Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

The instructions i have say specifically to only send "copies" and NOT originals. I have to get Caihla's bc corrected..apparently Montreal is in Ontario..O.o....LOL i have no idea how that got screwed up cuz i check the papers at the hospital and no way no how would i have put i was born in montreal ontario..i mean seriously??

HWDWm6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey everyone!

I haven't posted in a while, got a little crazy towards the end.

Well, where do I start?

June 24th was the due date, which well... Nothing happened! I was starting to get annoyed!!! I just wanted the little man out!

I was scheduled for an induction on the following Thrusday, July 3rd. Canada day came by, I was really hoping he was going to come then, would've made me happy but, oh well. I was starting contractions on that day. At about 235am I woke up to pee, went to lay back down, and I didn't feel right. Cramps started so, I thought, maybe I have to go to the washroom again, got up, get to the door and BOOM! Water broke, my reaction, "Oh, no!" LOL

I didn't wake my husband up right away (We got married on June 20th), went to the washroom again, a little icky but, whatever. I woke my husband up, his reaction was funny, just, jumped out of bed and was wide awake - I was not expecting that lol.

Mother in law zoomed over, she was to take us into town to the hospital. My contractions started shortly after but, not that bad, manageable; just like bad period cramps.

Dropped our little pitty off at grandpa's and we're then off to the hospital. As we got close my contractions started to get stronger and closer together. Got to the hospital around 4am, they hooked me up all up, got my IV going. I could've killed the RN who did my IV. I don't know what the hell she was doing with my hand but, she had no luck and left my hand a mess!

Everything was going well, then the contractions started to get worse, I then decided since I could get stoned, why not? I got a nice dose of whatever painkiller they gave me but, that didn't last very long. They gave me a second shot of it but, that probably made it worse. I then went ahead with the epidural. I am so glad I got it, as scared as I was with getting a needle in my back, honestly, it wasn't that bad!! I only flinched because she didn't give me a god damn warning and I thought I messed it all up but, I was good to go!

At around 1pm I think I started to feel the need to push but, I guess I wasn't ready to go just yet, had to wait a little longer. Then at about 130 or so, I was given the okay to start pushing. 246pm little baby Liam was born. We named him after daddy, William but, since there are a lot of Williams in the family, we decided to call him Liam.

Liam was born at 7lbs and 15oz, 21.5" long, healthy and strong. Had a two day stay at the hospital, coming home was a little scary but, I was glad to be back home and comfortable.

He had his first doctor's visit today, gained 11oz so, he's doing really well! Breastfeeding is a little tricky, so, if you ladies have any tips, do share!

Edited by GermanCanadian89

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! For breastfeeding early and often! I was feeding my babies every 1.5 hours and that helped them get latched on right and got the supply that they needed. Although early on, their stomaches are so tiny that they need to eat often.

Hey everyone!

Well, where do I start?

June 24th was the due date, which well... Nothing happened! I was starting to get annoyed!!! I just wanted the little man out!

I was scheduled for an induction on the following Thrusday, July 3rd. Canada day came by, I was really hoping he was going to come then, would've made me happy but, oh well. I was starting contractions on that day. At about 235am I woke up to pee, went to lay back down, and I didn't feel right. Cramps started so, I thought, maybe I have to go to the washroom again, got up, get to the door and BOOM! Water broke, my reaction, "Oh, no!" LOL

I didn't wake my husband up right away (We got married on June 20th), went to the washroom again, a little icky but, whatever. I woke my husband up, his reaction was funny, just, jumped out of bed and was wide awake - I was not expecting that lol.

Mother in law zoomed over, she was to take us into town to the hospital. My contractions started shortly after but, not that bad, manageable; just like bad period cramps.

Dropped our little pitty off at grandpa's and we're then off to the hospital. As we got close my contractions started to get stronger and closer together. Got to the hospital around 4am, they hooked me up all up, got my IV going. I could've killed the RN who did my IV. I don't know what the hell she was doing with my hand but, she had no luck and left my hand a mess!

