The_Dude

Off Topic Part Quatre

3,936 posts in this topic

No, I havn't yet actually. I've been here alot too before living here, so I'm surprised I havn't.

I've only felt one earthquake and that was...hmmmmm when there was the one in Washington (or Oregon) a few years ago. Can't remember the year. Sometime in the late 90's I think. Came right up the Straight of Georgia. But it wasn't enough for me to realize what it was till I read it in the paper. Victoria would have felt it a lot stronger.

K-1 timeline

Sent I-129f Dec. 29, 2008

Received NOA Jan. 10, 2009

NOA2 email sent April 16, 2009, APPROVED

Interview in Vancouver, June 23, 2009 APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!

Wedding, September 19, 2009, South Carolina!!

AOS

Mailed package to Chicago, Oct. 22, 2009

NOA hard copies Nov. 3, 2009

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

Finally mailed back RFE December 15, 2009

Case transferred to CSC January 7th 2010girlfreuya.gif

EAD and AP Approved, cards sent January 8th, 2010!!

AOS approved February 9th 2010 smiley-happy093.gif

Welcome letter and GC received February 16th, 2010

Done with USCIS until 11/08/11

ROC

Sent 1-751 to Vermont Service Center November 18th 2011

NOA November 23, 2011

Biometrics December 23, 2011

RFE Dated Aug. 17; received Aug. 20th

mailed off RFE end of Oct.

Received Email stating card has been ordered Dec. 4

Received Email stating card should arrive within seven days; Dec 6

GLITTER.jpg

Sorry about another post right away, ran out of time for my edit... :blush:

Rhianne!! You're an organizer now!! How cool is that?? Congrats! :)

Edited by TimandJoyce

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
I've only felt one earthquake and that was...hmmmmm when there was the one in Washington (or Oregon) a few years ago. Can't remember the year. Sometime in the late 90's I think. Came right up the Straight of Georgia. But it wasn't enough for me to realize what it was till I read it in the paper. Victoria would have felt it a lot stronger.

may have been the 1 I felt, as I felt 1 in the late 90's in Victoria!! Will take snow any day over that!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Was listening to the radio--the radio host was telling a story about being asked "Why does your National anthem say...'We stand on cars and freeze'?"

I was in tears laughing!

08-31-07: MARRIED!

USCS JOURNEY

04-18-08 : Mailed I-130

05-28-08 : Received NOA2

NVC JOURNEY

08-26-08: Mailed Choice of Agent (DS-3032)

09-19-08: DS-3032 received. Notice to pay IV Application Processing fee

06-08-09: Paid $400 IV fee and $70 AOS fee

12-21-09: Mailed AOS and IV package

12-28-09: Failed Login

01-07-10: Case complete!!!

MONTREAL EMBASSY JOURNEY

03-31-10 : Medical exam

04-27-10 : Interview date

11-12-10 : Received Visa

03-06-11 : USA entry

dVUNm7.png

may have been the 1 I felt, as I felt 1 in the late 90's in Victoria!! Will take snow any day over that!!

I think I remember that one...and I also remember one in early 2001, if I remember correctly, that had an epicenter North of Seattle, but was still felt here. I think there was one other small one I felt once too.

Married: 07-03-09

I-130 filed: 08-11-09

NOA1: 09-04-09

NOA2: 10-01-09

NVC received: 10-14-09

Opted In to Electronic Processing: 10-19-09

Case complete @ NVC: 11-13-09

Interview assigned: 01-22-10 (70 days between case complete and interview assignment)

Medical in Vancouver: 01-28-10

Interview @ Montreal: 03-05-10 -- APPROVED!

POE @ Blaine (Pacific Highway): 03-10-10

3000 mile drive from Vancouver to DC: 03-10-10 to 3-12-10

Green card received: 04-02-10

SSN received: 04-07-10

------------------------------------------

Mailed I-751: 12-27-11

Arrived at USCIS: 12-29-11

I-751 NOA1: 12-30-11 Check cashed: 01-04-12

Biometrics: 02-24-12

10-year GC finally approved: 12-20-12

Received 10-year GC: 01-10-13

------------------------------------------

Better to be very overprepared than even slightly underprepared!

Sorry about another post right away, ran out of time for my edit... :blush:

Rhianne!! You're an organizer now!! How cool is that?? Congrats! :)

It's pretty cool, now I can move topics which I couldn't move before which bothered me :lol:

Good thing I've had experience with forum management.

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Timeline

Possibly the one in Feb. 2001.

I think I remember that one...and I also remember one in early 2001, if I remember correctly, that had an epicenter North of Seattle, but was still felt here. I think there was one other small one I felt once too.

Feb. 2001 and it was south of Seattle between Tacoma and Olympia - Nisqaully Earthquake. I know, my aunt was in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Nisqually_earthquake

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

Possibly the one in Feb. 2001.

