karenros

Thought i was done but guess not...

15 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Thought i was done with the USCIS...Not yet...

They havent updated my status... I am still listed as a Legal permament Resident....

Cause yest i had been to the DMV to remove my LPR Status from my License.. so i took the certificate(forgot to sign it) but later signed it...

Today i got a call from the DMV saying that i need to call the USCIS and update my status as being a citizen until then they wont send me my drivers license ...when they issue the certificate why cant they update their system..

The infamous line is good for nothing they dont know to check for anything i would have to make an infopass appointment to tell them to do their job...

I am seeing a trend where the uscis issues something and doesnt update the status... the same thing happened tome soon after i gotmy EAD.. whatever they send to the SS office didnt make it...it took me 6 months to get my SSN because the system sucked...

I am going to the SS office to Change my status tomm if that doesnt workout i will contact my congresswoman..

I was so happy in the morning and when i heard the news from the dmv i wanted to wring some necks today...

on the bright side my computer is fixed

Thanks,

Karen

I-751

1/12/08 - sent I-751 to TSC

2/7/08 - money order cashed

1/24/08 - Transferred to VERMONT

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

12/16/2008 finally Approved

N-400

12/03/08 Eligible to file N400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

11/07/09 Case sent to Local office for interview

11/23/2009 Received interview letter with an as of date of 11/18/2009

12/15/2009 Interview scheduled ---Approved

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well that sucks. I know I went the day after I received my certificate to update SSA. They told me they needed to verify the information with USCIS and that it was so recent that I should expect it to take a week or two. About 10 days later I received my updated SSN card. It sounds like you may be in the same situation - until the ceremony - which was just recent - USCIS doesn't know that you are going to become a citizen until you actually take the oath. Just like at the POE there is a timelag involved before they get the information into the system.

I expect it isn't a unique situation - just the regular processing that needs some time to take place - but still, it is very annoying. When you get the updated SSN card then you know you are updated in the system and you can take care of the DL issue then.

Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Kathyrn,

Thanks for the answer... so should i wait for few days and then make a infopass appt?

I-751

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

N-400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes, I would. You've just had your oath so allow a few more days for them to get the information into the system. Going the updated SSN route will give you definite proof when you are in the system - the new SSN card has a neat USA logo all around it. You may not need the infopass appointment after all. Good luck.

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Timeline

Thanks,

SO i will go to the SSA office in the lunch break and update my status with the SSA

I-751

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

N-400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Does the USCIS really have a database on who has a green card or a USC certificate? If so, why do they want copies of it for any application and in particular if you should lose your card or certificate?

Furthermore, never had problems in entering the field office, always dropped my wife or daughter off at the door to find a place to park. They told me they have to show their green card to get in. I just say I was parking the car and go in, as long as I am not carrying dangerous weapons like a camera or a cell phone.

Filed: Other Timeline

Hi Karenros,

Funny, that the DMV keeps track of records as to who has LPR or not...

Is it because your license expires, based on the dates of your green card expiry and that is why you had to go to the DMV?

Does your license itself say Permanent Resident on it, that you have to inform them of the change from LPR to USC?

Oh well..maybe it's just a NC thing, for everyone, regardless?

Sorry that you are having a hard time with thd DMV about this. I do hope that you get it sorted out and that you get your new license soon too.

I can't believe either, that they would tell you to go back to the USCIS to further update them.

For pete's sake..you showed them your certificate already...Isn't this proof enough already?

Lol....I guess not then...As they have to rely on their computers instead of the actual paper certificate...lol

And yes, there is a trend that the USCIS does not update their databases...

Heck, my online status still says, "scheduled for interview" (or something like that)..even though I've been a USC for over a month!

If I were you, I would get an infopass appointment too, and tell them to update their system, so that you can get your license.

Good luck with that, and I hope you get it sorted out asap.

In the meantime, update your SSN with the SSA....

That's what I did first, as I knew that everyone else was going to check there to verify the records with them....

Lol...When I went to the SSA....

They said the same thing too..that it is not verified with the USCIS yet (understandale, I guess, as I went the next day after I got citizenship).

But when I showed them my original naturalization certificate...

I INSISTED that they update their SSA database RIGHT AWAY as I was going to apply for an Enhanced Driver's License (and maybe a Passport)..and that I needed such before the holidays, and I wasn't going to wait around for the USCIS to update them and ruin my travel plans in the meantime..lol..

So they did that...and showed me the proof of such and update, which I also signed for, and their database did show that I was a US Citzen, despite it not being updated by the USCIS yet...lol....

I even got a new SSN card too, when I updated them...(even though I didn't need another card...lol..)

