ScottThuy

HCMC Interview roll call

1,212 posts in this topic

I'm in the boat as WeatherEmperor. We resulted in AP in the same month. I called DoS on Friday and I couldn't get anymore out of the them, all she said was my case is still in AP. Does anyone know if a notification of denial sent to us, how long before the Consulates send the package back to the US? I just wanted to know if there is time for me to fly back and talk to the US Consulates. Just preparing for the worst case.

Thanks

1st email, May 19, 2009

1st visit, first face to face, June 17, 2009

2nd visit, December 24, 2009

3rd visit, engaged in Vietnam, June 6, 2010

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

4th visit,December 26, 2010

INTERVIEWED May 21, 2011 --> RE: Additional documents

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

6th visit, I went to the Consulate on December 28, 2011

Got back to the US and asked Congressman for help.

March 10, Asked Senators for help.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

End of March, Phone call from Consulate at 11:30PM.

April 13 (or so) received letter asked to update medical and police report

Received VISA April 28, 2012

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'm in the boat as WeatherEmperor. We resulted in AP in the same month. I called DoS on Friday and I couldn't get anymore out of the them, all she said was my case is still in AP. Does anyone know if a notification of denial sent to us, how long before the Consulates send the package back to the US? I just wanted to know if there is time for me to fly back and talk to the US Consulates. Just preparing for the worst case.

Thanks

They will notify you of whatever acion is taken.. it can take a vey long time for them to get back on the case.. When a case gets put in AP, its like you got stuck in another queue... whatever the issue is that they have with the case must be addressed before they approve or deny.. that means they have work to do and they are in no rush to do it... keep calling DoS and as soon as some action is taken, a notation will be made in the computer and the person OTP may be nice enough to share the info with you... any time something happens it must be noted in the computer.. this includes emails, congressional inquiries etc... When i called I would say " can you please tell me the most recent date of activity" and if they answer it would be something like " I see your congressman made an inquiry on #$%^" There is yet to be any evidence of anthing that can speed things up.. nobody can legally make things go any faster. Its all up to the CO.

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with DOS. After a brief hold the lady came back on the phone and said that the Consulate sent a packet to Thu's residence on February 14th because the Consulate is requesting additional documents. I asked the lady if her system shows what type of documents the Consulate is requesting in the packet they sent and she said that her computer system does not show her what the documents are...but she suspects that the Consulate is requesting "a few expired documents". I have a hunch that these expired documents are indeed the Police and Medical papers...because those are the only documents I know that are expired.

She said the documents were sent on Feb 14th but Thu never received anything. I guess the local mail carrier is being a typical POS again. Should I have Thu go to her post office and hassle the hell out of them to get the documents??? Or maybe I can send Thu to the Consulate so that she can get the paper herself??

I have a feeling that this is the big moment we have been waiting for. What should we do??

Edited by WeatherEmperor

K1 Visa Stage
Aug 23, 2010: I-129F NOA 1
Feb 07, 2011: I-129F NOA 2
May 23, 2011: Interview. Blue Slip
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 06, 2012: Submitted updated Police & Medical papers.
Mar 21, 2012: Received K1 Visa
Apr 07, 2012: Point of Entry @ LAX

Adjustment of Status Stage
Apr 23, 2012: Got married!
Apr 30, 2012: Received Social Security Card
Jun 30, 2012: Applied for AOS
Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

May 01, 2013: Received 2yr GC

Removal of Conditions Stage

Apr 18, 2015: Will apply for 10yr GC

Timeline

UPDATE:

I just got off the phone with DOS. After a brief hold the lady came back on the phone and said that the Consulate sent a packet to Thu's residence on February 14th because the Consulate is requesting additional documents. I asked the lady if her system shows what type of documents the Consulate is requesting in the packet they sent and she said that her computer system does not show her what the documents are...but she suspects that the Consulate is requesting "a few expired documents". I have a hunch that these expired documents are indeed the Police and Medical papers...because those are the only documents I know that are expired.

She said the documents were sent on Feb 14th but Thu never received anything. I guess the local mail carrier is being a typical POS again. Should I have Thu go to her post office and hassle the hell out of them to get the documents??? Or maybe I can send Thu to the Consulate so that she can get the paper herself??