Everything was going well, then the contractions started to get worse, I then decided since I could get stoned, why not? I got a nice dose of whatever painkiller they gave me but, that didn't last very long. They gave me a second shot of it but, that probably made it worse. I then went ahead with the epidural. I am so glad I got it, as scared as I was with getting a needle in my back, honestly, it wasn't that bad!! I only flinched because she didn't give me a god damn warning and I thought I messed it all up but, I was good to go!

At around 1pm I think I started to feel the need to push but, I guess I wasn't ready to go just yet, had to wait a little longer. Then at about 130 or so, I was given the okay to start pushing. 246pm little baby Liam was born. We named him after daddy, William but, since there are a lot of Williams in the family, we decided to call him Liam.

Liam was born at 7lbs and 15oz, 21.5" long, healthy and strong. Had a two day stay at the hospital, coming home was a little scary but, I was glad to be back home and comfortable.

He had his first doctor's visit today, gained 11oz so, he's doing really well! Breastfeeding is a little tricky, so, if you ladies have any tips, do share!

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Well, where do I start?

Congratulations on the birth of Liam!!! I love that name. Do you mind if I ask what is tricky about breastfeeding?

My main piece of advice is to try to figure out what's wrong early and don't suffer for a long time. Does the hospital have lactation consultant appointments? If it's painful, did they check for a tongue or lip tie?

You can call La Leche League for free- I was having some issues with my daughter for awhile and this nice lady called me back from my message and we must have talked for over half an hour. She gave me a ton of great ideas and most importantly to me at the time, encouraged me and said I was doing a good job and not to give up and beat myself up. She offered to have a lactation consultant come to the home but said that would cost. But the phone conversation itself was free. I also went in for a few appointments at the hospital's lactation consultation office when she was having some weight gain issues and they were helpful there too. That did cost a little but insurance picked up most of that tab.

Long story short, we had issues, I reached out for help and Lily is now 9 months and we have a good nursing relationship. Relatively. Teeth have made things a bit more exciting lol.

Hang in there- you can do it!

VeeNDee

April 23, 2013 - AOS interview - Approved!

January 26, 2015 - Mailed off ROC Application

June 30, 2015 - 10 year greencard in hand

January 25, 2016 - N400 Application Mailed

May 11, 2016 - Citizenship Interview + same-day Oath ceremony!

Timeline
Teeth have made things a bit more exciting lol.

Hang in there- you can do it!

Yeah, talk about teething making things interesting. My Edward has gotten his third tooth on the top gum now - tonight he was crawling around and I was laying on my back just kind of relaxing for the evening. He acted like he was hungry still so I lifted my shirt, and he kind of went to town sucking then all of a sudden - CHOMP! That was the end of nursing for tonight. I think he was just playing around. I need to be careful at that point he doesn't "eat" me.

Timeline

I haven't posted in forever, but, I had a similar IV problem. They stabbed me four times till the realized that the tube that runs the ####### in was closed off. Needless to say, because of that, I had to go all natural. I was 9 days over due, and my son came out quick. I got to the hospital and an hour later, delivered a 9lb 11oz baby on May 26th. He just keeps getting bigger tho lol. At one month, he was already at 13lbs. Its been two weeks since that weigh in, I think he's gained 2 lbs. Anyways, here is our newfie/cali baby :)

69529F91-945B-4E1A-9814-8AF653DDC963_zps

and he will be a shark one day :) hopefully

10552426_10154356149090128_8466566631644

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question. What do you do if you are expecting a baby and still living in Canada while DH is in the US? We were living in the US, where DD was born and planned to move back to Canada but it didn't work out so we are going back to the US. Since the wait for the IR-1 Visa is so long, it interferes with our plans. We were thinking of going ahead and having baby in Canada (I can visit for a few months up to 36 weeks)... then DH will take holidays near the due date and after baby is born we head back for a month or so until our timeline is near up. Obviously not staying in the US longer than allowed. I would LOVE to have our next baby in the US at the birth centre like with our first but the chances of our Visa processing quickly is unlikely. Not sure what to do. We don't want to NOT have another because of this, and we don't want to wait years because of it either. Has anyone else done this? Thoughts? Experiences?

