Starlight95

Reminder Call from Consulate :)

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi everybody,

I don't want to get my hopes to hi, but the consulate actually called my fiance to remind him to submit the documents that are pending and told him to submit it before our petition expires. This was a few days ago, and when my fiance told me I was shocked. They said that is the document we need as that is important so we can issue the visa. I am still in shock about this. I would never think the consulate would call to remind you. But, the documents were sent to VFS and he even got a reciept of that. I am sure now they have it by now. Just cross your fingers everybody, and I am still not going to be sure until he gets that final call for the visa. He wanted to surprise me so he took his sweet time to tell me. And here I was going :wacko:

Star

Edited by Starlight95

Timeline

The documents were mailed to VFS on January 9th, and I think the delay must be due to the holiday. But, I am positive that they have it by now. It's nice to know that the consulate called :) to remind him anyways.

Star

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Sounds promising, Star!! :)

ROC Timeline

8/1/12: ROC window opens
9/4/12: ROC packet sent
9/8/12: ROC packet delivered to VSC
9/12/12: Check cashed
9/14/12: NOA letter received (NOA dated 9/10/12)
9/20/12: Biometrics letter received (Bio appointment 10/15/12)
10/12/12: Early biometrics walk-in

4/27/13: RFE received

6/17/13: RFE response sent

7/1/13: ROC petition approved

7/5/13: GC received in the mail.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

see star? i told you your's was a success story :dance: congrats :thumbs:

Give Generously, Live Fully, Laugh Often, Love Completely...AND PRAY ALWAYS!!!

He is home!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline
see star? i told you your's was a success story :dance: congrats :thumbs:

WOW thats awesome that they gave a call to remind you that, its like they were calling to remind you of a dr or dentist appointment.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi Star,

It's miracle that they called your fiance. lol. But that's great. Almost done. :dance:

Just curious. Is there anyway you can call AOS and find out if they recieved the documents?

CR-1/NVC
November 16, 2009: Sign-in Failed!!
November 16, 2009: December interviews already scheduled. Operator told me to wait for a possible January interview date. Call back in the 2nd week of December
November 30, 2009: Been trying to call NVC but line busy since late after noon. Finally, got email appointment letter from NVC with the Interview date of January 19, 2010. Yeppe Alhamdulillah>
December 24, 2009: Medical Done and report recieved the same day.
January 11, 2010: Medical submitted at VFS. They asked for: Copy of Packet 3, Appointment letter, and Passport. They told her to take a copy of I-864 and the documents submitted with it, at the time of interview with other proof of relationship documents.
January 19, 2010: VISA APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
January 21, 2010: Visa recieved in mail (Package included passport with visa stamped, sealed big brown envelop to be submitted at POE immigration at the airport, and instructions to apply for SS Card)

USA
February 07, 2010: POE Chicago --> Very easy, within 45 minutes
March 02, 2010: SS Card recieved in mail. Welcome letter recieved in mail as well
March 13, 2010: GC Recieved in mail

January 29, 2015: N-400 Application submitted

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'd say that is a very good sign.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline
Hi Star,

It's miracle that they called your fiance. lol. But that's great. Almost done. :dance:

Just curious. Is there anyway you can call AOS and find out if they recieved the documents?

Yes it is a miracle :) lol. I did call DOS and they said they called my fiance for a reminder call to submit the documents. The lady said maybe they have not updated their system yet. Hoping that they wrap everything up and he gets his visa soon.

Timeline

Still waiting and no visa call yet. I am 100% sure they have everything. Our petition expires the end of this month. They emailed me that they extended it, but then they tell my fiance that it will expire. Does not make sense?

Star

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.