Mikhail

Your age difference..Could it be a problem?

75 posts in this topic

Im just curious what do you and your wife think about your age difference? Do you you think it could be a problem later in life? What happens when you become an old man and your wife is still a young woman?

Edited by Mikhail

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

have you by any chance done a search on the topic "age difference" within this very forum?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

it depoends....

if ur wife loves u with all her heart.. if the love is pure and honest, that she married u not just bcoz of the GC then there will be no problem...

a good wife can understand u, trust u, be honest to u, love u even when u get old,old,old...

and for the first place ur wife knew that ur age gap is big so she must be ready to love u with all her heart when u get old

and she, still young, beautiful... in return to all the good u did for her she must respect and take care of u... :thumbs:

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Country:
Timeline

As you say you're only 20 {and unemployed} what age gap are you concerned with?

Trolling on a "Hot Button" Topic to see if you can start a Flame War?

As you say you're only 20 {and unemployed} what age gap are you concerned with?

Trolling on a "Hot Button" Topic to see if you can start a Flame War?

is he only 20 yrs. old..? lol!!!

then why u are posting this..?, uhmmm i thought ur old and ur wife is young and pretty...

uhmm ok maybe ur just curious... :P

anyway have a good reading to u all...

Mabuhay po kayo!!! :thumbs:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

is he only 20 yrs. old..? lol!!!

then why u are posting this..?, uhmmm i thought ur old and ur wife is young and pretty...

uhmm ok maybe ur just curious... :P

anyway have a good reading to u all...

Mabuhay po kayo!!! :thumbs:

Im just curious about the guys that are alot older than there wives

Im just curious about the guys that are alot older than there wives

uhmmm well base on what i am experiencing right now... my honey is older than me of 23 yrs.. BUT honestly i am not goin to marry him just bcoz of the GC or i just want to go to USA knowing that there econmy is not good too (recession)... i have a good job here too in the Phil., a beautiful family who loves me very much, and taking care of me...

just that simple i am inlove with a this man, and i had an experienced b4 that i was married to a younger man but that experienced gave me sooo much pain, and i don't know why but from then i never wanted to have a man who is young like me, or aged like me, or older than me of a little bit... i am just a simple filipina who is seeking happiness, live simple life with my love, but really that simple dream really soo hard to have... and i found it in him.... its bcoz he is sooo mature and he knows already what to do, and in my earlier post as i told u: wife knew that ur age gap is big so she must be ready to love u with all her heart when u get old and she, still young, beautiful... in return to all the good u did for her she must respect and take care of u...

that's what will i do.. why? that is bcoz my love for this man is true and pure!!!

:luv: :luv: :luv:

Godsgift...

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

i hope everything works for you, its just an interesting topic beacause while its commom for the man to be older than the woman the age differences are never as big as some of the people on here, you usually dont see Filipno guys 20+years older than there wives in phil

Edited by Mikhail

i hope everything works for you

yeah right, thank u... but honestly i am nervous too bcoz we had a wrong moved b4 though i know there are many people who did it too before... but it still it bothers me too.... but for now all i can do is pray hard to God to still guide us on what we are doing, we are making it right this time and we are making it for our future together...

godsgift.. :star:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

I think some people see other people getting married to men alot older and feel that for some reason if there doing it then it must be the right thing to do. Alot of the women dont need to go to such an extreme to find love, unfortunately I think some are almost "brainwashed" into thinking that well if hes american, white, and atleast 20 years older then me then i know he loves me, thats kind of sad.

My soon to be wife and I are the total opposite we dont fit the typical bill at all Im 20 and shes 27, Im unemployed in a tough economy, I dont have alot of money or whatever. We like our age difference but I dont get these age differencs when the wife is 21 and the guy is like 48. I wonder where they see themselves in 20 years when the 21 year realizes maybe she shouldnt have married a guy so much older then her.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
I think some people see other people getting married to men alot older and feel that for some reason if there doing it then it must be the right thing to do. Alot of the women dont need to go to such an extreme to find love, unfortunately I think some are almost "brainwashed" into thinking that well if hes american, white, and atleast 20 years older then me then i know he loves me, thats kind of sad.