I have a feeling that this is the big moment we have been waiting for. What should we do??

Get them friggin documents as soon as possible and get them the requested papers and get her the hell out and here to the states. Have her or even better take some coffee money and ask nicely for the mail. While y'all are doing this get what is expired so she can get to the consulate and get the pink.

Timeline

Another update

Thu just called me and she said the consulate does not know about sending documents. How the freaking hell could they not know if they sent documents or not??? I swear to everybody when i called DOS they told me documents were sent to my fiance on feb14. This is making me sick. Now i gotta call DOS again to see if maybeeee they made a mistake. I am telling you tthat I am sick and tired of dealing with these a$$ clowns. Just give us our s$it already!!!

Can thu just get the police and medical updated and submit them anyways??

K1 Visa Stage
Jun 20, 2011: Submit Documents: 1) Timeline, 2) 10 year residency(me), 3) 10 year residency(Thu), 4) Letter explaining how/where we met. Second Blue Slip
Feb 03, 2012: U.S. Consulate Investigators call Thu's residence. Spoke to Thu and Thu's parents
Feb 27, 2012: Received email from the U.S. Consulate that our case is finished processing. Requested to submit updated Police & Medical papers.

Sep 22, 2012: Received Employment Authorization Card...Still waiting for 2 yr GC

Timeline

Also, Thu said that the lady at the Window does not answer questions about our case. The lady said that if you have questions about our case, that you can only email the Consulate. I dont know who I should be more upset with, Thu or the Consulate because I clearly instructed Thu NOT to go there to inquire about case status. I told her to go there and REQUEST the paper they apparently sent out.

This is so unbelievable. You totally cannot script this ####### any better than this.

K1 Visa Stage

Timeline

Also, Thu said that the lady at the Window does not answer questions about our case. The lady said that if you have questions about our case, that you can only email the Consulate. I dont know who I should be more upset with, Thu or the Consulate because I clearly instructed Thu NOT to go there to inquire about case status. I told her to go there and REQUEST the paper they apparently sent out.

This is so unbelievable. You totally cannot script this ####### any better than this.

I always felt that the people at the windows tend to be noobs and that backs it up... the phone call you got was likely someone correcting her noob mistake... Now you got that golden ticket.. there will only be a short interview next visit and she needs to be sure that she matches any previous responses... its all downhill from here..

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

I'm glad WeatherEmperor got out of AP. My case is now 255 days in AP. WeatherEmperor got called in beginning of February but we didn't get a call or anything even though we are in AP only a few days apart (I'm ahead of a few days in AP). A recent call to DoS and the status didn't change. DoS stated that the last event was a Congressional inquiry on my behalf in January.

When the Consulate said they did the case in order, they must meant doing in the order of the cases handle by the individual CO. I got Congressman involved, and tried faxing the requested info from my senator, but the senator office has not response. Crazy waiting!!!

1st email, May 19, 2009

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

5th visit, both of us went in to submit additional documents on June 16, 2011---> Result AP.

March 27, 2012 DoS status indicated an expedite on my case after Senators inquiry

Timeline

I'm glad WeatherEmperor got out of AP. My case is now 255 days in AP. WeatherEmperor got called in beginning of February but we didn't get a call or anything even though we are in AP only a few days apart (I'm ahead of a few days in AP). A recent call to DoS and the status didn't change. DoS stated that the last event was a Congressional inquiry on my behalf in January.

When the Consulate said they did the case in order, they must meant doing in the order of the cases handle by the individual CO. I goot Congressman involved, and tried faxing the requested info from my senator, but the senator office has not response. Crazy waiting!!!

DON'T GIVE UP...NEVER SURRENDER. IT CAN BE DONE. KISMET, DESTINY, FULFILL. Who knows the outcome? Who cares? Go all in, no regrets, let the chips fall where they may. You will never question your intentions if your heart is resolute and pure.

May 29, 09, had attorney send I-129F to USCIS

June 3, 09, USCIS received I-129F

June 4, 09, USCIS I-797C, 1st NOA notice date.

