Seven

A# if citizenship??? Help

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Spain
Timeline

Hello everybody!

My fiance and I are reviewing the whole package before sending.

My fiance was born in Vietnam and lived there with his family (all of them vietnamese) for 7 first years of his life. Then his family was sponsorized and their life in the US started.

His parents had naturalization and my fiance and his brothers had the citizenship so he has his citizenship certificate. The question is...since he has a citizenship so he is US CITIZEN certificate, does he have an A# ? (for the I-129F and G-325A forms)

Thank you all!!!

God bless

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
Hello everybody!

My fiance was born in Vietnam and lived there with his family (all of them vietnamese) for 7 first years of his life. Then his family was sponsorized and their life in the US started.

His parents had naturalization and my fiance and his brothers had the citizenship so he has his citizenship certificate. The question is...since he has a citizenship so he is US CITIZEN certificate, does he have an A# ? (for the I-129F and G-325A forms)

Thank you all!!!

God bless

Yes, he has an A number but if he doesn't know it, he may simply enter "unknown".

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

on his certificate of citizenship he has two number...one number is on top right hand corner in red ink which starts with an "A"...then underneath it has INS Registration No. and it starts with an "A" as well. So is the INS Registration No his A#? and the Number in red ink on the top right that starts with an "A" is his certificate of citizenship number?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
Citizens don't have A#s.

They do if USCIS naturalized them. You A# is just your USCIS account number. If you've ever been the beneficiary of a USCIS petition, which is to say they've ever kept an account on you, you have an A#. I can't see why it would ever go away.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

It doesn't. I'm not sure which number it is on the certificate though. Generally, A numbers are a 9 digit number and I believe they always start with 0. Hubby's starts with 099.

Edited by TracyTN
SA4userbar.jpg

Filed: FB-4 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline
Hello everybody!

Thank you all!!!

God bless

I put US Citizen in that question :)

Timeline

Thank you for all the replies.

Regarding one reply that says something about if he has been through an USCIS process... I really don't know how USCIS did 21 years ago what i know is that as soon as they were in USA (the family was sponsorized) the kids (my fiance between them) were US citizens and the parents were naturalized but with the time my fiance parents get to be US citizens as well.

He told me after all what we read he decided not to put any number there in the form since he's attaching his US citizen certificate, passport etc. (I'm not sure if he called USCIS or not for that but i told him thousand times to call so probably he did)

Thanks to all of you. We're about to send the package next week so the countdown will start officially :)

God bless

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
It doesn't. I'm not sure which number it is on the certificate though. Generally, A numbers are a 9 digit number and I believe they always start with 0. Hubby's starts with 099.

It's the CIS or INS registration number, not the big red number or the petition number.

[boy, finding examples of current naturalization certificates on line is harder than you'd think :)]

Edited by HeatDeath

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.