I guess this makes up for the time that they delayed my first SSN Card (it took them 8 weeks..to verify my immigration status)...and the time when they lost my son's SSN Card (sent it to the wrong address....and I had to go 'chase' after them for it...lol..)

And the next day, I went and applied for an Enhanced Driver's License (for citizens only) at the DMV...

They checked my records with the SSA...and had no problems there..

So I suggest to you too, before you go back to the DMV again (and eventually to get your Passport), to go to the SSA first...

And update your US Citizen status first with them....

Lol..Don't count on the USCIS to do your updates..Update the SSA, DMV, Passport Office, etc. yourself instead!

Hope this helps too. Good luck with the rest of your post-citizenship journey too.

Ant

Thought i was done with the USCIS...Not yet...

They havent updated my status... I am still listed as a Legal permament Resident....

Cause yest i had been to the DMV to remove my LPR Status from my License.. so i took the certificate(forgot to sign it) but later signed it...

Today i got a call from the DMV saying that i need to call the USCIS and update my status as being a citizen until then they wont send me my drivers license ...when they issue the certificate why cant they update their system..

The infamous line is good for nothing they dont know to check for anything i would have to make an infopass appointment to tell them to do their job...

I am seeing a trend where the uscis issues something and doesnt update the status... the same thing happened tome soon after i gotmy EAD.. whatever they send to the SS office didnt make it...it took me 6 months to get my SSN because the system sucked...

I am going to the SS office to Change my status tomm if that doesnt workout i will contact my congresswoman..

I was so happy in the morning and when i heard the news from the dmv i wanted to wring some necks today...

on the bright side my computer is fixed

Thanks,

Karen

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2006 ( 3 Months I-485 Wait) "Adjusted": 2-Years Green Card.

2007 ( 2 Months) "Numbered": SSN Card.

2007 (<1 Months) "Licensed": NYS 4-Years Driver's License.

2009 (10 Months I-751 Wait) "Removed": 10-Years 5-Months Green Card.

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 4 Months) "Moved": New House Constructed and Moved Into.

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Secured": US Citizen SSN Card.

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

2010 ( 1 Month) "Voted": US Citizen NYS Voter's Registration Card.

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

NickD-I wondered about that myself too....Does the USCIS keep an updated database of Naturalized USCs...I guess not then...

And then they have the nerve to demand a copy of the certificate when it has been lost....

Which is contradictory to the "It is illegal to copy" words in bright red ink marked in front of the certificate...

So if someone loses their certificate and says.."Umm...I didn't make a photocopy of it, because it says 'it is illegal to make copies'..." then what happens?

Do they not get a replacement certificate, just because they obeyed the red words clearly stated on the certificate there?....lol..

(by the way, I did ask about this issue, after my oath ceremony...it left the IO somewhat surprised....

and to which they said to me..."one copy for personal use is fine"...and needless to say, I took their word on that one..and made a copy, just in case...)

Ant

Does the USCIS really have a database on who has a green card or a USC certificate? If so, why do they want copies of it for any application and in particular if you should lose your card or certificate?
Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

**Ant's 1432.gif1502.gif "Once Upon An American Immigration Journey" Condensed Timeline...**

2000 (72+ Months) "Loved": Long-Distance Dating Relationship. D Visited Ant in Canada.

2006 (<1 Month) "Visited": Ant Visited D in America. B-2 Visa Port of Entry Interrogation.

2006 (<1 Month) "Married": Wedding Elopement. Husband & Wife, D and Ant !! Together Forever!

2009 ( 9 Months Baby Wait) "Expected": Baby. It's a Boy, Baby A !!! We Are Family, Ant+D+BabyA !

2009 ( 2 Months N-400 Wait) "Naturalized": US Citizenship, Certificate of Naturalization. Goodbye USCIS!!!!

***Ant is a Naturalized American Citizen!!***: November 23, 2009 (Private Oath Ceremony: USCIS Office, Buffalo, NY, USA)

2009 (<1 Month) "Enhanced": US Citizen NYS 8-Years Enhanced Driver's License. (in lieu of a US Passport)

***~~~"The End...And the Americans, Ant+D+BabyA, lived 'Happily Ever After'!"...~~~***

Timeline

Ant,

The first time I need a ssn to work it took around 6 months for the SSA to verify it from the USCIS and until then i couldnt get a SSN no. nor i could get my license...

When i first got my license in oct 2005 I was still a K3 visa holder so that time the DMV didnt put any restriction on my License. I went in on Feb to renew my license and since i had a permament resident card they decided to put to a restriction that i am a legal permament resident and then said to come back when i get my Citizenship...