Aug 28, 09, USCIS sends I-797E NOA. RFE requesting further evidence we have met within 2 years prior

Sept 3, 09, I sent updated RFE info to USCIS

Sept 8, 09 USCIS receives my info

Sept 11, 09 USCIS sends I-797C NOA--I-129F Petition approved, also forwards petition to NVC

Sept 23, 09 NVC receives approved I-129F from USCIS also forwards petition to consulate in HCMC

Dec 4, 09 Interview at HCMC Consulate, Blue slip, timeline, ex's address, medical results from Cho Ray

Jan 4, 10 Turned in timeline, ex,s address. White slip, 221(g) for lack of medical results. AP pending results.

Jan 4, 10 Cho Ray diagnosis--class A active multi drug resistant tb. Treatment time 18 to 24 months.

Jan 6, 10 I email consulate re: what do we do next, since K1 expires Jan 10, 10.

Jan 13, 10 Consulate replies--They have received all requested documents and the case is pending a CO review

Since the case is pending due to treatment of tb, the case is still active until treat-

ment is complete provided we contact the consulate every 6 months and notify

them she is under treatment to keep the file in open status.

Jan 14, 10 to July 2012 we wait.

July 2012, visa issued.

Aug 2012, Marriage in US.

Timeline

When the Consulate said they did the case in order, they must meant doing in the order of the cases handle by the individual CO. I got Congressman involved, and tried faxing the requested info from my senator, but the senator office has not response. Crazy waiting!!!

Cases in order is BS.. no question about it... the files get set in a bin on the CO's desk and when the CO decides to fwd it to the investigators then and only then does in budge... unless the CO for some reason decides to return it to the US which does happen from time to time... nobody can get the CO to do a darn thing.. its against the law for anyone to try... all anyone can do is ask "hey wassup?" and the usual resonse is we're workin on it..

Timeline

Cases in order is BS.. no question about it... the files get set in a bin on the CO's desk and when the CO decides to fwd it to the investigators then and only then does in budge... unless the CO for some reason decides to return it to the US which does happen from time to time... nobody can get the CO to do a darn thing.. its against the law for anyone to try... all anyone can do is ask "hey wassup?" and the usual resonse is we're workin on it..

I agree. Bureaucracy at its finest. I seen good ones and I seen bad ones. All it takes is if they have any care at all and some just don't care. I hate seeing all this Federal enlargement coming our way. They are supposed to be helping us but my whole life all I have ever seen of bureaucracy is anything but that.

I will say a prayer and wish I could do more. It will happen though so just be ready when it does. Need anything you can PM me.

Timeline

VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

· Lindal24 ________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & List of Relatives

· FrednDaoHoney__________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED

· JohnCali9 _______________8/6/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 76 days in AP - APPROVED

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation & Timeline

· MichaelAndKha___________8/15/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent photos, 2.No engagement ceremony, 3.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Andy (not a VJ member)____8/17/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline

· Minh&Nhan (not a VJ member)__09/07/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 46 days in AP - APPROVED

· Huong and Phung_________9/8/2009 - 10/27/2009 - 49 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline Rebuttal APPROVED over 1 year later.

· JeromeBinh______________8/20/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 69 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation, Timeline & List of Relatives

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent Photos, 2.Communiciation not credible, 3.One visit, 4.Small engagement, 5.Engagement shortly after meeting, 6.B has 3 relatives in US, but only listed 2; P lived close to B's relatives, 7.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Ly Trinh _________________8/21/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 68 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

· Ituan__________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied Additional interview granted for 11/11 2nd denial

· ToanTien________________8/20/2009 - 12/18/2009 120 days in AP APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline-- co-sponsor...

· Vi&Art____________________8/5/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline No results reported.