I lived in the US from 2010-2013 and had a K-1 Visa and 2yr GC. When we moved back I had to abandon it because I was knowingly residing in Canada, using healthcare etc.

See profile for our K-1 Visa/AOS story from 2010-2011Apparently we love USCIS/NVC so much we left and are doing it again! This time giving IR-1 a whirl. Rock on immigrators.

07/09/2014 sent in IR-1 packet to Chicago Lockbox

07/16/2014 NOA1

07/17/2014 check cashed by USCIS

10/01/2014 found out we are expecting baby #2 June 2015!

12/15/2014 NOA2

12/30/2014 Case received by NVC

03/23/2015 Received Case and Inv # from NVC after many calls and bogus excuses.

03/24/2015 AOS payment accepted by NVC

04/09/2015 IV payment finally accepted by NVC after the set the wrong fee and took weeks to correct it.

*many more delays thanks to the agency processing my fingers prints to the RCMP and the post office losing our mail*

05/20/2015 Packet sent to NVC via UPS, eta May 28.

06/16/2015 Baby #2 due - homebirth in Scottsdale, AZ

Timeline

Thanks for the tips ladies! I guess my main problem for breastfeeding is, one breasts produces more then the other. I've seemed to figure it out a little.. Still lop sided but, I've just come to accept that. I try and pump 6oz everyday to get a stock pile in the freezer going.

The little guy feeds roughly every 1.5 to 2hrs some days it feels like every hour, making it a little ticky to pump. And I think pineapple juice has been helping my supply as well.

I like your little onesie your little man is wearing wowswift, that's cute!

I am not looking forwards to the medical bill from here. I got an epidural and recived the bill from the anesthesiologist - jezz, where do they come up with these prices?! The US needs to smarten up and get on the same track as canada with health care. Maybe then their hopsitals wouldn't be writing off 3million dollars worth of unpaid medical bills. Unreal. And what I loved most was, once the nurses found out I was canadian, they automatically assumed I was covered. I don't know how many times I've explained that our health care doesn't work like that. "Oh, I thought your health care was 'Universal'" ... Yeah, in CANADA! Why would my health care benefits travel with me, it's not like it's travlers insurance (dummies!).

Timeline

Oh! Also I've filed for maternity/parentel benfits from EI back home. What a bloody headache that's been for me!

I filed this back in April or maybe May when I was still home waiting to get my passport back from the consulate.

They orginially denied me because, I didn't have enough hours. I had well over 1000 hrs, and you need 600hrs. I stopped working back in Aug 2013 to, "go back to school" - But really I just left to come be with my hubby. I didn't want to quit in case I came back for a few weeks, I could make a couple of bucks. Claimed what they call student status, so, I could come back when I want. Anyways, if you don't notify EI about your work situtation right away, you can screw yourself in the end.

From what I understand if you're a student you can't claim EI so, I never bothered with applying. Plus, you won't get paid if you're in and our of the country either. So, really, what was the point? Well then, I got pregnant and months later I then found out, I can apply for benefits, and so I did. Everything seemed promising until, I found out I was rejected because, they're only looking at the months that I started my claim to Aug, giving me 450hrs, which means, I wouldn't have been able to recieve anything. I was so pissed! I apealed and in July was when I finally recieved a call.

I had to explain everything to the agent, and help the understand why I filed so late, blah blah blah... Here is where it gets interesting. Maybe a week later I get another phone call from a different agent saying, they're going to accept my claim and I was to get paid in 2-3 Business days (The week liam was born). I check my account back home, NOTHING! Then monday comes around,nothing, I call the agent again, she then explains, something is wrong with the system so by Thursday if I don't recieve anything to call back. Nothing thrusday, and Nothing on friday.

Monday the 21st I call again, now she tells me, I don't qualify. ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME!!!! You just told me I was to get paid two weeks ago and all of a sudden?! What the heck! I was so angry!! Then I get told, "Let me look at your file, I will call you back". She did call me back, told me that she'll push my claim through, this friday I will see a deposite, and NOTHING! God damn it! I called again! (What a headace!)

