elmcitymaven

UK DCF -- the ins and outs and ups and downs

309 posts in this topic

Good news, thanks for the help.

I think the 129-F is probably a matter for a new topic as it isn't likely to apply to most people. Would have thought the comingling thing comes up more often though.

Relaxing a bit now :)

Wish I could help more with the comingling assets question, but I'm sure you'll find a way to explain it. Lots of couples keep separate accounts, so I can't imagine you're the only ones. If you have utility bills in your joint names, there's some good evidence. :) Are both of your names on the council tax bill? If you live in a flat, could your landlord provide a letter that says you are resident there together?

For the question about the 129-F, I would just explain it to them honestly-- I'm sure they just want a clear picture of the history from you, and your explanation sounds reasonable. Good luck! I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Thanks ^^

Yea I keep forgetting they are real people at times. We've kept seperate names because of her Passport but her name is still on council tax and bills. As for bank accounts we didn't see much need given that we'd be moving back to the states so it will probably help us with the domicile thing in the future anyway.

Matt, we were asked for similar "proofs" as part of an RFE. In fact, we were the first London DCFers on VJ who were! What fun it was trying to figure out what the bleep they wanted when there was no VJ precedent...mad.gif Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about having separate accounts and not having both your names on a lot of bills. My husband wasn't on the lease since I was the one who rented the flat before he moved in, and it was a hassle to have the lease changed just for that. Same with bills, although he was on the council tax bill (mostly so I could get the 25% discount). We provided photocopies of our individual bank statements and other bills to show we were having things delivered to the same address. We also threw in a copy of the wedding reception invite, some greeting cards and about 15 photos. More than enough. The NOA2 was issued the day the package was received by London.

Here's the link to what I posted at the time: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/64148-rfe-rant/

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Once my spouse enters the US, is he free to travel outside the US right away? I think this is the case, even before the green card is received (I though he could travel on the stamped , but I wanted to see if anyone knows for sure.

Thanks for any info!

(by the way, we've got the medical scheduled for April 21, and based on other peoples' timelines, I hope the interview will be in a month after that...hopefully! We sent in Packet 3 on March 22)

Yep, right away. The endorsed visa acts as a temporary green card, good for up to 12 months. He could get processed, pick up his bags, and immediately get on another flight out of the country!

London seems to be slowing down again, which is interesting. When we filed three years ago, the typical DCF case took 5 months (I think ours was 5 months and 4 days? And that was with an RFE on the I-130). Last year, it was taking just over three months which filled me with jealous RAGE!!! (Just kidding.tongue.gif) Historically, over the 5 years or so of cases available on VJ it has averaged 4-6 months. Sometimes slower, and less frequently faster, but pretty much always in that timeframe.

Yep, right away. The endorsed visa acts as a temporary green card, good for up to 12 months. He could get processed, pick up his bags, and immediately get on another flight out of the country!

London seems to be slowing down again, which is interesting. When we filed three years ago, the typical DCF case took 5 months (I think ours was 5 months and 4 days? And that was with an RFE on the I-130). Last year, it was taking just over three months which filled me with jealous RAGE!!! (Just kidding.tongue.gif) Historically, over the 5 years or so of cases available on VJ it has averaged 4-6 months. Sometimes slower, and less frequently faster, but pretty much always in that timeframe.

Thanks for that. It looks like we'll come in right on average schedule at about 5 months, barring anything going wrong (don't be too jealous! I was hoping it would be faster; I've been separated from my husband since mid-January, as I had to go to NY for my job. Not ideal for newlyweds. But I suppose thanks to everyone here, I knew more or less what to expect...)

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi

Sending in I-130 for DH soon, and maybe also for step-daughter (she can't decide). Just wondering about travel to the US once we have filed the I-130. We are taking a trip over in about three or four weeks - only for two weeks - to see about my parents. Will he have problems getting into the country if we have begun DCF? Will it hinder anything in our process?

Thanks!!!

Hello all,

So hubby flew back to the US today to start his new job and move in with his brother for a while. I had my medical last Tuesday and I am now waiting for my interview letter so I am hoping we will be apart for only 4 - 6 weeks which is a lot less than most of you, I know. Still tough though after 6 years of not being apart!:crying:

Anyway, not sure if I am posting this in the right place but I was wondering if any of you that have immigrated to the US from the UK can suggest a shipping company. It is only to ship paperwork, photo albums and books etc. I dont mind how long it takes as its not urgent stuff and it will only be a couple of boxes but a lot of it is books so quite heavy.

Any suggestions would be great,

good luck everyone

Stacey

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

I just found this thread, and I am glad that I did. We've got our interview on April 16th. I see that londonhornet does as well. I've just caught up reading the last 8 pages, and I thought of a question to ask you all.