I don't buy that. It's a cultural difference, yes. Filipinos in general (and several other Asian cultures) are more accustomed to having older man/ younger woman relationships. It's common and socially acceptable there that your mate is 10 years difference, whereas here it's 5 years is the cultural "norm", although it's certainly not uncommon to have a larger age split, especially in couples that start later in life, in the US as well.

It's no big surprise in most cases women mature faster than men. And a large percentage of women crave security, also not a big surprise. So it should not be surprising to see women seek out older, more mature, more stable men fairly often.

20 years is a lot, and I wonder how it works. There's some pretty big generational differences then. Grew up with different television, music, movies. If nothing else you just have a little less in common purely by the generational differences of your childhoods. Think how differently children were raised in the '50s to the '70s. I'm a big believer in "love conquers all" though, and it certainly DOES work for a large number of people.

I don't think it's "brainwashing" when someone sees several successful and long-lasting marriages (with a larger age split) of their friends and family, and opens their horizons a bit more accordingly.

And there's certainly some that are gold-diggers, just like in the US (plenty of young women marrying older men here too, not unique to Asia or the Philippines).

That being said, Vicky and I are only 4 years difference. Not everyone here has such a large age split.

Edited by DainandVicky

K1:

Began chatting online 1-2-09, Met in Philippines 9-5 to 9-15-09, Mailed I-129F 9-17-09, I-129F delivered by USPS 9-21-09, Check cashed 9-21-09, NOA1 issued 9-21-09, NOA1 paper copy received 9-28-09, NOA2 issued 12-18-09, NVC received date 12-24-09, NOA2 paper copy received 12-28-09, NVC sent date 12-29-09, Embassy received date 01-05-10, Medical 01-07-10 & 01-11-10 approved/ passed, Interview date 01-14-10 APPROVED! MY HONEY'S COMING!, Visa delivered 1-27-10 Manila time, Arrival in U.S. 2-4-10 POE Minneapolis/ St. Paul

Married! 2-14-10 in Las Vegas

AOS:

Applied for SSN 2-17-10 Received SSN and Cert. Marriage Cert. 3-2-10

Mailed AOS packet 3-3-10

AOS paperwork confirmed delivered 3-4-10

Email/ text notification of NOA1s 3-12-10

*touch* 3-15-10 AOS & EAD

Paper copy NOA1s received 3-16-10

*touch* 3-17-10 AOS & EAD

Received biometrics appointment letter 3-20-10, appointment set for 4-12-10

Case transferred to CSC 3-31-10!! Yay!!

Received email notice 4-6-10 I-485 received at CSC

Biometrics done 4-12-10, Milwaukee, WI ASC

Vicky got her driving permit, 4-12-10

*touch* 4-13-10 AOS & EAD

*touch* 4-21-10 AOS only

*touch* 4-22-10 AOS only

EAD card production ordered 5-14-10.

*touch* 5-17-10 EAD only

EAD card production ordered 5-19-10 (again?)

Received "Welcome to USA" letter 5-25-10, permanent resident application approved!

EAD card received 5-29-10

Greencard received 6-11-10

Positive pregnancy test 6-12-10

Im just curious what do you and your wife think about your age difference? Do you you think it could be a problem later in life? What happens when you become an old man and your wife is still a young woman?

My husband is 23 years older than me. When true love is the foundation in your relationship i think age does not matter. We are going on our 3rd year anniverssary and still happy and in love with each other esp with our 18 month old baby boy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

34 yrs is the difference between me & my husband and were on our 4th yr anniversary & counting... I disagree that woman is brainwashed when she married older man...I believe when your committed to a relationship & put God in the center everything is possible and age is just a number. Were happy enjoying everyday life & actually he looks younger on his age. He's 67 & Im 33. We both works but I ask him to retire for good in the next 2 yrs, i want him to enjoy his retirement. I Love my Husband & I will be with him till the Lord ask him to come home.

My husband is 23 years older than me. When true love is the foundation in your relationship i think age does not matter. We are going on our 3rd year anniverssary and still happy and in love with each other esp with our 18 month old baby boy.

agree, :thumbs:

N-400:

My Group

My Blog

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.