FaSa2008

im a citizen and i want to bring my stepdaughter to usa

22 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello All:

i have some questions regarding what steps to take if my husband and I want to bring his daughter to live with us!

I know its quicker if i ask for her since iM THE CITIZEN, and I would have to filll out the I130 petition

i need her bc

our marriage certificate

and what else ? hows the process ? she is 9 Yrs old, im wondering about the whole process and how long does it take! and the whole ordeal

thanks

Visa I 130 for Step Daughter

Sept 2010-- Getting documents ready. sent BC out for translation.

March 1st 2012-- Sent documents to USCIS

June 15th 2012 EMAIL OF APPROVAL !!

Dec 15th 2012 -- Interview scheduled ( 1-23-2013)

Jan 9th 2013--Medical Exam

Timeline

Also my husband is a lawful permanent resident! can he bring her automatically to live with us i just read something abt the rejoining benefits?

hw does that work?

Hello All:

i have some questions regarding what steps to take if my husband and I want to bring his daughter to live with us!

I know its quicker if i ask for her since iM THE CITIZEN, and I would have to filll out the I130 petition

i need her bc

our marriage certificate

and what else ? hows the process ? she is 9 Yrs old, im wondering about the whole process and how long does it take! and the whole ordeal

thanks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Romania
Timeline

vj2.jpgvj.jpg

"VJ Timelines are only an estimate, they are not actual approval dates! They only reflect VJ members. VJ Timelines do not include the thousands of applicants who do not use VJ"

IF YOU ARE NEW TO THE SITE, PLEASE READ THE GUIDES BEFORE ASKING ALOT OF QUESTIONS. THE GUIDES ARE VERY HELPFUL AND WILL SAVE YOU ALOT OF TIME!

Timeline

It is quicker if me as a citizen petitions her correcT!?

or is it the same if my hhusband who is a lawful permanent resident petitions for her!?

Also how long does this type of petitions usually take? how many months?!

Thanks

Also my husband is a lawful permanent resident! can he bring her automatically to live with us i just read something abt the rejoining benefits?

hw does that work?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
It is quicker if me as a citizen petitions her correcT!?

or is it the same if my hhusband who is a lawful permanent resident petitions for her!?

Also how long does this type of petitions usually take? how many months?!

Thanks

quicker if the USC step parent does it

YMMV

Timeline

Thank you!!

Im wondering if we want her to come to USA and she misses her mom for ex can she go back and forth !? or does she have to wait for her green card to et out of the country?!?! we can ask fir a travel document correct!?

how would it work in this case!?

quicker if the USC step parent does it

The visa she would receive is an immigrant visa - which means she can travel to and from the US even if she doesn't physically have the green card in her possession yet - basically, she'll be a legal permanent resident once she receives the visa.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline

oh really where do i read about that info?! because we would like for her to come here little by little she misses her dad but we know if she is here for too long she ll miss her mom as well!

we were wondering if she can travel back and forth!

so basically it would be a permanent visa that she will get?! I wish there was a guide for this kinda of questions!

=)

thanks

The visa she would receive is an immigrant visa - which means she can travel to and from the US even if she doesn't physically have the green card in her possession yet - basically, she'll be a legal permanent resident once she receives the visa.

There is no such thing as a 'permanent visa'. There are immigrant or non immigrant visas; the process her father will be initiating is via form I 130, which leads to an immigrant visa. Google it.

SA4userbar.jpg

Timeline
oh really where do i read about that info?! because we would like for her to come here little by little she misses her dad but we know if she is here for too long she ll miss her mom as well!

we were wondering if she can travel back and forth!

so basically it would be a permanent visa that she will get?! I wish there was a guide for this kinda of questions!

=)

thanks

If by permanent visa you mean greencard... then yes... but a greencard is not permanent... it must be maintained

YMMV

Timeline

Got ya! So by her being an inmediate relative and when the 1 130 IS approved she has to go to the US consulate in Peru for the visa number so that she can travel!?

:wacko:

If by permanent visa you mean greencard... then yes... but a greencard is not permanent... it must be maintained

Timeline

I have everything I need as far as

Step Daughter's Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate that proofs Iam married to her dad

Form I 130

Do I need and Afffidavit of support?! and which form!?

When she is requested for the interview

She needs to bring the whole process of

Vaccinations

Police ceritficates

Medical Exam!?

Yes, she will have to be interviewed at the consulate in Peru and when/if approved, will receive a visa in her passport.

Timeline
I have everything I need as far as

Step Daughter's Birth Certificate

Marriage Certificate that proofs Iam married to her dad

Form I 130

Do I need and Afffidavit of support?! and which form!?

When she is requested for the interview

She needs to bring the whole process of

Vaccinations

Police ceritficates

Medical Exam!?

Affidavit of support (I-864) comes later after the I-130 is approved and the case file is at NVC as does the DS-230.

medical/vaccinations at interview

she is too young for a police certificate (age 16 before it is needed)

moving thread from K-1 fiancee visa forum

Edited by payxibka

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.