Today, I finally recieved slips to record my hours. which I think I messed up, on two slips I put unable to work because I was still pregnant. and the last slip i left blank since, I guess I can work now but, really, I can't so, I don't know what to put now.

The agent I spoke to yesterday told me it might not be until Aug 12 for everthing to go through. 4 mos I've been waiting for a payment, what a system!

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Sigh so today I got my daughter's application for Canadian citizenship returned in the mail. They said it was an incomplete application. I could've sworn I had everything. ARGH. So apparently:

"You have not enclosed copies of supporting documents certified by an authorized person. We are unable to accept photocopies that are not certified because it is the child's first application for citizenship certificate."

What a bunch of blargh. They have proof I'm a Canadian citizen and that she is my daughter, so why do they need her passport photocopy certified. And, now I need to figure out who this mysterious 'authorized person' is - so annoying!

I can't deal with this now. It's just too much.

I know this is the baby thread, so I'm not even sure if I should post this, but somehow I feel not to do it is to ignore an existence.. I am currently going through a miscarriage. I will never know my baby's gender or what it would have looked like, but I still want to honour them with a name. This process is so hard. ;(

VeeNDee

Timeline

Sigh so today I got my daughter's application for Canadian citizenship returned in the mail. They said it was an incomplete application. I could've sworn I had everything. ARGH. So apparently:

"You have not enclosed copies of supporting documents certified by an authorized person. We are unable to accept photocopies that are not certified because it is the child's first application for citizenship certificate."

What a bunch of blargh. They have proof I'm a Canadian citizen and that she is my daughter, so why do they need her passport photocopy certified. And, now I need to figure out who this mysterious 'authorized person' is - so annoying!

I know this is the baby thread, so I'm not even sure if I should post this, but somehow I feel not to do it is to ignore an existence.. I am currently going through a miscarriage. I will never know my baby's gender or what it would have looked like, but I still want to honour them with a name. This process is so hard. ;(

I can't help you with the certificate, I still haven't done it for ours.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I had a early miscarriage and it really messed up my head. I never thought to name my baby and yes I feel like it is my baby even if I never met him/her. I think if it helps you then a name is very fitting, their are plenty of gender neutral names that would be perfect.

Big internet hug

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I can't help you with the certificate, I still haven't done it for ours.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. I had a early miscarriage and it really messed up my head. I never thought to name my baby and yes I feel like it is my baby even if I never met him/her. I think if it helps you then a name is very fitting, their are plenty of gender neutral names that would be perfect.

Big internet hug

I'm just avoiding dealing with the citizenship app for a week or two. I know there is a time period if I want my money back or to re submit the same application though.

We decided to name our unborn baby - we chose the gender neutral name of Rory Kendall. It really helps to have a name to remember them by. We are also getting a Willow Tree statue called Angel's Embrace. Helps to know they are being held even if it's not by us.

419b8SFzq-L._SY300_.jpg

Edited by VeeNDee

VeeNDee

Timeline

I'm just avoiding dealing with the citizenship app for a week or two. I know there is a time period if I want my money back or to re submit the same application though.

We decided to name our unborn baby - we chose the gender neutral name of Rory Kendall. It really helps to have a name to remember them by. We are also getting a Willow Tree statue called Angel's Embrace. Helps to know they are being held even if it's not by us.

419b8SFzq-L._SY300_.jpg

Yes the application can wait a few.

Love the name, and the angel is comforting.

/big internet hug

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

VeeNDee, so sorry to hear of your loss. I am glad you have chosen to name your little one. I look forward to the day we are all reunited with those we have lost too soon.

• 3 weeks later...
Timeline

So i just checked the site and they CHANGED the forms...and info..and yes..they do not have a link to " authorized people who can notarize" ...I just printed my papers a few months ago..now they go and change it all.argh. price went down..75$ from 100$ though. i'll just use the one at my bank i guess since now we have the money to send it off.

Oh Sweetie! Im so sorry for your loss :( I'm glad you decided on a name anyway, it only seems right to do that. Hugs.

Edited by Kimbear

HWDWm6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.