We've been married a year and 2 months, and I've been in England a year and 1 month. Do I need to take proof of our relationship? I did not think so, but as the date gets closer, I've started to worry. I know I can always take more and not use it, but with three applications I don't want to tick them off bumbling through papers trying to find something, either.

I need to sit down and organize all the papers. My husband and two step children are applying, so there are so many copies of everything, because they have their own case numbers they need their own copies of everything. Part of me thinks they do not, but the other part of me does not want us to get denied because I don't make enough copies.

I'm glad I found this thread. It definitely helps to know we aren't alone in the process, doesn't it?

-Jenny

Our Timeline:

September 30, 2007 - I joined a country music website that he ran

March, 2008 - Started chatting online

October 15-27, 2008 - I came to the UK to visit, got engaged during surprise trip to Paris

February 14, 2009 - Married in Virginia

February 28, 2009 - Passport with new name arrived

March 3, 2009 - Biometrics appointment, Fed-Ex'd Spousal VISA package to courier

March 5, 2009 - Courier delivered to Embassy in LA

March 6, 2009 - VISA approved

March 7, 2009 - VISA in hand, bought airline ticket

March 8, 2009 - Arrived in U.K.

October 2009 - Decided to move family to the US

November 6, 2009 - Mailed I-130 to London

November 10, 2009 - NOA1

December 24, 2009 - NOA2

January 6, 2010 - Packet 3 received

January 13, 2010 - DS-2001 mailed

January 25, 2010 - Medicals completed

April 16, 2010 - Interview - It's a YES!

June 7, 2010 - Move to Virginia!

http://jennysadventuresinengland.blogspot.com

March 29, 2011 - Husband walked out on our marriage

April 29, 2011 - Husband moved himself and the children to Wyoming to be with the best woman from our wedding, who he'd only met the one time, at our wedding

December 14, 2011 - Divorce finalized

Hellojulie has posted a really thorough review of her DCF interview over in the UK sub-forum, but I thought I'd link to it here: Julie's DCF review It might be useful to have a look at because she talks a little about what she used to prove domicile.

How's everyone slogging along these days? See we have some new people on this thread -- welcome! :)

Hellojulie has posted a really thorough review of her DCF interview over in the UK sub-forum, but I thought I'd link to it here: Julie's DCF review It might be useful to have a look at because she talks a little about what she used to prove domicile.

How's everyone slogging along these days? See we have some new people on this thread -- welcome! :)

Hi guys,

Just want to say thanks for all your help during our DCF process. My visa was approved on Thursday :dance::dance: . I am waiting for my passport and MBE to be returned to me.

To add to Hellojulie's interview review. I will only talk about the domicile stuff since everything was almost the same for me. I used elmicitymaven's helpful letter as a guide to draft my domicile letter and included a signed lease from the property we will be renting, driver's license emails, evidence that my USC was loking for a job(tons of job application) removal quotes and emails from the removal companies. I attached everything to the letter and gave it at the first window eventhough she didn't ask me for them. By the time I was called by the CONOF for the interview he had already read it and didn't ask me any question about my husband's intention to move. He handed the letter and documents back and said my visa has been approved. The only question I was asked was how long we have been married. He then asked me to go and pay at the couriers and due to the holidays it wlill take up to 2weeks to get my passport back.

The actual interview took less than 2minutes :wow:.I was soo relieved and thank God for a succesful interview. The whole process has been straightforward and painless for me because of this forum and the wonderful people here. Thanks again guys!!

Hi,

Having read the last few posts I am wondering about this domicile thing. I understand it is to prove the USC is intending to return to the US permanenetly but I have not seen a request for it anywhere on the packet 3 web page

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html

so how do I know what to use?

My hubby (USC) has already returned to the US to start new job so we can get something from his employer and by the time my interview rolls around he will be in our newly rented place so I can get a copy of the lease. Will this be enough?

Thanks as always for all your help and good luck everyone

Stacey

Edited by staceyafreeman

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Hi,

Having read the last few posts I am wondering about this domicile thing. I understand it is to prove the USC is intending to return to the US permanenetly but I have not seen a request for it anywhere on the packet 3 web page

http://london.usembassy.gov/cons_new/visa/iv/ds2001.html

so how do I know what to use?

My hubby (USC) has already returned to the US to start new job so we can get something from his employer and by the time my interview rolls around he will be in our newly rented place so I can get a copy of the lease. Will this be enough?

Thanks as always for all your help and good luck everyone

Stacey

Stacey the fact that your husband is already back in the US is all you need to prove his domicile. He has already domiciled himself back in the US. Just need something to show he is there and where he is living. Copy of the lease should be fine.

Edited by Lansbury

What to expect at the POE - WIKI entry

IR-1 Timeline IR-1 details in my timeline

N-400 Timeline

2009-08-21 Applied for US Citizenship

2009-08-28 NOA

2009-09-22 Biometrics appointment

2009-12-01 Interview - Approved

2009-12-02 Oath ceremony - now a US Citizen

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.