AKguy

Just got back - The report part 1

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
i love the taxis in russia...these people have bad driving down to an art,next time just sit back and enjoy the ride,they have been doing it for so long they know how to drive like ####### and survive

I have not been to Russia for a while now and any time I miss the way the taxi drivers drive I can just take a ride with my wife.

12/14/2006 Applied for K-1 with request for Waver for Multiple filings within 2 years.
Waiting - Waiting - Waiting
3/6 Called NVC file sent to Washington for "Administrative Review" Told to call back every few weeks. 7/6 Called NVC, A/R is finished, case on way to Moscow. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
7/13 On Friday the 13th we see updated Moscow website with our interview on 9/11 (Hope we are not supersticious) 9/11 Visa Approved. Yahoo.
10/12 Tickets for her to America. I am flying to JFK to meet her there. 12/15/07 We are married. One year and a day after filling original K-1
12/27 Filed for AOS, EAD & AP 1/3 Received all three NOA-1's 1/22 Biometrics 2/27 EAD & AP received 4/12 Interview
5/19/08 RFE for physical that she should not have needed. 5/28 New physical ($ 250.00 wasted) 6/23 Green Card received
4/22/10 Filed for Removal of Contitions. 6/25 10 Year Green Card received Nov, 2014 Citizenship ceremony. Our journey is complete.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not been to Russia for a while now and any time I miss the way the taxi drivers drive I can just take a ride with my wife.

Ditto. Note to self - NEVER, EVER, buy a ticket that involves Aeroflot or Russia unless going to Russia. OK all you big fans of Aeroflot, Russian airports, etc. Let me have it :rofl:

3dflags_ukr0001-0001a.gif3dflags_usa0001-0001a.gif

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

I love flying Aeroflot just because there's always a story to tell afterwards. :D

Some consolation I suppose. Island cruises yield up stories too though :yes:

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline
I'm enjoying the saga so far.

I know what you mean about other "opportunities" popping up too, right when you don't need them. I'll never forget my buddy, at about 5:45 AM, standing out in the street in front of the Hungry Duck - "Dude, you can't bring that girl home with us... you have to pick up your fiancee in a few hours. I don't think she'd be too happy if she came back to the apartment and found a girl asleep in your bed." He's always telling me the truth!

Some of that is, I think, the foreigner mystique, but sometimes I don't wonder if we sort of project a sort of "something" when we travel over to see our SOs. I remember this one particular guy on the plane from CDG (HATE that airport, HATE it so much) to Amman... he was drinking and insisting I should ditch my husband (at the time we weren't married, it was my 3rd trip out and we were getting married on that trip the next day) and stay with him and that he knew his wife wouldn't mind. it was really classy. I have no idea how I resisted his slurred Arablish and catapillar moustache, but somehow I did (and he was old... oldish..older? probably not a nice thing to say, but really, he was like 20-25 years older than you and I). That was my third? most favorite plane experience with some crazy man, my second being in the airport this German soldier... In the ME was/is another story alltogether though. i always cover my body, but I took to covering my hair to end up avoiding the majority of the attention (plus, I'll admit, it was kinda fun-- like being in disguise. I got really good to where my body language didn't give me away anymore and I would totally blend in). It wasn't problematic, just bizarre and sometimes annoying when it involved 3+ guys.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline
i love the taxis in russia...these people have bad driving down to an art,next time just sit back and enjoy the ride,they have been doing it for so long they know how to drive like ####### and survive...imagine it like .....mr toads wild ride for real.last time i was there i didn't even flinch when they crossed into the oncoming lane,nor winced when the they squeezed the car in between other cars jockying for position,i want to take some friends on a tour of moscow in one,and video them freaking out on the ride as i am showing them all the sights. :thumbs:

Nothing beats it when you're approaching some kind of gap between two cars that you think to yourself, "there is no way we could even fit through that," and yet at 30+mph you pass through.. with a cm on either side to spare :)

Some of that is, I think, the foreigner mystique, but sometimes I don't wonder if we sort of project a sort of "something" when we travel over to see our SOs.

