8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

We had AOS paperwork and packet ready to go, my mother (thinking she was doing us a favor) dropped it in the REGULAR mail. She dropped it in the mail on January 19th and we've still not received anything from Texas confirming that they've received our packet. My husband's 90 days was up on January 23. We have NO way of tracking it or finding out for sure if they've received it. Should we wait a few more weeks? or file again and send it certified like it should have been originally?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldn't panic quite yet. We sent all our paperwork to USCIS by regular mail with no problems whatsoever.

I would give it a few more weeks, and then I would schedule an InfoPass appointment to see if they can tell you what's going on. I definitely wouldn't mail another package because that could cause all kinds of confusion.

Good luck.

"THE SHORT STORY"

KURT & RAYMA (K-1 Visa)

Oct. 9/03... I-129F sent to NSC

June 10/04... K-1 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

July 31/04... Entered U.S.

Aug. 28/04... WEDDING DAY!!!!

Aug. 30/04... I-485, I-765 & I-131 sent to Seattle

Dec. 10/04... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport stamped)

Sept. 9/06... I-751 sent to NSC

May 15/07... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Sept. 13/07... N-400 sent to NSC

Aug. 21/08... Interview - PASSED!!!!

Sept. 2/08... Oath Ceremony

Sept. 5/08... Sent in Voter Registration Card

Sept. 9/08... SSA office to change status to "U.S. citizen"

Oct. 8/08... Applied in person for U.S. Passport

Oct. 22/08... U.S. Passport received

DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!! DONE!!!

KAELY (K-2 Visa)

Apr. 6/05... DS-230, Part I faxed to Vancouver Consulate

May 26/05... K-2 Interview - APPROVED!!!!

Sept. 5/05... Entered U.S.

Sept. 7/05... I-485 & I-131 sent to CLB

Feb. 22/06... AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!!! (Passport NOT stamped)

Dec. 4/07... I-751 sent to NSC

May 23/08... 10-Yr. PR Card arrives in the mail

Mar. 22/11.... N-400 sent to AZ

June 27/11..... Interview - PASSED!!!

July 12/11..... Oath Ceremony

We're NOT lawyers.... just your average folks who had to find their own way!!!!! Anything we post here is simply our own opinions/suggestions/experiences and should not be taken as LAW!!!!

Timeline
I wouldn't panic quite yet. We sent all our paperwork to USCIS by regular mail with no problems whatsoever.

I would give it a few more weeks, and then I would schedule an InfoPass appointment to see if they can tell you what's going on. I definitely wouldn't mail another package because that could cause all kinds of confusion.

Good luck.

Ok thanks, guess we are just in a panic due to the fact we have not heard anything as in the form of a receipt and my Husband is now out of status or would be classed if it is lost in the post......sorry for the panic.

Thanks for your reply

How did you pay?

If you paid by cheque you will see the money go out before you get your NOA.

Good luck and hope you hear something soon.

Luke and Deanna

us_uk_flag-1.jpg

Our Timeline...
06-03-2007. Met Online
07-09-2007. Met in Person in the US
07-04-2008. WE GOT ENGAGED!!!

I-129F Timeline...

12-15-2008. Sent I-129F Petition to CSC
12-18-2008. NOA1. Money order cashed
05-22-2009. NOA2 APPROVED!
09-16-2009. Medical
09-28-2009. Interview. APPROVED!!!
10-06-2009. Visa received
10-10-2009. U.S. Entry
11-07-2009. Wedding

AOS Timeline...
11-30-2009. Sent AOS
12-07-2009. NOA1
01-07-2010. Biometrics appointment
01-12-2010. Transferred to CSC
02-17-2010. I-485 Card Production Ordered & Welcome Notice Sent
02-26-2010. GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!!

ROC Timeline...
12-28-2011. Sent ROC
12-29-2011. NOA1
02-15-2012. Biometrics appointment (Walk in on 01-26-2012)
06-06-2012. ROC APPROVED!!!
06-19-2012. 10 YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!!

Citizenship Timeline...
11-27-2012. Sent N-400
11-29-2012. NOA1
12-28-2012. Biometrics appointment
01-11-2013. In line for interview
01-28-2013. Notice of Interview Scheduled (Letter in mailbox 02-01-3013)
03-01-2013. Interview
05-08-2013. OATH DATE!
IM A CITIZEN!!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Texas? The guides here say Chicago http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Maybe the Guide is outdated? What version of the form did you use ? (expiration date thingie )

In the instructions - there is an address for Mesquite, TX, but that is ONLY to be used if there is an I-140, and I don't think you have that.

Have a read - http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

And suggest you prep another AOS packet this weekend.

If you don't hear back from the Mesquite Office (most likely they will mail it all back to you, end of 60 days ) on a mis-mailing by NEXT WEEKEND, then send in the AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox.

RE: those 90 days. As long as you two were married within 90 days of the POE date - you are OK.

USCIS does not, repeat NOT, expect you to file the AOS package within 90 days of the POE date.

Some ppl wait up to 6 months before filing, without any problems.

Edited by Darnell

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Texas? The guides here say Chicago http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=k1k3aos

Maybe the Guide is outdated? What version of the form did you use ? (expiration date thingie )

In the instructions - there is an address for Mesquite, TX, but that is ONLY to be used if there is an I-140, and I don't think you have that.

Have a read - http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-485instr.pdf

And suggest you prep another AOS packet this weekend.

If you don't hear back from the Mesquite Office (most likely they will mail it all back to you, end of 60 days ) on a mis-mailing by NEXT WEEKEND, then send in the AOS package to the Chicago Lockbox.

RE: those 90 days. As long as you two were married within 90 days of the POE date - you are OK.

USCIS does not, repeat NOT, expect you to file the AOS package within 90 days of the POE date.

Some ppl wait up to 6 months before filing, without any problems. :thumbs:

Darnell has said it all. Follow that. I hope you resolve this fast.

17276-hobbes55_large.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Hey - any news? WASSUP?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline
Hey - any news? WASSUP?

Thanks Darnell

We got in touch with the office and instructed them of our dilema, they said they would

put a note on the system to reject our original one if and when it comes through to them

and we would re submit the new packet to them, which we did.

Three days after re submitting, we received a letter from them informing us that the original one

had come through and was being denied, a few days later we got another couple of leters this

time with the reference numbers on them to track their process on line.

Now i guess it is a waiting game now....

thanks again for all your help.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.