n_deep_jen

aos medical exam while pregnant

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am planning to file my AOS this month but I really don't want to get vaccinations while i am still pregnant.I am 7 months pregnant now.I called some civil surgeons in my area and most of them said i really need to have vaccinations in order for them to issue the form I-693...i really thought that the vaccination document worksheet that i had from the Philippines is enough...what am i gonna do?I'm kinda worried getting the vaccinations,i wanna do it after i deliver the baby..advice please?thanks

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You should definitely let them know when you go in, before anything, that you're pregnant. I think with pregnant women they don't give you (MMR) mumps, measles, and rubella shots. But definitely let them know you're pregnant.

N-400
05/30/2013 Sent N-400 package to AZ lockbox via USPS priority mail with delivery confirmation
06/14/2013 Biometrics letter received
06/17/2013 Early Biometrics

06/19/2013 In line for interview
08/08/2013 Scheduled for interview
08/13/2013 Received interview letter
09/16/2013 Interview (Passed)

10/25/2013 Scheduled for oath

10/29/2013 Received oath letter

11/15/2013 Oath

ROC Process I-751
1/12/2010 Sent I-751 package to CSC via USPS Priority Mail with Delivery Confirmation
1/25/2010 Received NOA1
2/04/2010 Received Biometrics Letter
3/29/2010 Approved. Card Production ordered.
4/03/2010 Card Received! (Total: 81 days)

Timeline

Yeah. Let them know you're pregnant right when you go in. I know for the K-1 medical they waive the chest xray for pregnant women. There's also a column on the vaccination worksheet the doctor can check for "Not medically appropriate" which I imagine is what they would do for vaccinations that are contraindicated by pregnancy.

Pregnancy is a reasonably common condition: they'll know how to safely handle it at the medical.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Timeline
Yeah. Let them know you're pregnant right when you go in. I know for the K-1 medical they waive the chest xray for pregnant women. There's also a column on the vaccination worksheet the doctor can check for "Not medically appropriate" which I imagine is what they would do for vaccinations that are contraindicated by pregnancy.

Pregnancy is a reasonably common condition: they'll know how to safely handle it at the medical.

They do NOT waive the chest xray in the case of pregnancy. It is considered safe by National Institues of Health standards and USCIS will not waive it. You have the option to have the medical with xray or delay the medical until after the birth of the baby.

Wishing Everyone Speed, Success, Happiness and Love,

TinTin and Samby

Timeline
They do NOT waive the chest xray in the case of pregnancy. It is considered safe by National Institues of Health standards and USCIS will not waive it. You have the option to have the medical with xray or delay the medical until after the birth of the baby.

Checking the material from the medical clinic in Vancouver, if a person is pregnant they don't charge you for the xray and don't do one. I don't know if they defer it until AOS or what, but pregnant women taking an immigration medical at the Woking medical clinci in Vancouver definitely do not get a chest xray.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: China
Timeline
Checking the material from the medical clinic in Vancouver, if a person is pregnant they don't charge you for the xray and don't do one. I don't know if they defer it until AOS or what, but pregnant women taking an immigration medical at the Woking medical clinci in Vancouver definitely do not get a chest xray.

On the vacination supplement your civil surgeon can request a waiver on certain vaccinations. For example not age appropriate, contradiction or insufficient time interval. I would think you would qualify for a a waiver as you do have a medical contradiction (pregnant) but I am not a doctor nor USCIS. Take a look at part 2 of I-693 medical and vaccination record and consult your civil surgeon

Timeline
I am planning to file my AOS this month but I really don't want to get vaccinations while i am still pregnant.I am 7 months pregnant now.I called some civil surgeons in my area and most of them said i really need to have vaccinations in order for them to issue the form I-693...i really thought that the vaccination document worksheet that i had from the Philippines is enough...what am i gonna do?I'm kinda worried getting the vaccinations,i wanna do it after i deliver the baby..advice please?thanks

The doctor in the Philippines told my wife she would have to get follow up for one or more vaccinations in the USA and the doctor here said as long as she had 1 it was ok and didn't have her take any more. Human Papillomavirus and herpes zoster vaccination is no longer required. HIV test is no longer required either. I think you are only required a chest x-ray if you test positive on the TB skin test, but if you have received the BCG vaccine in the Philippines against TB, you will most likely test positive, so you need to tell them you had the BCG vaccine and they *might* not do a chest x-ray if you test positive. I am not a doctor.

Timeline

I know the TB tests are handled differently in different countries depending on the degree of local risk. In the Philippines, where there is (apparently) a much higher risk of having TB, they place a much greater emphasis on the skin tests. In Canada, they give everyone the chest xray, but seem to only do the other tests if something shows up on the xray. I remember being slightly worried about this because on my medical, the section for the skin/swab tests are empty, but some people were saying they were getting RFEs for incomplete TB tests. I got through OK with just a chest xray, with the medical form indicating that the xray was normal.

DON'T PANIC

-Douglas Coupland

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.