ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

If the call comes to you it will be around 11 or 12 at night... they dont care if you are sleeping and like calling late to catch you off your guard. They will also call her and her family at the same time they have you on the phone.

Central and north FL is alot hotter in the summer than where you are now... those short hills up there are tall enough to block the breeze and lock in the hot air... you will really miss the ocean breezes...

Stay on them and keep busy.... dont forget that the VN workers there dont know #######... when they post a job opening, Lindal shared one a while back, they will pay a USC almost twice what they will pay a VNC... pay is much lower and so are the expectations...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

It's now 3 months in AP purgatory. Ugh...what a miserable feeling :(

Received a letter from Senator Nelson to give the Consulate until November to process our case. Funny thing is that last week my fiance went to the Consulate in person and one of their robot employees told her to wait an ADDITIONAL 1 year :unsure:

It is obvious that the Consulate is just pulling numbers out of their rear end. I guess they are nicely trying to tell us to f&*# off until they feel like getting to our case. I see that about 50% of cases in this AP thread are resolved in 3 months or less. Now our case is going into the other 50% of those waiting beyond 3 months. I really hope that the Consulate will begin the preliminary investigations into our case in the next month or so. The signs I am looking for are random phone calls to my residence or to Thu's residence, random visits by Consulate investigators to Thu's residence or village to question people, etc. This may not be the case for us because some members reported that none of this happened while they were in AP.

On a personal level, I am still in school doing my MBA online. I also will begin job hunting next month. My current job is manageable but the pay is lousy. I am also looking to move up state to Central/Northern Florida. I also got a new phone a few weeks ago (HTC EVO 3D). This is my first ever Android phone so it will take me a while to get used to this smart phone stuff :) Thu got sick a few days ago because she got soaked by a rain storm while on her way back from the Consulate. She is doing a lot better now. She wanted to get a job at a Nike factory not too far from her home but the fumes made her feel nauseous so she quit after 1 day.

Other than that everything else is okay. Once again, I hope the Consulate gets moving on our case soon considering it has been 3 months now. If we don't hear anything by Thanksgiving, I am considering pushing Senator Nelson harder and harder to try to do something. That's it for now. I hope to report something more positive next month. Later!

Hang in there. It is going to happen.good.gif

Do not ever listen to what the consulate people say unless that you have a visa.

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Now it has been 4 months in AP. I really hope that we are past the midway point of waiting. Judging from the timelines of other cases in AP, it looks like they could start investigations within a few weeks. Scott told me that some things to look out for are the random phone calls late at night and also strange visits by Consulate investigators. While not all AP cases go through this, I would still like to see it happen if for no other purpose than to give me peace of mind that they are doing something...

Thu kept bugging me to keep emailing the Consulate and writing my Senator and I did. A while ago I received a letter response to my inquiry from Senator Nelson. He said to give the Consulate 3 months (until November) to finish processing our case. In a couple of weeks or so I will hold him to that and write him again. From that point going forward I want to be more aggressive in terms of contacting them for case updates. It probably won't accomplish much but at the least I am letting them know that I still give a you-know-what about our case. I just worry a little that the Consulate will get pissed if I overdo it too much.

From those of you that have gone through how, how much pressure should I apply before I would piss off the Consulate? How much emailing and writing and complaining should I do? Some people claim that once they contacted this special person, the ball started rolling. Besides emailing the Consulate and contacting my Senators and Representatives who else can I contact to make noise? I am tired of being a weakling. I want to yell and scream about my case so everybody can hear...

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Keep calling DoS for status updates asking when the date of last activity was...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Now it has been 4 months in AP. I really hope that we are past the midway point of waiting. Judging from the timelines of other cases in AP, it looks like they could start investigations within a few weeks. Scott told me that some things to look out for are the random phone calls late at night and also strange visits by Consulate investigators. While not all AP cases go through this, I would still like to see it happen if for no other purpose than to give me peace of mind that they are doing something...

Thu kept bugging me to keep emailing the Consulate and writing my Senator and I did. A while ago I received a letter response to my inquiry from Senator Nelson. He said to give the Consulate 3 months (until November) to finish processing our case. In a couple of weeks or so I will hold him to that and write him again. From that point going forward I want to be more aggressive in terms of contacting them for case updates. It probably won't accomplish much but at the least I am letting them know that I still give a you-know-what about our case. I just worry a little that the Consulate will get pissed if I overdo it too much.

