2 Year Green Card Received dated 4/17/07

1/21/09 Mailed I-751 to VSC for K-1 & K-2

1/24/09 VSC Received I-751

1/31/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Wife

2/20/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Wife, Appt 3/2/09 Completed

2/20/09 I-797C, Notice of Action Received for Step-daughter

2/24/09 Biometrics Letter Received for Step-daughter Appt 3/10/09 Completed

3/2/09 Mailed Wife's Passport to Houston for Renewal - Received 6/5/09

9/15/09 Interview at New Orleans Field Office

1/19/10 Eligible to file N-400 for Citizenship

I had the same thing happen with the same dates. I called USCIS and the girl said I would have to wait 15 days and then call back and they would mail me the RFE letter again. I asked her to connect me to an Immigration Officer. She said she would, but I would get the same answer.

I got connected to a nice man and he told me that the N400 was new to the tracking system at USCIS. He said the letter online was for the Biometrics. He said that was what was automatically generated and they were aware of the problem. He doesn't know when they will fix it.

It really scares you when you get the Biometrics letter, register on USCIS, and then see the RFE letter they said they mailed you and you never received it. It states they need additional information which is in the letter they mailed you and if you do not comply, your case will be closed. It also states your cases is suspended until you send in the requested information.

I hope I can believe the IO and it is only their attempt to say you have to comply with the Biometrics appointment.

Thanks John, This is great info. Seems to be the biometrics letter, i still have to do my due diligence and call as well.

Thanks again.

Thanks John, This is great info. Seems to be the biometrics letter, i still have to do my due diligence and call as well.

My said the same thing, that the application will be in suspense until the evidence is sent, and that is i don't send the evidence within a certain time my application will be considered abandoned.

Thanks again.

I called customer service to check, and they said that they have been been getting many complaints and questions about this, and it's due to the new system not being 100% accurate.

They have a system in place now to check if it was just the Biometrics letter, or an actual RFE, I have to call 15 days after the date of the supposed RFE.

I called customer service to check, and they said that they have been been getting many complaints and questions about this, and it's due to the new system not being 100% accurate.

They have a system in place now to check if it was just the Biometrics letter, or an actual RFE, I have to call 15 days after the date of the supposed RFE.

Same old #######....The only system which is messed up is there's :whistle:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Ok, this is my advice. You have to send the evidence that you have; however, the evidence that is the most updated, of course. You have to send the same papers that you sent for your green card with your wife if your green card was given through that way. Therefore, you have to send copies of insurance, bank statements, your new green card with 2 copies: 1 copy of the front and 1 copy of the rear side. Both the 2 copies of your 10 year green card and this I almost forget to tell you: 2 photos American Passport style and size are the requirements. Now, you can send if you want, copies of statement where you appears with your husband; and of course, it is better that it comes with your address, too. Thanks,

Ok, this is my advice. You have to send the evidence that you have; however, the evidence that is the most updated, of course. You have to send the same papers that you sent for your green card with your wife if your green card was given through that way. Therefore, you have to send copies of insurance, bank statements, your new green card with 2 copies: 1 copy of the front and 1 copy of the rear side. Both the 2 copies of your 10 year green card and this I almost forget to tell you: 2 photos American Passport style and size are the requirements. Now, you can send if you want, copies of statement where you appears with your husband; and of course, it is better that it comes with your address, too. Thanks,

Thank you so much, I'm the husband by the way.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.