The reason i had first been to the DMV is that incase i get stopped by a cop which i know is possible he will ask me my green card and since i dont have a green and great ol USCIS records still say i am permanent resident..I would have to spend sometime in prison for not being able to produce my green card cause i had to give it up...or for showing a fake naturization certificate

I went to the SSA office yest and she too checked with the USCIS and its still the same so she gave me a letter its going to take 4 weeks for them to get back with me...

I made a appt with the USCIS on monday at 8:15am.. and i am going to demand that they update their status cause i dont want to be spending time in Jail because they cannot do their work.. everybody suggested I stop speeding...everyone speeds in charlotte otherwise u get run over...

Heck i went to the dmv at 4:00pm (closes at4:30pm) and they gave me a call next day around 1pm...and i am pretty sure that the dmv is busy than the charlotte uscis office.. why cant i recieve the same nice service from the USCIS...

My colleagues that came for the Ceremony too said that they guys up in the uscis office in charlotte could have done a better job with the ceremony...

So on Monday i am going to call the DMV lady from the USCIS office(she said to call her soon after i amout from their office she went to the extent of giving me her direct no..) and i am going show them a letter from the SSA.. about it...Now the USCIS have 2 strikes from different Govt agencies..

Any ways i think i am done venting... will let u know what happens on Monday evening...

I have

Edited by karenros

I-751

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

N-400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Karenros-Ahh...Now I see about your DMV situation...Thanks for explaining that a bit more here..:)

Lol..I couldn't help but think that it seemed a bit "backwards" of the DMV there to issues you non-restrictions with yout K3, and then restrictions with the green card. Shouldn't it have been restrictions on the K3 too, as that's even less permanent status than a green card holder. I guess not then. Oh well, I guess the DMV there did not know the difference between a K3 and permanent resident green card holder.

Only in NC, I suppose, that that they put such immigration restrictions on licenses..Does the license look different with restrictions on it? For example, does it have different expiry dates than a non-restricted license? Did you run into further problems with that too, during your I-751 stage?

Lol..They don't do such here where I am in NYS...and there's no such thing here as a restricted license...so I have no clue there...When I first applied for my driver's license here, I was given a 5yr license, even though I only had a 2yr green card....Oh well....

Yes, then in your case, it would make sense that you went to the DMV there first. It's definitely not a good idea to get that updated, as you don't want to end up in further trouble there. Do cops in NC really check for green cards and restricted licenses? Hmmm.....And you're right too, in saying that you can't produce your naturalization certificate, as you can't carry the original with you, and you can't show them photocopies of such either...

At times like this...seriously, the USCIS should consider making "pocket sized naturalization certificates"....so that one can avoid situations like this...(actually, Canadian naturalization cards are pocket sized...but that's another story....wish the USCIS can learn a thing or two about that....)

Glad that you went to the SSA too, to sort this out..But oh my, 4 weeks seems like a awfully long time for them to wait for the update! And it certainly must have been long for you to wait 6 months before (it took me 8 weeks before too) too, for the SSA to update your records....Hope you get that sorted out, and the SSA does eventually update their records with your new citizenship status.

As well, it's great that you will go to the USCIS and demand that they update their records. You're right, that you shouldn't have to be telling the USCIS to do their job! They should have updated it when you became a citizen, and not have to drag their feet around like that!

Lol..and I agree, they at least could have got the projector to work during your ceremony..what a way to make such a special occasion disorganized!

It was nice of the DMV worker to give you their direct line, so that you can sort this out...And with the proof of your SSA letter...You definitely do have a case with the USCIS there! Just because the USCIS is incompentent, that doesn't mean that the other governement agencies have to appear to be!

Lol...I admit, I love my NYS DMV! They were so nice to me, and actually got things done more efficiently than the USCIS....

I wish the USCIS can learn a thing or two from the DMV! For example, it took me 12 days (and only $80) to gen an Enhanced Driver's License....and it takes 10 months (and $545) to get a green card for me...Both are good for cross-border travel into Canada...and both are WHTI travel docuements with the same barcodes and similar information....Why the difference in time and price..I have no idea.....But yeah...that goes to further show how the USCIS can really be!

Oh and for $675...for a citizenship/naturalization certificate...Just a mere flimsy piece of paper with a glued-on photo....And $400 for a replacement too!

Anyways, good luck with sorting that US Citizenship update out on Monday, and yes, do keep us updated about that here on vj...

In the meantime, don't speed! Seriously....You don't want to end up being in an accident, because of this!

As well, maybe you can apply for a US Passport and Voter's Registration too, to also show proof of your US Citizenship?

