blackfish181

Address Change and Removing Condition

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello,

I really need help on this.

I am US citizen and my husband got his conditional GC from Chicago. We orginally filed from Chicago and moved out of Chicago long back (alomost Year and half) and have not changed our address with USCIS. My parents are still at Chicago address.

Now it is a time to remove condition from my husband's GC. My question is that DO WE NEED TO CHANGE ADDRESS WITH USCIS NOW?

Also, Do we BOTH need to change address by separate forms? Which forms?

I also heard that you don't need to change address but when you submit I-751, submit the from your new address and USCIS will send you notification on new address?

NOTE: We have to send I-751 in March 2010, so I may have some time left to change the address, if needed. The problem is that it is way over 10 days since we moved out of Chicago address.

Please advise.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
Hello,

I am US citizen and my husband got his conditional GC from Chicago. We orginally filed from Chicago and moved out of Chicago long back (alomost Year and half) and have not changed our address with USCIS. My parents are still at Chicago address.

Now it is a time to remove condition from my husband's GC. My question is that DO WE NEED TO CHANGE ADDRESS WITH USCIS NOW?

I also heard that you don't need to change address but when you submit I-751, submit the from your new address and USCIS will send you notification on new address?

NOTE: We have to send I-751 in March 2010, so I may have some time left to change the address, if needed. The problem is that it is way over 10 days since we moved out of Chicago address.

Please advise.

it will be good if you change the address because if you sue the od address your finger printing appointment and all related letters will be sent to you old address and I guess you dont want to shuttle between your new location and Chicago all the time , dont worry about the time elapsed, i think you should be fine

Edited by franticsky

I moved a week ago within Alabama. I put in a mail forward request with USPS, did the AR11 online, submitted an AR11 by paper and also called them to change the address on the pending application.

Worked so far...

My timeline... (Frankfurt)

10/26/2007 Filed I-130 in person + paid 355 USD

10/26/2007 Filed DS-230 part 1 + got "case number"

10/26/2007 Received the document checklist

11/08/2007 Immunizations check

11/12/2007 Medical

11/16/2007 Faxed the "checklist" back to the consulate

11/26/2007 Confirmation via e-mail that the consulate received the "checklist" and medical result

12/18/2007 I-130 petition approved!!!

12/20/2007 Notice of Approval arrives via snail mail

02/01/2008 Visa interview - APPROVAL!

02/05/2008 Received visa via snail mail. DCF DONE!

02/23/2008 Arrived in the U.S.! Flight to Seattle via Newark as POE

03/10/2008 Welcome Letter (Form I-797C, Notice of Action) arrived

03/15/2008 Another Welcome Letter (Form I-797C) arrived... what a waste...

03/20/2008 Received I-551 (green card) via snail mail

03/24/2008 Received social security card via snail mail

10/20/2008 Moved from Seattle to Mobile, AL

06/18/2009 Wife filed for divorce

10/07/2009 Divorce was finalized

12/17/2009 Filed I-751 to remove conditions on residence under waiver

12/25/2009 Refiled I-751 because USPS returned the filed to me (hmpf!!!)

12/31/2009 Vermont Service Center received I-751

01/27/2010 Received the Biometrics Appointment Letter. Never received my NOA1.

02/01/2010 Biometrics Appointment in New Orleans, LA.

04/24/2010 Approval of Removal of Conditions! No RFE or interview. Yes!!!

Hello,

Please advise.

Better late than never.

You should do that and when you file ROC, you will have to provide residences since obtaining GC - which means you need to provide evidence to show that both of you have been living together. Therefore, go ahead and file the change of address indicating the correct moving date (estimate if you don't remember) and when you file, write a short explanation that you were not aware or something else that caused you not to change your address. Also, make sure you clearly say that both of you have moved together so it is not only one person and provide evidence to support the move and the "living together" part.

N-400 Naturalization Timeline

06/28/11 .. Mailed N-400 package via Priority mail with delivery confirmation

06/30/11 .. Package Delivered to Dallas Lockbox

07/06/11 .. Received e-mail notification of application acceptance

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

07/08/11 .. Received NOA letter

07/29/11 .. Received text/e-mail for biometrics notice

08/03/11 .. Received Biometrics letter - scheduled for 8/24/11

08/04/11 .. Walk-in finger prints done.

08/08/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Placed in line for interview scheduling

09/12/11 .. Received Yellow letter dated 9/7/11

09/13/11 .. Received text/e-mail: Interview scheduled

09/16/11 .. Received interview letter

10/19/11 .. Interview - PASSED

10/20/11 .. Received text/email: Oath scheduled

10/22/11 .. Received OATH letter

11/09/11 .. Oath ceremony

Hello,

Thanks everyone for reply.

I am still not clear about one thing. I have found AR-11 (for my husband who is on conditional GC) and I-865 (not sure about correct form- for myself, US citizen) in order to change address.

Can someone please make it clear for me?

Also,

I could not find any place on USCIS website to submit AR-11 form online even though it says everywhere that you can submit online. So, if someone can please put the link where my husband need to submit AR-11 form.

Hello,

Thanks everyone for reply.

I am still not clear about one thing. I have found AR-11 (for my husband who is on conditional GC) and I-865 (not sure about correct form- for myself, US citizen) in order to change address.

Can someone please make it clear for me?

Also,

I could not find any place on USCIS website to submit AR-11 form online even though it says everywhere that you can submit online. So, if someone can please put the link where my husband need to submit AR-11 form.

This link should work:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

Click on I accept and I think it should take you through the process.

Once you go to the next step, it will ask about a US Citizen or not, and you can go from there so both of you should be able to complete it here.

Print a copy and make sure you have it in file all the time in case they misplace it.

Edited by v333k

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

The sponsor changes address via regular mail with the I-865

The AR-11 online >>> https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa (search box on the USCIS website is your friend)

No need to include a note. You can print the AR-11 and mail to the Kentucky address as well to make doubly sure.

We changed our addresses a year after we moved. No issues.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

This link should work:

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms

Click on I accept and I think it should take you through the process.

Once you go to the next step, it will ask about a US Citizen or not, and you can go from there so both of you should be able to complete it here.

Print a copy and make sure you have it in file all the time in case they misplace it.

Sorry, copied the wrong link

here is the one where at the bottom, you click on the Change your address link

https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa

07/06/11 .. Check cashed

The sponsor changes address via regular mail with the I-865

The AR-11 online >>> https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa (search box on the USCIS website is your friend)

No need to include a note. You can print the AR-11 and mail to the Kentucky address as well to make doubly sure.

We changed our addresses a year after we moved. No issues.

Hi,

Did you put the wrong date of move or original date (ater one year)?

What documents you need to provide to support the change of address?

Thanks!

Hi,

As I mentioned before, we are living in apartment and may live here for another 6-8 months. I am confused that should we change our address to this apartment address (USCIS still have my parents address on file-Chicago).

Another problem is that if I keep my parents address on file and then we file to remove condition from GC for my husband and in case we have appear for an interview it will be in Chicago, is that right?

What should I do in this situation? change my address to this temporary apartment address or leave Chicago address?

Please advise

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.