From those of you that have gone through how, how much pressure should I apply before I would piss off the Consulate? How much emailing and writing and complaining should I do? Some people claim that once they contacted this special person, the ball started rolling. Besides emailing the Consulate and contacting my Senators and Representatives who else can I contact to make noise? I am tired of being a weakling. I want to yell and scream about my case so everybody can hear...

I would call them till their ears bleed.whistling.gif

Timeline

Thank you Curtis and Scott. Your support truly helps me deal with this process. Thanks much!

K1 Visa Stage
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.

Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

Timeline

Thank you Curtis and Scott. Your support truly helps me deal with this process. Thanks much!

No need to thank. I hope and have even said a couple of prayers for you both. I want you to get your babe here and be as happy as I have been. Ever need anything don't hesitate to send a message.

I feel it will happen and I just hope it is sooner than later. I hope by the holidays.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

It's time for the 5 month update:

I have continued my constant emails to the Consulate but the case is still pending. A couple of months ago I mentioned that Senator Nelson wrote a letter to me to give the Consulate 3 months to complete processing of our case. November marked the end of the 3 months and I held him to his word and sent him another letter. I basically told him that the Consulate is full of it and not to believe their BS excuses. I will continue to write him over and over and over again. In fact, I also plan to involve my other Senator, Senator Rubio as well as my Congressman so they can start dealing with the Consulate. The moral of the story is that the time has come to become aggressive. I will bombard them with inquiries over and over until our case gets resolved.

My fiance submitted evidence such as emails, pictures and chat logs to the Consulate without my approval a few weeks ago and this angered me. I have heard other VJ members say that submitting evidence at this stage could cause more delays but she swears that some of her friends submitted evidence and suffered no additional delays. The thing that totally pissed me off was that she MAY have submitted chat logs where we address each other as "husband" and "wife". Maybe this is my fault because I should have drilled it in her head from day one that we should NEVER address each other this way until we are married. Now the possibility exists that the Consulate has these chat logs. My fiance is convinced that some friends of hers did the same thing on their own K1 cases and they still got a pink. She is convinced it is no big deal. She wants to submit piles of evidence once per month to show the Consulate we are continuing our relationship. I am not yet sure if I will agree to participate.

I have to say that it is really frustrating when you and your fiance are not on the same page when it comes to strategy execution. Thu thinks this is about showing the Consulate how much we love each other and if we show them how lovely we are as a couple, they will go "awwwww lets give these guys a pink slip". My theory is that they are people paid to do their job of fraud prevention. I don't think they give a sh*t about anybody's feelings or emotions. They are paid to stop fraud at all costs. If our case ends up being denied for inconsistent communication or relationship issues or whatever, I will look back at the day she went behind my back to submit those "husband & wife" chat logs. This AP nonsense can't end soon enough for me :(

K1 Visa Stage

Timeline

It's time for the 5 month update:

I have continued my constant emails to the Consulate but the case is still pending. A couple of months ago I mentioned that Senator Nelson wrote a letter to me to give the Consulate 3 months to complete processing of our case. November marked the end of the 3 months and I held him to his word and sent him another letter. I basically told him that the Consulate is full of it and not to believe their BS excuses. I will continue to write him over and over and over again. In fact, I also plan to involve my other Senator, Senator Rubio as well as my Congressman so they can start dealing with the Consulate. The moral of the story is that the time has come to become aggressive. I will bombard them with inquiries over and over until our case gets resolved.

My fiance submitted evidence such as emails, pictures and chat logs to the Consulate without my approval a few weeks ago and this angered me. I have heard other VJ members say that submitting evidence at this stage could cause more delays but she swears that some of her friends submitted evidence and suffered no additional delays. The thing that totally pissed me off was that she MAY have submitted chat logs where we address each other as "husband" and "wife". Maybe this is my fault because I should have drilled it in her head from day one that we should NEVER address each other this way until we are married. Now the possibility exists that the Consulate has these chat logs. My fiance is convinced that some friends of hers did the same thing on their own K1 cases and they still got a pink. She is convinced it is no big deal. She wants to submit piles of evidence once per month to show the Consulate we are continuing our relationship. I am not yet sure if I will agree to participate.