That special glow. You may be onto something here because I'm sure most folks would agree, it's easier to pick up members of the opposite sex when you're currently with someone of the opposite sex. When you're single (especially single for a long, long time!) they know it. It's like they can smell it or something.

it was really classy.

I too am very classy when drinking on a plane and trying to pick up chicks. Come to think of it, I'm pretty classy all the time!

In the ME was/is another story alltogether though.

RUB rules state if you mention a story you're obligated to post it in it's entirety within 48 hours. (Alaska time.)

when it involved 3+ guys.

Now I know Jordanian men can have 3+ wives but I had no idea their wives could get down with 3+ guys. Wow. You go, girl!

Nothing beats it when you're approaching some kind of gap between two cars that you think to yourself, "there is no way we could even fit through that," and yet at 30+mph you pass through.. with a cm on either side to spare :)

The gap is too big if you don't need to fold your mirrors back out once you've passed through and knocked them in. They're like whiskers on a cat!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Timeline
RUB rules state if you mention a story you're obligated to post it in it's entirety within 48 hours. (Alaska time.)

Now I know Jordanian men can have 3+ wives but I had no idea their wives could get down with 3+ guys. Wow. You go, girl!

Yeah 3+ skanky guys who are trying to get you to go back to their apartment. It's so yucky. :wacko: That's where you break out the whole ignoring thing, then if that doesn't work you shout until you get a crowd, and sometimes break out the shoe-beating (or at least you could do the last part, i went through steps one and two but never 3).

Heh, nothing to really tell. In Jordan, my experiences were I was completely fine on my own, but if I let my hair down literally, it drew a lot of attention. I narrowed it down to being my hair through various nerdy tests of addition and elimitation of factors. So, basically, if I was out with my hair down and out as well, my trip would run the gammit of just stares mostly, but usually at least one "I love you" to sometimes more forward (and honest probably) requests for me to go home with them that night.

usually at least one "I love you" to sometimes more forward (and honest probably) requests for me to go home with them that night.

:thumbs: That's straight outta slim's "how to pick 'em up" playbook right there.

I'll ask 'em to go home with me that night and if they say no, (or hesitate) I'll hit 'em with the, "I love you." Much like Colt 45 - works every time!

Русский форум член.

Ensure your beneficiary makes and brings with them to the States a copy of the DS-3025 (vaccination form)

If the government is going to force me to exercise my "right" to health care, then they better start requiring people to exercise their Right to Bear Arms. - "Where's my public option rifle?"

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline
:thumbs: That's straight outta slim's "how to pick 'em up" playbook right there.

I'll ask 'em to go home with me that night and if they say no, (or hesitate) I'll hit 'em with the, "I love you." Much like Colt 45 - works every time!

Except the last one never left. ;)

11/13/2009 -- Mailed I-129F

11/17/2009 -- Received NOA 1

02/10/2010 -- NOA 2 Mailed

02/16/2010 -- NOA 2 Received (via email)

02/19/2010 -- Petition forwarded to Moscow

04/23/2010 -- Scheduled Interview - SUCCESS

07/20/2010 -- Entrance to USA POE Anchorage

08/21/2010 -- Wedding

11/04/2010 -- Mailed AOS

01/25/2011 -- AOS Interview - SUCCESS

Member of the RUB group, where high horses meet low brows.

Except the last one never left. ;)

Like Charlie Sheen said, "you don't pay 'em for sex... you pay 'em to leave."

Русский форум член.

Like Charlie Sheen said, "you don't pay 'em for sex... you pay 'em to leave."

If you ever get to an estimate of a final price, please post it up.

Travelers - not tourists

Friday.gif

If you ever get to an estimate of a final price, please post it up.

Getting married for sex is like having kids for a tax credit.

Русский форум член.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.