Feb. 2001 and it was south of Seattle between Tacoma and Olympia - Nisqaully Earthquake. I know, my aunt was in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2001_Nisqually_earthquake

Ahhh Thanks Mal! I couldn't quite remember the year, but I knew we bought the house in '98 and it wasn't long after that. Hope your aunt was alright.

My cousin was in a high rise during that awful one in CA in '89. She said the whole building was swaying back and forth, but it had been built to withstand quakes. I think it was '89, could have been '88. Was only 15 seconds long I believe.

K-1 timeline

AOS

RFE Nov. 17, 2009

ROC

NOA November 23, 2011

GLITTER.jpg

Timeline

That was 4 months before I moved to Washington. If I had gotten my way and moved in 2000, I would've been there. :lol:

My aunt was fine. :) She said the trees were rolling like they were on an ocean.

Montreal: BEAT!!! Approved!!!!!

event.png

We would get an earthquake once every 3-5 years in Sudbury.

I remember the last one... it was about 5:30 in the morning and I felt my bed shake and heard a rumble. I thought to myself (half asleep) man the train is loud, I hope it didn't derail (there was a train track at the end of my street). Then on my way to work I heard it was an earthquake.

About a year later they had a blast that mis-fired at a mine (no one was hurt), but I remember everyone saying it was another earthquake lol.

12/31/2009 - Marriage

07/21/2010 - AOS approved

08/04/2010 - Green Card received (and it's actually green!)

05/30/2012 - Sent ROC packet to VSC

06/08/2012 - Received NOA1 for ROC (Dated 06/04/2012)

So since my husband's obsessed with Star Trek online right now I decided to take one of his character slots and try the game.

You get to name your ship... so I called it the U.S.S Aboot.

Is that a weird thing to call a ship? :lol:

~*Relationship Info In Profile And Fiance(e) Visa/Adjustment of Status/Removal Of Conditions Info In My Timeline*~

Looking for your favourite Canadian foods that you can't find in the US?

Try this site! http://www.canadianfavourites.com/

Good morning!

Going to enjoy the hockey game tonight! Blues have one player from Saskatchewn, Leafs have three! :lol: Going out to supper prior to the game as well. I'm a lucky lady! Enjoy your day...and weekend!

teacoffee-750.jpg

carlahmsb4.gif

Filed: Timeline

I have much to do today. I should not be on this computer.

Krikit, I hope the move starts to go better! Bad husband for announcing that the RE agent would be appearing at your door the next day! I probably would have said, no he's not - what's his numberrrrr

Yeah, I wasn't impressed. <_< Particularly since I had plans with my friends at the time he told her to come over. She is now coming this evening.

Thanks for the condolences everyone! lol

Wyatt/Krikit: Awww :( Moving is very stressful and fights do happen. Im all moved in to Baltimore now but I still picked several fights with the hubby this week bec of my move. I know, doesnt relate really. But he wanted to move to Baltimore and thus I had to move to Baltimore and the snow in Baltimore made it impossible to live there this week and now Im mad at him for deciding to live there.

... yes, it confuses him too when I explain things...

That made perfect sense to me! :lol:

Was listening to the radio--the radio host was telling a story about being asked "Why does your National anthem say...'We stand on cars and freeze'?"

:lol:

My cousin was in a high rise during that awful one in CA in '89. She said the whole building was swaying back and forth, but it had been built to withstand quakes. I think it was '89, could have been '88. Was only 15 seconds long I believe.

It was definitely '89. My Dad had just gotten off the Bay Bridge not 15 minutes before (the one that collapsed) and was at my aunt and uncle's when it hit. He said he stood in the doorjam and hung on while he watched the pool empty first out of one side, and then the other. He said the land rolled like waves coming through. I remember we could not get in touch with them and I was a mess until they finally got through sometime the next day to say they were alright. My aunt had gone out and picked him up an "I Survived" t-shirt some enterprising person was already hawking the next day. :lol: SO not funny, though. :(

We would get an earthquake once every 3-5 years in Sudbury.

I remember the last one... it was about 5:30 in the morning and I felt my bed shake and heard a rumble. I thought to myself (half asleep) man the train is loud, I hope it didn't derail (there was a train track at the end of my street). Then on my way to work I heard it was an earthquake.

The first time I felt one I was in the laundry room and went running up the stairs because I thought a truck or something had hit the house! You can imagine my confusion when everything looked normal. I thought I was in the twilight zone! :lol:

Going to enjoy the hockey game tonight! Blues have one player from Saskatchewn, Leafs have three! :lol: Going out to supper prior to the game as well. I'm a lucky lady! Enjoy your day...and weekend!

Have fun tonight, Carla! Go Leafs!!!!!!!

iagree.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.