lgg

New travel rules!

30 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

i am a little worried about my move -- I am flying to the US once it comes time for me to POE.... with the new regulations, with bringing only one bag, what am I going to do? I am planning on flying with my kitty, and I don't want to check her, obvs but am I really going to have to check my purse, rather, my laptop bag that acts as my purse. It will have my phone, laptop, passport, wallet and all my very important things in it... this is so far my only real stress and I'm not sure what to do now?

Geez.

USCIS

NOA #2: Approval June 25th, 2009 - 92 days

NVC

July 8, 2009 to August 10, 2009 - 28 days

Interview Assigned - December 3, 2009 - FINALLY!!

Medical - December 14, 2009 - Passed

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

Port of Entry - February 26, 2010 Baltimore International, Maryland

USCIS -- ROC package sent off

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

January 04, 2012 Biometrics

September 2, 2012, RFE Received.

September 22, 2012 RFE responded to

October 15, 2012 ROC approved, 10 Green card on its way.

kermit_the_frog1237963302.jpg

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

And beware of advice from experts, pigs, and members of Parliament."

Kermit the Frog

Visit my News Feed Page -- Good Reads for Everyone!

Timeline

Oh wow, that is SO cool. Thanks so much for that -- what an easy fix. IT seems that Georgia is NOT considered a carry-on item. Good news and thanks for that...

:)

You're a peach...

I do hope I'm reading that correctly, as in I AM allowed to carry her on as well as my small computer/purse bag that looks like it matches the picture they've shown. Just wonder if I'm allowed to carry both.

I think I may have just confused myself...

:blink:

Edited by lgg

USCIS

NVC

Embassy/Interview - January 26, 2010 Montreal, Quebec Canada - 167 days PASSED!!!

November 26, 2011 to Vermont station November 30, 2011 received NOA1December 16, 2011 received biometrics appointment.

"Here's some simple advice: Always be yourself. Never take yourself too seriously.

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

buy baggie clothes today and start sewing big pockets!

or train your cat to stay on your head, pretend it's a wig.

Seriously, I'm sorry about the added stress of improvised security procedures (F)

Timeline

Allo, Souris...

Well, I'm not what to do, I guess I'll call air Canada, it's a short flight but geez, what a pain the butt, really. I wish I was coherent enough to understand those regulations. If those things are NOT considered carry on, does it mean that they're not allowed or is that a list of bring it on board, people?

Seriously, I'm sorry about the added stress of improvised security procedures (F)

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: Timeline
Oh wow, that is SO cool. Thanks so much for that -- what an easy fix. IT seems that Georgia is NOT considered a carry-on item. Good news and thanks for that...

:)

You're a peach...

I do hope I'm reading that correctly, as in I AM allowed to carry her on as well as my small computer/purse bag that looks like it matches the picture they've shown. Just wonder if I'm allowed to carry both.

I think I may have just confused myself...

:blink:

Yeah. I think I did what you did. lol. Best thing to do would be to call the airline since they don't have a cat with a circle and an X on the pic list. LOL

:lol:

iagree.gif

Timeline

Pffft Kitty wig!

Yeah, I imagine ole Georgie is not going to be impressed with any aspect of this voyage -- if I wore her as a wig, I'd have to say goodbye to mah face and the top of head....

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Timeline

Which reminded me of this program I was watching last night. It was called something like....locked up abroad?

Anyway, the first one was 2 American girls who were locked up in a prison in Peru for - i'm not sure how long - 3 years I think, for trying to import cocaine - I believe it was planted on them though (I missed the first part of this one).

The second one was a British guy who worked in the financial district and decided to go travelling. He agreed to carry gold in to Nepal from India, in a jacket that had big pockets (yes, there is some connection here haha). Needless to say they all got caught, again I can't remember how long he ended up staying in that Nepalese prison.

Then there was an American guy who decided to ride his motorcycle around Columbia and surprise! he got kidnapped. He was pretty wily though and refused to eat and pretended to be bleeding and eventually his kidnappers turned him over to the red cross.

<wanders away>

Timeline

You get back here, Missie!

Um, then ixnay on the aggybpantsbay...

;)

Which reminded me of this program I was watching last night. It was called something like....locked up abroad?

Anyway, the first one was 2 American girls who were locked up in a prison in Peru for - i'm not sure how long - 3 years I think, for trying to import cocaine - I believe it was planted on them though (I missed the first part of this one).

The second one was a British guy who worked in the financial district and decided to go travelling. He agreed to carry gold in to Nepal from India, in a jacket that had big pockets (yes, there is some connection here haha). Needless to say they all got caught, again I can't remember how long he ended up staying in that Nepalese prison.

Then there was an American guy who decided to ride his motorcycle around Columbia and surprise! he got kidnapped. He was pretty wily though and refused to eat and pretended to be bleeding and eventually his kidnappers turned him over to the red cross.

<wanders away>

Hmmm, I'll keep you all posted -- once I call Air Canada and find out the information, I'll post if for anyone else who my be in mine and kitty's shoes.

Ooh, she knows i'm talking about her, she's sleeping on her blankie and just looked up at me like, "whatchyoo talkin' 'bout Willis?"

forget it then, we don't want you (or kitty) to get arrested for being armed and dangerous!

Yeah, I would call Air Canada :)

Take care Lgg and kitty :luv:

USCIS

NVC

Kermit the Frog

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

When I flew back a couple days after they changed the rules, they were letting people carry on smaller laptop bags, but it couldn't have wheels at all and had to be on the smaller side.

Removing Conditions

Sent package to VSC - 8/12/11

NOA1 - 8/16/11

Biometrics - 9/14/11

Timeline

<wanders away>

Previously, you could buy "messenger" tickets (maybe it's still possible, not sure) - you got a really low fare , but you had to give up your luggage quota to the transport company. However, I think you didn't handle the "package" and it was all legal. Since you still had to travel with the limited cabin bag, there was all kind of "tricks" on how to bring more than what was allowed. I've seen some crazy stuff while working at the airport too...

When I flew back a couple days after they changed the rules, they were letting people carry on smaller laptop bags, but it couldn't have wheels at all and had to be on the smaller side.

I swear, they must have some strange, limbless invalid in a small, dark room that makes up these regulations.

"Yes, terrorists only carry carry-on baggage that has wheels. So we eliminate the wheels, we eliminate the threat of terrorism!"

I think most people are fine with heightened security...but most of the recent security regulations seem to be entirely devoid of logic.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Timeline

(really short hijack)

are the restrictions the same on WestJet flying province to province?

I now return you to your regularily schedualed thread

April 8, 2007- Met on-line playing World of Warcraft...Me a troll he a Tauren

10/11/2008 Married in Lakewood Washington

USCIS

12/08/2008 CR-1/I-130 mailed

12/19/2008 NOA1

03/09/2009 NOA2

03/09/2009 I-130 approved

NVC

03/19/2009 NVC case # generated

09/25/2009 Completed at NVC

01/11/2010 Interview Assigned..flight and hotel booked same day.

01/20/2010 Medical in Vancouver....no issues reported

02/05/2010 Interview in Montreal..APPROVED..with a few tears at the end!!

02/11/2010 POE...Peace Arch or PAC

thm_thm_php8UO03s.jpg

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.