On the bright side: After all this is done....You don't have to deal with the USCIS anymore!!

Good luck again, Karenros....:)

Ant

Ant,The first time I need a ssn to work it took around 6 months for the SSA to verify it from the USCIS and until then i couldnt get a SSN no. nor i could get my license...When i first got my license in oct 2005 I was still a K3 visa holder so that time the DMV didnt put any restriction on my License. I went in on Feb to renew my license and since i had a permament resident card they decided to put to a restriction that i am a legal permament resident and then said to come back when i get my Citizenship...The reason i had first been to the DMV is that incase i get stopped by a cop which i know is possible he will ask me my green card and since i dont have a green and great ol USCIS records still say i am permanent resident..I would have to spend sometime in prison for not being able to produce my green card cause i had to give it up...or for showing a fake naturization certificate

I went to the SSA office yest and she too checked with the USCIS and its still the same so she gave me a letter its going to take 4 weeks for them to get back with me...I made a appt with the USCIS on monday at 8:15am.. and i am going to demand that they update their status cause i dont want to be spending time in Jail because they cannot do their work.. everybody suggested I stop speeding...everyone speeds in charlotte otherwise u get run over...

Heck i went to the dmv at 4:00pm (closes at4:30pm) and they gave me a call next day around 1pm...and i am pretty sure that the dmv is busy than the charlotte uscis office.. why cant i recieve the same nice service from the USCIS... My colleagues that came for the Ceremony too said that they guys up in the uscis office in charlotte could have done a better job with the ceremony...So on Monday i am going to call the DMV lady from the USCIS office(she said to call her soon after i amout from their office she went to the extent of giving me her direct no..) and i am going show them a letter from the SSA.. about it...Now the USCIS have 2 strikes from different Govt agencies..Any ways i think i am done venting... will let u know what happens on Monday evening...

I have

Edited by Ant+D+BabyA

Timeline

the licencse looks the same...My license Expires on 3-15-2017 and my greencard expired on 2018...The license doesnt look any different... but in everyone liceense there is a Restriction and endorsment when i had K3 visa the Restriction were none... but now since i had a green card the restriction is no.9 which means legal permament resident on it..

Other than application take 11 months to process in that 10 months were spend in dust collection and 1 month in processing so i didnt have any problems with the dmv... and since i had got my first green card 2006 the uscis had way enough time to update it...but i dont remember having any problems when i went to update status soon after i got my first green card in 2006... I didnt get any letter everything went smoothly and by Feb 18 I got my new card and i didnt wait a long time to go and update it either...and it was fast...

I am not sure whether the cops ask for green and i dont want to find out the hard way... but i am seen cops that land behind me start checking for everybody license plate no's.. and i am sure that the immigration stuff should come up too... actually not cause their systems arent connected.. but NC is pretty harsh when it comes to immigration i think so and that is what i have heard about too...

So i dont know what happened now..

What are u guys going to do with all the letters that the uscis sent?? Keep them burn them? or what..My husband told me to keep it so that we can explain to kids how screwed up the uscis is :D

Anyways thanks for all the answers.

Regards,

Karen

I-751

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

N-400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Karenros-Oh ok...thanks for explaining more about the driver's license card and system in NC. I guess they do things differently down there in the south. Lol..again, there's no such thing as a immigrant-related restriction here in NYS where I am....so I had no clue what you were talking about there before. Oh well...each state is different, I suppose, and I guess it would make some sense that they would have such in NC, since immigration issues are more of a problem there. And you're right in saying that you better go update your citizenship status yourself and be "better safe than sorry" than to find out the hard away by having the cops check into things there. Not good to get in trouble because the USCIS did not update things! Sorry to hear too, that you had problems with the DMV and USCIS before. Hopefully, this time around, you can get this sorted out and don't have any more problems about this. Good luck in dealing with that tomorrow when you have your infopass appointment with the USCIS.

Ant

P.S. As for the letters and paperwork over the years you have collected from the USCIS..It's up to you what you do with them...

Personally, for me, I would keep them, as I keep paperwork anyways (lol..I'm a packrat of sorts), and yes, I would like to show my son someday as to how difficult it was for me to go through such an immigration journey, and in the end be a US Citizen. It should be an interesting lesson, indeed!

As for the non-related USCIS paperwork, such as old joint paid bills, and whatever else...I'm kind of half and half about such...

The important ones I want to keep, but the joint junk mail...really, I want to just chuck that out...

I'll think more about that in the spring/summer..Oh I can't wait to have a big bonfire in my backyard...lol...that should be interesting..

