22 posts in this topic

momof1 - I think you misunderstood what I was trying to say: I said the OP should have the waiver packet with them in Ciudad Juarez because Juarez has a pilot program where waiver interviews are sometimes granted that same week. It is one of its kind in the world. Also, that first statement was made before we knew why the OP needed a waiver. It is pretty rude to say "incorrect" when we were unaware why the OP had been told they might need a waiver. I understand you are trying to help, but try to read the posts.

I did not say they should bring the waiver to the interview. I said they would be notified if they are eligible for a waiver by DHL (or at the interview) and then they can file the waiver.

I did say that they should take relevant paperwork with them to the interview, such as the DWI, or proof or rehabilitation in case it is asked of them then.

I also agreed with you that they would probably be referred as I stated above, once the OP cleared up the situation.

Juarez is slightly unpredictable, so it is good to always be prepared.

To the OP: Good luck! Be prepared and I hope your love can get through this.

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Timeline
You can sex it up as much as you like..

It's a begging letter bottom line..

Thanks guys! I've already gotten started on the "begging" letter. I've also asked my parents and sister to write a letter also. Since I don't have any type of medical condition that's not going to help except that I have to go the dr. just about every 3 mth because I get inflammation in my left arm muscles, left shoulder and chest(with pain that feels like your having a heartattack), I doubt that its going to help. :( . Would my parents being dependent on me to do their bills and translate for them would that count as a hardship, not to mention leaving behind a job that has good benefits, ruining good credit and not being able to continue my education count??

So confused!

Edited by Missing_My_Amor
ob5fqt98.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

For your letter, you'd have show why you and only you can do the bills for your parents. You'll also have to show wh you cannot provide benefits for yourself and why you need this job to provide you benefits.

Your questions are extremely valid, but I suggest that you have your lawyer do this for you since it is much more than simply a letter

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

Just showing that your parents rely on you is not enough. Maybe they need you to help pay bills, take them to doctors appointments, or do tasks around the home that they cannot do themselves. As canadian wife said, you have to prove that you are the one that must do them and that no one else is available. Even this is not enough though. Once you show that this need exists, you have to relate it to your husband's inadmissibility. This means that if you moved to Mexico you cannot take care of your parents AND that you need your husband here to assist you with your parents. This could be by him actually helping them or by him working/taking care of children while you help your parents.

It's not enough to prove that a condition exists. Everything must be related to why you can't live in Mexico and why you cannot continue to live in the US without him.

I disagree that Mexico is unpredictable. The occasional blip doesn't mean much for the 24,000 waivers they processed there last year. I will once again say that you cannot turn in the waiver immediately after being found eligible for the waiver. Occasionally people are notified of waiver eligibility through DHL, but almost always they find out at the visa interview when they are denied. As I said before, you then schedule a waiver interview after you are found eligible. Currently, you cannot schedule the waiver interview until you are found eligible. You use to be able to schedule them both in advance, but that is not possible any longer. Because of this, you have 2 to 3 months between the visa interview and the waiver interview where the "packet" will be submitted. It's much more than a begging letter. It's a legal document outlining factual information, backed up by evidence, of why your spouse's inadmissibility should be forgiven. Go over to www.immigrate2us.net for the best information on waivers. You can look at recently approved letters with evidence lists as well as network with other Mexico filers.

event.png

Here is my H/S/L i sent in with my waiver....there is 2 letters one from my usc wife which the uscis is more interested with but i as the alien spouse sent a letter also...

This will give you a better idea of how it works...also on that site there is members from mexico who also has sample approved hardship letters posted...

Link of H/F/L.

http://immigrate2us.net/forum/showthread.p...n-and-Frankfurt

Here's some hardship letter links:

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=6265.0

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=236.0

Denied hardship letters:

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=540.0

This link explains the levels of arguments in hardship letters (further down.)

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=3504.0

You can quote these statistics about Mexico:

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=1509.0

How to organize your waiver packet:

http://www.smf.juarez-mexico.com/index.php?topic=3464.0

From what I have read, the really important part besides having a good letter is including proof of what you are saying, such as letters from the people you talk about, and evidence of all the things mention. Laurel Scott's levels of hardship are helpful for deciding what you should and shouldn't include in your letter.

If I were you, I would post my hardship letter on www.smf.juarez-mexico because those people will give you really helpful suggestions from personal experience.

Good luck and I applaud you for your perseverance :)

April 19, 2010 - NOA1 (documents received at Mexico City Embassy)

April 20, 2010 - NOA2 (received notice April 28, 2010, mailed April 27)

May 3, 2010 - Packet 3 sent (received May 27, 2010)

May 9, 2010 - I emailed them using the inquiry form asking for my case number

May 17, 2010 - received case number and link to Packet 3 by email

May 18, 2010 - sent Packet 3 to Ciudad Juarez

May 28, 2010 - called Ciudad Juarez to see if we had an appointment yet, they said wait 6-8 weeks :(

May 30, 2010 - I return to the US

June 8, 2010 - called and found out appointment date

June 16, 2010 - received Packet 4

July 6, 2010 - interview - Approved!

July 7, 2010 - pick up visa at DHL and POE to activate

July 29, 2010 - welcome letter received

August 1, 2010 - my husband comes home to me

August 13, 2010 - received Green Card

September 28, 2010 - never received Social Security Card, had to apply for it, arrived Sept. 28

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.