I have to say that it is really frustrating when you and your fiance are not on the same page when it comes to strategy execution. Thu thinks this is about showing the Consulate how much we love each other and if we show them how lovely we are as a couple, they will go "awwwww lets give these guys a pink slip". My theory is that they are people paid to do their job of fraud prevention. I don't think they give a sh*t about anybody's feelings or emotions. They are paid to stop fraud at all costs. If our case ends up being denied for inconsistent communication or relationship issues or whatever, I will look back at the day she went behind my back to submit those "husband & wife" chat logs. This AP nonsense can't end soon enough for me :(

Please don't worry about the chat logs showing how you both address each other as husband and wife. It is quite common and the consulate knows this. I also asked mine to stop saying this as I had to turn in these chats to the consulate but she kept doing it. I know almost all do this and it is customary to address each other in this way there. I was upset at first too but just learned to stop going against an ocean of female logic no matter how wrong I think it is. You both will be fine.

I also doubt that submitting more info at this stage is going to prolong the process. They are just going to keep doing what they are doing. If it makes her feel better to keep going to the consulate and trying then just go with the flow. The pink is going to come. Also if you are upset now about the things she does just wait till she gets here and y'all marry. It will be a constant head shaking in amazement of the nutso stuff she does.

First of all, don't worry about your fiance submitted those "husband & wife" docs..we were in the same situation awhile back and were afraid the same as you are right now..Hang is from the North so in VNese we referred to each other as "Chong" and "Vo" in our communications. The Consulate noticed that in our chat logs, letters in the initial I-129 and also in subsequent documents submitted during AP. The CO did even thumbed through the wedding banquet pictures when I brought it in on those USC hours and did not even questions about the marriage issues...IMO, they probably knows about the VNese traditional cultures well enough to make the appropriate judment and as long as the marriage is only ceremonial and not official, your K1 status is still good.

Being in AP is tough..for those who has being there will know..be strong and supportive of each others. This is the time when not knowing and being far apart create lots of doubt and arguments. Just believe if you're real..you will prevail at the end. When Thu is here with you, doing all the AOS stuffs..you will look back all this with a smile..hang in there & good luck to ya!!!

Timeline

You guys are wonderful. Your support means everything to me because it has been a little rough lately. I know I cannot give up. Thanks again and have a wonderful Thanksgiving :)

K1 Visa Stage

• 2 weeks later...
Timeline

Hey guys. I am in Vietnam now and wanted to give you guys a quick update on my visit to the consulate this week. I spoke to a tall white gwntlemen. The look on this guys face was like he totally did not want to be there at all. He had a soft personality so i saw it as an opportunity to get agressive but no luck. He said they had plenty of evidence that Thu submitted the last couple of months. I told him why it takes so long. I told him that they put me in this situation, not me. He said the same ####### tha oh we cannot take your case out of the queue and it goes first come first serve. He flagged my case so they know i am in vietnam in case they want to speak with me.....yeah right.....basically they are no help at all. Getting angry and yelling will not help because they will not review your entire case on the spot. Like i said, when i go back home i will get my 2 senators and 1 congressman involved more heavily. I will drive to their office personaly. I will fight and fight so hard until i get the pink. I will be back in florida next week. Later guys!

K1 Visa Stage

Timeline

Hey guys. I am in Vietnam now and wanted to give you guys a quick update on my visit to the consulate this week. I spoke to a tall white gwntlemen. The look on this guys face was like he totally did not want to be there at all. He had a soft personality so i saw it as an opportunity to get agressive but no luck. He said they had plenty of evidence that Thu submitted the last couple of months. I told him why it takes so long. I told him that they put me in this situation, not me. He said the same ####### tha oh we cannot take your case out of the queue and it goes first come first serve. He flagged my case so they know i am in vietnam in case they want to speak with me.....yeah right.....basically they are no help at all. Getting angry and yelling will not help because they will not review your entire case on the spot. Like i said, when i go back home i will get my 2 senators and 1 congressman involved more heavily. I will drive to their office personaly. I will fight and fight so hard until i get the pink. I will be back in florida next week. Later guys!

Good luck. At least they know you came back. It will all happen in due time. Keep being patient and enjoy the time with your babe.good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.