Team J and B

Got Baby? Avez vous un bebe?

2,143 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh I'm sorry they are talking c-section already, some doctors really like to push c-sections. I hope everything goes the way you want, and if you really want to avoid a c-section I would really push why they want to do it. If it is just because your size and they think you can't have a big baby then I would keep pushing, but that is just me. You can always tell the doctor you want to try before you head in for a c-section they can still have everything set if it turns out you do need it. Since they sent you to a perinatologist is it that doctor or you regular Ob wanting the section?

Ya i was wondering what is with doctors doing that. And its not just here i remmber up north people i knew having to have c-sections. last year alone 5 ppl i knew 4 of them had c-sections. What every happend to letting the baby come out on its own? i mean i can understand if your like a week over due or something but if its not oiut by your due date half the docs want to cut you open! i mean GEEZ.

HWDWm6.png

Timeline

When I got to 36 weeks, my husbands co-workers started asking him when my induce date was. They kept asking him if it was set yet. He finally told them that I would not be getting induced, they would get this funny look on their faces then reply that the Doctors would not let me make it to my due date. I think my Doctor knew better to even ask me if I wanted to set a date, he never once mentioned it.

Back home I none of my friends ever had this problem, the Doctors were always the baby comes when its ready. Maybe that was just the Sault and because we have many older OB's who are just set in their ways. Maybe the Doctors are so worried here about Malpractice that C-sections are just easier because they can control what happens that way. Natural deliveries they just sit and catch haha.

Spoiler

Met Playing Everquest in 2005
Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Citizenship for older 2 boys

Filed 03/08/2014

NOA/fee waiver 03/19/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

In line for Oath 06/20/14

Oath 09/19/2014 We are all done! All USC no more USCIS

Timeline

I had an ultrasound last week and her growth has 'normalized' so it seems they're going to let me carry her to term and deliver naturally. I agree with you girls, I'm not a fan of early inductions or planned C-sections unless there is a serious medical issue. Its important to me that she comes out when she is ready. I have a friend who was induced the other day at 38 weeks because her doctor was going on vacation. That's absolutely ridiculous to me... No way I would agree to that. I don't care, have a different doctor deliver her.

I hit 37 weeks yesterday, I can't wait to meet her :) Everything's is ready to go, I'm just waiting...

Edited by Hugglebuggles

YAY babies! Nothing new to report for babies for me on my end. We're trying really hard tho ;)

My boss's wife has a planned C Section today. Her pelvis was too small to naturally deliver their first baby, so they just went ahead and scheduled this one.

WOOT, I"M THE BOSS! for 2 weeks...

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

Timeline

I had an ultrasound last week and her growth has 'normalized' so it seems they're going to let me carry her to term and deliver naturally. I agree with you girls, I'm not a fan of early inductions or planned C-sections unless there is a serious medical issue. Its important to me that she comes out when she is ready. I have a friend who was induced the other day at 38 weeks because her doctor was going on vacation. That's absolutely ridiculous to me... No way I would agree to that. I don't care, have a different doctor deliver her.

I hit 37 weeks yesterday, I can't wait to meet her :) Everything's is ready to go, I'm just waiting...

That is great news :dance:

I agree getting induced just because your Doctor is going on vacations has got to be the most ridiculous thing ever. Chances are he still wont be the doctor who delivers is the baby takes too long and his shift is over. :bonk:

37 weeks time sure flies, but at the same time it is so dang slow too. Do you have your birthing plan/wishes all planned out?

I wish you a safe, speedy labour and delivery.

@Peachy Congrats on being the Boss for 2 weeks :devil:

We are still trying here also and no luck yet :(

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: Other Country: Canada
Timeline

When my brother's wife was pregnant she was having problems with high blood pressure so they wanted to induce her early. She wanted them to wait til the next day but they insisted on doing it on Thursday because a long weekend was coming up. :unsure:

The reason she wanted to wait a day was because that day was the day my son was born one year earlier. My nephew was born by c-section just after 11pm on the day my son was born.

mvSuprise-hug.gif

Timeline

I'm all about what is going to be safe for the baby's so I'm keeping an open mind. I decided not to do a birth plan, and just let it be. I still haven't decided on an epidural either... I figure I will see how far I can get, test my limits and go from there. But I was very unhappy with the idea of them not letting me try to deliver naturally. There is still a possibility I'll end up with a c-section, and I'm OK with that if it needs to happen. Basically if she comes out in the next week or so, it should be fine, but if I go to 40 weeks or more maybe not. We'll see! They think she's about 7.5 lbs now, which is perfect, but at week 40 she cold be closer to 9, not that its a really reliable science.

My body looks sooo weird. I'm carrying the baby all out front... my hips, butt and everything else hasn't grown an inch. Just a jumbo gut.... :lol: Things are getting harder... I have a lot of pelvic pain, walking is becoming a chore. If I get much bigger I'm not sure how mobile I'll be. So I'm hoping for an early arrival!

