melbell54

I-693 RFE - Responded and approved

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

I know many people got an RFE for not having a properly filled out I-693, so I thought I would share our experiences. We were in the same boat, we submitted an I-693 that we had filled out from Dr. Arnold, only the vaccination portion. We got an RFE, and were worried we would have to redo the entire medical. Since the civil surgeons in our area were all very unwilling to see a new patient less than a month or 2 out, we decided to try other options first. We sent a letter back stating that as a K-1 he already had a full medical, and we also included a copy of the I-693 we originally sent.

On Friday (a week after we sent the RFE back), we received an update saying our case has been transferred to CSC! So this seemed to work for us, maybe it is worth a try for those who are in the same boat and do not want to pay to redo the entire medical.

I also had the same RFE and just got another I-693 vaccination supplement filled out (only cost $15) and my case was also transferred to the CSC. Doesn't mean it's been approved yet but a good sign. My EAD however was approved so thats good news.

Hope this helps others in the same situation as I know a lot of people got this RFE.

Luke and Deanna

us_uk_flag-1.jpg

Our Timeline...
06-03-2007. Met Online
07-09-2007. Met in Person in the US
07-04-2008. WE GOT ENGAGED!!!

I-129F Timeline...

12-15-2008. Sent I-129F Petition to CSC
12-18-2008. NOA1. Money order cashed
05-22-2009. NOA2 APPROVED!
09-16-2009. Medical
09-28-2009. Interview. APPROVED!!!
10-06-2009. Visa received
10-10-2009. U.S. Entry
11-07-2009. Wedding

AOS Timeline...
11-30-2009. Sent AOS
12-07-2009. NOA1
01-07-2010. Biometrics appointment
01-12-2010. Transferred to CSC
02-17-2010. I-485 Card Production Ordered & Welcome Notice Sent
02-26-2010. GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!!

ROC Timeline...
12-28-2011. Sent ROC
12-29-2011. NOA1
02-15-2012. Biometrics appointment (Walk in on 01-26-2012)
06-06-2012. ROC APPROVED!!!
06-19-2012. 10 YEAR GREEN CARD ARRIVED!!!

Citizenship Timeline...
11-27-2012. Sent N-400
11-29-2012. NOA1
12-28-2012. Biometrics appointment
01-11-2013. In line for interview
01-28-2013. Notice of Interview Scheduled (Letter in mailbox 02-01-3013)
03-01-2013. Interview
05-08-2013. OATH DATE!
IM A CITIZEN!!!

We got our congressman('s office) involved. It's another option available. Actually, by the time our RFE response would have arrived (let alone be opened/processed) the whole thing was already taken care of.

K-1:

January 28, 2009: NOA1

June 4, 2009: Interview - APPROVED!!!

October 11, 2009: Wedding

AOS:

December 23, 2009: NOA1!

January 22, 2010: Bogus RFE corrected through congressional inquiry "EAD waiting on biometrics only" Read about it here.

March 15, 2010: AOS interview - RFE for I-693 vaccination supplement - CS signed part 6!

March 27, 2010: Green Card recieved

ROC:

March 1, 2012: Mailed ROC package

March 7, 2012: Tracking says "notice left"...after a phone call to post office.

More detailed time line in profile.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USCIS IS cracking down on the "Dr Arnold" vaccination records. That may be why you are getting an RFE, as they don't feel that Dr Arnold should be doing these documents for the entire country.

AOS Process

May 29th 2008- AOS/EAD/I-130 Sent to Chicaogo Lock Box sent via Overnight Delivery

June 6th - Both checks cashed!!

June 25th - Biometrics appointment

Sept. 19th - Card Production Ordered! (113 days since filing)

Sept. 25th - EAD Received!!!

Dec. 5th 2008 - Received appointment letter

Feb. 4th 2009 - AOS Interview (Interviewer says going to recommend for approval)

May 15th- called and talked to an officer to submit a service request

June 10th- Made an infopass appointment,

June 15th- Info pass appointment, told me they could do nothing until the officer made their decision!

June 27 - Filed for I-131 as well as renewal of my work authorization.

July 23rd- Received I-131

Dec 22, 2009 - Biometrics appointment yet again.

January 21, 2010 Second interview

January 22nd - I-485 Touched

January 27th - Received a Request for additonal evidence.

May 27 I-485 Approved

June 13th 2010 - Green card received!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
USCIS IS cracking down on the "Dr Arnold" vaccination records. That may be why you are getting an RFE, as they don't feel that Dr Arnold should be doing these documents for the entire country.

Yes, that's what we were afraid of, but after resubmitting our I-693 filled out by Dr. Arnold, our case was transferred to CSC, so it would seem that it was accepted. Hopefully EAD soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hi,

Can you tell me more about your RFE? We got a RFE too and used Dr. Arnold and sent in the sealed envelope that was sent by him. We're waiting on a response from our congressman before we go have the full medical done. We're hoping they can find out something soon and it'll be good news. Did you have the tb skin testing done? That's the only thing I'm thinking that could be wrong. He had the chest xray done in his country before coming here. Thanks.

I know many people got an RFE for not having a properly filled out I-693, so I thought I would share our experiences. We were in the same boat, we submitted an I-693 that we had filled out from Dr. Arnold, only the vaccination portion. We got an RFE, and were worried we would have to redo the entire medical. Since the civil surgeons in our area were all very unwilling to see a new patient less than a month or 2 out, we decided to try other options first. We sent a letter back stating that as a K-1 he already had a full medical, and we also included a copy of the I-693 we originally sent.

On Friday (a week after we sent the RFE back), we received an update saying our case has been transferred to CSC! So this seemed to work for us, maybe it is worth a try for those who are in the same boat and do not want to pay to redo the entire medical.

ROC Timeline

3/22/12 - Mailed I-751 Packet

3/28/12 - Check Cashed

4/9/12 - Received Biometrics Notification

4/30/12 - Biometrics

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.