trailmix

Canalien Houses

Who's doing what?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. You both live together/have lived together - You are buying furniture for/decorating your house, who is making most of those decisions?

• Female
    • Male
    • We make the decision 100% together
    • We haven't lived together for an extended period yet
  2. 2. You do not live together yet - You are buying furniture for/decorating your house, who is making most of those decisions?

• Female
    • Male
    • We make the decision 100% together
    • n/a
  3. 3. You are choosing new electronics (big screen tv, surround sound system! etc - for both of you to use) - who will probably have the most input/do the most groundwork?

• Female - we live together or have lived together for an extended period
    • Male - we live together or have lived together for an extended period
    • Female - we don't live together yet
    • Male - we don't live together yet
    • We live together or have for an extended period- we make the decision 100% together
    • We don't live together yet - we will make the decision 100% together
    • n/a

38 posts in this topic

So we have this big TV, a Nintendo Wii, a surround sound system, a bed, two computers, a computer desk, and a love seat. That's it! And we need to furnish an entire house in a few weeks. Really shows you what Mr. Huggles priorities are :P

Hahaha This sounds exactly like my wife and I.

We had the xBox, TVs, Wii, and computer and I was happy as long as we got the pool table and gym equipment moved in too Lol.

She picked the colors for the paint, bed set, living room furniture, kitchen stuff, pretty much everything. Of course she asks me if I mind on everything but she's got such good taste I just stay out of the way Lol. The only thing I do NOT understand is the abundance of wickerballs that we have hahaha.

My wife has been back since June 5, 2007. Now we're just livin' man, L I V I N :)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Our TV is 42 inches and I quite like the size, I would buy a bigger one though - that wouldn't bother me.

I hear you on the picture quality on the non-HD channels huggles, I don't watch them anymore either - unless it is something I really want to see that's not offered in HD.

Right now, in this little apartment, in the living room, we have 2 computer desks, facing the tv - that is our living room area - it's just lovely :huh:

It will be nice to get back in to a house where we can actually have a room with the sofa and tv in it - so you don't have to sit on the computer chair to watch a movie! The sofa is currently in the 'dining room' - I use that term loosely.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I mean usually my husband would have a large say in all of it, he feels that because he is a designer that he has better taste... which may be true because my style is kind of wonky. Our tastes are different. I love whimsical, midcentury stuff, and he loves contemporary. I know he doesn't like want to live in Smurf village so I go with the contemporary look. I don't mind it.

Until now, I didn't think I cared at all about decorations...

Now I know how I want to decorate!!!!

Montreal Interviewer: "What do you have in common with each other?"

Peachey: "We're REALLY weird."

Montreal Interviewer (incredulously to me): "Do you agree with that?"

<I think back to several days before the interview. Driving through the country, passing a field with cows...>

Peachey: "MOOOO! MOOOOO! Does this make me weird?"

Me: "No, well yes. Here, let me roll down the windows so they can hear you better!"

Peachey: "MOOOOO!!!!"

<back to interview>

Me: "Yes, yes I do."

Very interesting poll trailmix! I just wanted to say that Gene and I did some decorating long distance in our relationship. It was quite fun! We redid our bedroom and the bathroom. We picked out colours for paint on-line together, chose furnishings and colour and bed coverings online as well. We would be in yahoo chat, bringing up pages from Home Depot, Behrs paint, jcpenny's and picked and chose while chatting. It was fun! Even more fun is that while we shared in all the decision making, Gene did all the work! :lol:

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

Oh boo. I thought this poll was about decorating..... not how you make the decision. Oh well. I see it's evolving so there's still hope. :hehe: We basically use this premise:

Rule #1: I am right.

Rule #2: If I am not right, see Rule #1.

The only thing I do NOT understand is the abundance of wickerballs that we have hahaha.

So that's who buys them!!

iagree.gif

Very interesting poll trailmix! I just wanted to say that Gene and I did some decorating long distance in our relationship. It was quite fun! We redid our bedroom and the bathroom. We picked out colours for paint on-line together, chose furnishings and colour and bed coverings online as well. We would be in yahoo chat, bringing up pages from Home Depot, Behrs paint, jcpenny's and picked and chose while chatting. It was fun! Even more fun is that while we shared in all the decision making, Gene did all the work! :lol:

That's totally what we've been doing! Not with paint, since we don't need to paint our new apartment...but with furniture we've been on the phone together and have emailed links to furnishings back and forth.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thi is interesting, because furnishings and decorating is the one area where Hubby and I do NOT see eye to eye! The biggest thing is he has been in his house for 10 years, and I am moving into it. I sold pretty much everything I had, which wasn't much, since seriously...who needs two kitchen tables??? So..the house is completly done....but in HIS tastes...which I really am not a fan off. Trying to move or remove anything is almost out of the question. He cannot see how anything is wrong with the place. It isn't like I HATE everything...I don't...but my issue is..this is supposed to be OUR home, but at the moment....it is HIS home and I live there.

I am approaching this cautiously and i am sure over time, it will feel more like my home as well.... it is just another one of those hurdles we have to overcome!!

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Oh boo. I thought this poll was about decorating..... not how you make the decision. Oh well. I see it's evolving so there's still hope. :hehe: We basically use this premise:

Rule #1: I am right.

Rule #2: If I am not right, see Rule #1.

So that's who buys them!!

:lol:!!!

Donne moi une poptart!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.