P.P.S. Is it snowing in Charlotte, NC, yet? Lol..I couldn't help but think of the "big snowstorm" last year in 2009 that NC got while I was visiting then...3 inches of snow and the entire city shuts down...lol....now that's what I call funny..:lol:....

the licencse looks the same...My license Expires on 3-15-2017 and my greencard expired on 2018...The license doesnt look any different... but in everyone liceense there is a Restriction and endorsment when i had K3 visa the Restriction were none... but now since i had a green card the restriction is no.9 which means legal permament resident on it..

Other than application take 11 months to process in that 10 months were spend in dust collection and 1 month in processing so i didnt have any problems with the dmv... and since i had got my first green card 2006 the uscis had way enough time to update it...but i dont remember having any problems when i went to update status soon after i got my first green card in 2006... I didnt get any letter everything went smoothly and by Feb 18 I got my new card and i didnt wait a long time to go and update it either...and it was fast...

I am not sure whether the cops ask for green and i dont want to find out the hard way... but i am seen cops that land behind me start checking for everybody license plate no's.. and i am sure that the immigration stuff should come up too... actually not cause their systems arent connected.. but NC is pretty harsh when it comes to immigration i think so and that is what i have heard about too...

So i dont know what happened now..

What are u guys going to do with all the letters that the uscis sent?? Keep them burn them? or what..My husband told me to keep it so that we can explain to kids how screwed up the uscis is :D

Anyways thanks for all the answers.

Regards,

Karen

Timeline

Thanks for the reply... i think we can take 3 inches of snow tonight so that will guarantee to shut our office down for 2 days... I love it when it snows down here...cause there is hardly any traffic on the road...

I-751

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

N-400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

There are things to update? Drivers liscence? ss card? Oh great, I thought we were almost done.

Jodi

K3

10-xx-04 I129 sent

05-xx-05 NOA1 from USCIS - Aproved - Abandoned for Cr1

CR1

11-15-04 I-130 sent

12-10-04 NOA 1 fee changed had to resend info with new fee

12-11-04 Resend case with new fee

02-14-05 NOA 2 I-130 Case aproved and sent to NVC

02-25-05 NVC received case

03-21-05 Received I-864 fee bill

03-22-05 Sent $70 I-864 payment to

04-16-05 Received IV fee bill

04-17-05 Sent $ 380 IV payment to NVC

05-02-05 Received I-864 packet from NVC

05-02-05 Sent I-864 packet to NVC

05-11-05 NVC received IV payment

05-16-05 NVC sent third packet

05-25-05 Received DS-230 and third packet instructions

06-06-05 NVCReceived DS-230 per fed ex confirmation

06-07-05 NVC Enters DS-230 information in system

waiting waiting waiting

06-20-05 Case Completed!!!!!!!yipee.

waiting for interview date.............

7-26-05 Baby born!!!! yaya

8-15-05 Interview set for 9-29-05

9-29-05 Interview suck they want more proof

10-20-05 second interview

10-24-05 yaya haleloujhya finally got it.

10-28-05 going to meet husband in New York. yayayaya

10-30-05 Home!!!!

Lifting Conditions

7-28-07 Mailed form I751 and supporting documents. $275 (Old fee!!!!!Yipee!!!)

8-17-07 Check cleared my account.

8-20-07 Touched

8-30-07 Received Biometric apointment letter.

9-11-07 Biometrics Apointment

9-22-07 Received letter of approval

9-24-07 Received GC Whoo hoo done for 10 years!!!

09-20-09 Sent N-400 for Citizenship

11-01-09 Bio

01-11-10 Passed Interview

01-16-10 Received notice for swearing in ceremony

02-03-10 Swearing in ceremony

Timeline

I went today morning to the uscis office and they said they will update the system by the end of the month... so the dmv is going to extend my temp driving certificate for another 20 days.. the first one expires on 26...

and the lady at the uscis had the nerve to tell me that u shouldnt have gone to the dmv... hello...I am a being a good citizen and doing my thing by updating all my information and these guys give a stupid reason there are so many ppl took the oath... this aint california or some other big state where u have 200 or more ppl taking.

The lady next to me was had a interview in Oct and has been waiting since then... i think this is a lame excuse...

I will wait until the end of the month if not i will contact my congress person....

Jodi,

You dont update the dmv if u dont have permament resident listedon ur drivers license

Edited by karenros

I-751

1/26/2008 - NOA

2/23/2008 -Biometrics

N-400

10/03/09 Mailed N-400

10/07/09 NOA

10/13/09 Check cashed

10/30/09 FP appointment

01/06/2010 Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.