USA - Visa

Police archive records - Turkey

10 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

I need help to understand Police archive records better. We sent the US Embassy what the police gave us and it said archive records on the form.

On the translation of the Police record it says, "Results of the Judicial record of previous conviction investigation:

The person with the above identification has no Judicial record of previous conviction.

The person with the above identification has no Judicial archive records of previous conviction.

They said, "The one you sent did not have archive records. Please send us Police Record with archive records."

My Fiancée has no records since she was 16.

What do archive records look like if you don't have any record of arrest or Judicial Records? She is clean, so there is nothing.

I don't want to get declined because I didn't get this right.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Well - welcome to Canada!

Your post director, krikit, will be redirecting your post to Turkey shortly.

Please fasten your seatbelt and thanks for stopping by :)

Edited by trailmix

Filed: Timeline
Well - welcome to Canada!

Your post director, krikit, will be redirecting your post to Turkey shortly.

Please fasten your seatbelt and thanks for stopping by :)

:lol:

Moving from Canada forum to Europe & Eurasia forum. I'll also edit your subject line to include the country to make things easier. Thanks for flying with us! We know that you have many choices so we appreciate your business. :)

iagree.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline
I need help to understand Police archive records better. We sent the US Embassy what the police gave us and it said archive records on the form.

On the translation of the Police record it says, "Results of the Judicial record of previous conviction investigation:

The person with the above identification has no Judicial record of previous conviction.

The person with the above identification has no Judicial archive records of previous conviction.

They said, "The one you sent did not have archive records. Please send us Police Record with archive records."

My Fiancée has no records since she was 16.

What do archive records look like if you don't have any record of arrest or Judicial Records? She is clean, so there is nothing.

I don't want to get declined because I didn't get this right.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Can you call the embassy and ask?

In my personal situation, when I was trying to explain the police certificate to my fiance, even though he is fluent English, he didn't comprehend the idea of 'current AND ARCHIVED records.' It just didn't make sense to him because he didn't have any record at all. But he said 'ok' and went out and got a police certificate anyway (which I'm sure only has the current records). I found the Turkish translation of the sentence "make sure to specifically request current and archived records" and it is: "ÖNEMLİ: Adli Sicil Kaydınızı talep ederken hem güncel ve hem arşiv kayıtlarınızı talep etmeniz gereklidir. Ġran‟ın." I'm currently waiting to hear back from him to see if that clears anything up. I know that I can't specifically answer your question, but hopefully if she didn't get the right certificate, she can get it quickly. Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you.

11/29/2010 Sent AOS package
12/10/2010 NOA1
01/07/2011 AOS transfer to CSC
01/11/2011 Biometrics
2/08/2011 AOS approved
2/22/2011 Green card in hand!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Can you call the embassy and ask?

In my personal situation, when I was trying to explain the police certificate to my fiance, even though he is fluent English, he didn't comprehend the idea of 'current AND ARCHIVED records.' It just didn't make sense to him because he didn't have any record at all. But he said 'ok' and went out and got a police certificate anyway (which I'm sure only has the current records). I found the Turkish translation of the sentence "make sure to specifically request current and archived records" and it is: "ÖNEMLİ: Adli Sicil Kaydınızı talep ederken hem güncel ve hem arşiv kayıtlarınızı talep etmeniz gereklidir. Ġran‟ın." I'm currently waiting to hear back from him to see if that clears anything up. I know that I can't specifically answer your question, but hopefully if she didn't get the right certificate, she can get it quickly. Hopefully someone else has a better answer for you.

Now you have me wondering if we sent in the correct version. I had a hard time explaining the Current and Archived Records thing too.. but had to trust him he got the right thing. We've already sent the packet in and have an interview date, so if it is the wrong one I wonder if they would have sent the packet back and not scheduled the interview.. or are they just going to spring it on us at the interview that it's not the right version...

Just want to get this all over with. Too much stress and worrying about forms I can't see, and things I have no control over.

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline
Now you have me wondering if we sent in the correct version. I had a hard time explaining the Current and Archived Records thing too.. but had to trust him he got the right thing. We've already sent the packet in and have an interview date, so if it is the wrong one I wonder if they would have sent the packet back and not scheduled the interview.. or are they just going to spring it on us at the interview that it's not the right version...

Just want to get this all over with. Too much stress and worrying about forms I can't see, and things I have no control over.

Hi,

When I got the e-mail of my interview date I used that to e-mail them some questions to make sure all the papers were in order. Thats when they sent me the info that they wanted the origional certificate (I sent a copy by mistake) and archive records. I was lucky they handled it this way rather than send back the whole package. So try an e-mail and ask if you need to bring anything else to interview.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline
Hi,

When I got the e-mail of my interview date I used that to e-mail them some questions to make sure all the papers were in order. Thats when they sent me the info that they wanted the origional certificate (I sent a copy by mistake) and archive records. I was lucky they handled it this way rather than send back the whole package. So try an e-mail and ask if you need to bring anything else to interview.

I will try emailing them by replying to the interview email. I have emailed several times, directly from the Embassy web page, and I have only gotten a response once. To get that response I had to send an email saying I had emailed a question several times and no one had answered. Haven't gotten a response to my emails since then.

I'll try it and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

Jenn

02/23/08 - Met in Turkey
07/09/08 - Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.
06/04/09 - 2nd Denial of Visitor Visa to U.S.A.

09/22/09 - I-129F Sent
09/24/2009 - NOA1
10/19/2009 - NOA2

INTERVIEW DATE - February 23, 2010 - also the two year anniversary of the day we met smile.png

03/30/2010 - Married

04/29/2010 - Mailed AOS Packet
07/14/2010 - AOS Approved!
07/24/2010 - Green Card in Hand!

04/26/2012 - Mailed ROC Packet
01/03/2012- ROC Approved

01/10/2013 - 10 year Green Card in Hand

04/14/2102 - Mailed N400 Packet

05/13/2013 - Biometrics
08/19/2013 - Citizenship interview

09/18/2013 - Oath Cermony.

It's finally all over! He's a citizen :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

the worst that can happen is that you'd have to get the correct version, right? (sort of like the situation the original poster is in, assuming that for some reason the certificate doesn't contain archived records). hopefully it'd only set you back no more than a week. gotta stay positive, because its so easy to lose sleep over these little details. at least the end result is well worth it:)

does anyone who's first language is turkish know how to correctly explain the whole current and archive records thing to the turkish fiance?

11/29/2010 Sent AOS package
12/10/2010 NOA1
01/07/2011 AOS transfer to CSC
01/11/2011 Biometrics
2/08/2011 AOS approved
2/22/2011 Green card in hand!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.