Good luck to you gals and thanks for the encouragement! Trying is the fun part!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm all about what is going to be safe for the baby's so I'm keeping an open mind. I decided not to do a birth plan, and just let it be. I still haven't decided on an epidural either... I figure I will see how far I can get, test my limits and go from there. But I was very unhappy with the idea of them not letting me try to deliver naturally. There is still a possibility I'll end up with a c-section, and I'm OK with that if it needs to happen. Basically if she comes out in the next week or so, it should be fine, but if I go to 40 weeks or more maybe not. We'll see! They think she's about 7.5 lbs now, which is perfect, but at week 40 she cold be closer to 9, not that its a really reliable science.

My body looks sooo weird. I'm carrying the baby all out front... my hips, butt and everything else hasn't grown an inch. Just a jumbo gut.... :lol: Things are getting harder... I have a lot of pelvic pain, walking is becoming a chore. If I get much bigger I'm not sure how mobile I'll be. So I'm hoping for an early arrival!

I did do a birth plan because there were some things that we did really want to happen and since we were using a care group rather then just a specific Dr we wanted all of them to be aware of what we wanted. I tried to make my appts so I got a chance to see each Dr once so we could talk about things we wanted (since hubby was a medic and has delivered a few babies, he wanted to deliver Emma and thankfully all the Dr's were ok with that provided all was going smoothly)! As for epidural or not I was much like you. I wanted to at least try to do it without one. But since I did have to be induced (I was a couple days overdue and had low fluid) I think it made it a bit more difficult to go naturally....especially since my contractions were less then a minute apart!!

I had an open mind about a c-section as well, and for awhile we thought that maybe I would need one. She was kinda stuck behind my pelvis and after pushing for about 4hrs she stareted getting a bit stressed.....thankfully I was able to deliver. I made sure I did a lot of reading and talked to my Dr's about a c-section just in case. I wanted to be prepared.

I hope all goes quickly and smoothly for you Huggles....I look forward to seeing some pics soon!

Timeline

I had a very basic birth plan. I was encouraged by the nurse when we did a hospital tour and I'm glad I did.

I picked a certain hospital because it was a tad bit more friendly for medfree birth. I marked down that I would like to be able to move/walk around with out being constantly connect to the monitors. Marked that I would ask for pain meds if I thought I needed to please not ask me.

Also I didn't want the HepB vax they give at birth, I wanted them to wait on the eye goop till she was sleepy.

I wanted her on my belly as soon as she came out, they cleaned her up right on me then after a few they weighed and measured her. I also had it marked down that I did not want them to give her sugar water, that I would nurse as soon as possible.

Nothing is concrete, but it allows the nurses to see what you are trying for.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I made a birth plan strictly to avoid having an Episiotomy and to make sure that No medical students were allowed to be in my room. I brought it to the hospital but never used it because my doctor knew my wishes and was pretty good about everything. I was induced so any of my other requests went out the window pretty quick, I did however want an epidural with both my deliveries.. I am a wimp and proud of it :)

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Timeline

My fear of needles is bigger then my fear of pain.

I didn't get my doctor and I knew I most likely wouldn't but the hardest part for me was the waiting for the doctor to get there. I had to try and not push that is the hardest thing ever to do. The next time (if there is one) I am not waiting for the freakin doctor the darn nurse can catch the baby. If I can convince my husband I will do a home birth with a midwife.

Spoiler

Engaged 9-15-2006
K-1 & 4 K-2'S
Filed 05-09-07
Interview 03-12-08
Visa received 04-21-08
Entry 05-06-08
Married 06-21-08
AOS X5
Filed 07-08-08
Cards Received01-22-09
Roc X5
Filed 10-17-10
Cards Received02-22-11
Citizenship
Filed 10-17-11
Interview 01-12-12
Oath 06-29-12

Filed 03/08/2014

Biometrics 04/15/14

Interview 05/29/14

Timeline

:lol:

om my how time flies...i swear it was like 2 months ago you told us you were expecting! :lol: Hope you have a wonderful delivery. I cannot wait to see the pics of your darling daughter! :luv:

HWDWm6.png

Hope everything will work out how you want it to :). Don't forget to post pictures of your little one :blush:.

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

YAY babies! Nothing new to report for babies for me on my end. We're trying really hard tho ;)

My boss's wife has a planned C Section today. Her pelvis was too small to naturally deliver their first baby, so they just went ahead and scheduled this one.

WOOT, I"M THE BOSS! for 2 weeks...

Awwww yeah!! B-)

UJaZm4.png

***Ever thine, ever mine, ever ours... xoxo***

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I was cleared to start trying again, we will see what happens

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.