· Robert & Mai_______________03/04/10 - 3/30/2010 no docs required--26 days in AP APPROVED

· ScottThuy__________________03/01/2010 - 9/23/2010 207 days in AP K1- timeline, ex-spouse address,police cert.......... 7/20/10 Phone calls from Consulate to P, P's Ex, B, B's family-- 8/8/10 Investigators visit Thuys Residence. APPROVED

· AnhBob___________________12/07/2009 - 10/08/2010 306 days in AP CR1- proof of bonafide, timeline, info about ex, info about child... Denied

· ViQuoc___________________ 05/26/2010 - 10/22/2010 150 days in AP CR-1- Cosponsor...... APPROVED

· 2X2Y2Z__________________07/12/2010 - 11/12/2010 APPROVED CR1- timeline, medical results......... 123 Days 9/15/10 Investigators visit B's Residence

· Ronnie&Hang______________12/29/2009 - APPROVED

K1- timeline, medical results from Cho Ray (sputum test required)....308 Days

. WeatherEmperor______________06/20/2011 - 03/06/2012. 259 days in AP. Results: APPROVED

K1 Visa. Blue Slip documents: 1)time-line, 2)10 year residency(petitioner), 3)10 year residency(beneficiary), 4)letter of explanation detailing matchmaking agency where we met.

If there is anybody I forgot to add, please copy this...and add yourself to the list.

Edited by WeatherEmperor

K1 Visa Stage

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

VJ Members who made it out of AP & results:

· Lindal24 ________________7/8/2009 - 10/7/2009 - 91 days in AP - APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & List of Relatives

· FrednDaoHoney__________1/17/2009 - 10/15/2009 - 271 days in AP - APPROVED

· JohnCali9 _______________8/6/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 76 days in AP - APPROVED

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation & Timeline

· MichaelAndKha___________8/15/2009 - 10/21/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent photos, 2.No engagement ceremony, 3.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Andy (not a VJ member)____8/17/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 67 days in AP - Denied

· Minh&Nhan (not a VJ member)__09/07/2009 - 10/23/2009 - 46 days in AP - APPROVED

· Huong and Phung_________9/8/2009 - 10/27/2009 - 49 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline Rebuttal APPROVED over 1 year later.

· JeromeBinh______________8/20/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 69 days in AP - Denied

K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Ex-wife's situation, Timeline & List of Relatives

Reasons for Denial: 1.Inconsistent Photos, 2.Communiciation not credible, 3.One visit, 4.Small engagement, 5.Engagement shortly after meeting, 6.B has 3 relatives in US, but only listed 2; P lived close to B's relatives, 7.Lack of marriage ceremony details

· Ly Trinh _________________8/21/2009 - 10/28/2009 - 68 days in AP - Denied

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Timeline

· Ituan__________________8/10/2009 - 09/15/2009 - 36 days in AP - Denied Additional interview granted for 11/11 2nd denial

· ToanTien________________8/20/2009 - 12/18/2009 120 days in AP APPROVED

CR1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline-- co-sponsor...

· Vi&Art____________________8/5/2009 K1 Visa - First blue RFE: Proof of Bona fide Relationship & Timeline No results reported.

· Robert & Mai_______________03/04/10 - 3/30/2010 no docs required--26 days in AP APPROVED

· ScottThuy__________________03/01/2010 - 9/23/2010 207 days in AP K1- timeline, ex-spouse address,police cert.......... 7/20/10 Phone calls from Consulate to P, P's Ex, B, B's family-- 8/8/10 Investigators visit Thuys Residence. APPROVED

· AnhBob___________________12/07/2009 - 10/08/2010 306 days in AP CR1- proof of bonafide, timeline, info about ex, info about child... Denied

· ViQuoc___________________ 05/26/2010 - 10/22/2010 150 days in AP CR-1- Cosponsor...... APPROVED

· 2X2Y2Z__________________07/12/2010 - 11/12/2010 APPROVED CR1- timeline, medical results......... 123 Days 9/15/10 Investigators visit B's Residence

· Ronnie&Hang______________12/29/2009 - APPROVED

K1- timeline, medical results from Cho Ray (sputum test required)....308 Days

. WeatherEmperor______________06/20/2011 - 03/06/2012. 259 days in AP. Results: APPROVED

K1 Visa. Blue Slip documents: 1)time-line, 2)10 year residency(petitioner), 3)10 year residency(beneficiary), 4)letter of explanation detailing matchmaking agency where we met.

· tcTTct _____________________11/29/2011 - 2/8/2012 69 days - APPROVED K-1

Blue slip: Blank. CO says please give him time to read over our updated timeline which we submitted at the interview. For the next 2 weeks, investigators called me, my ex, my ex's bf. Spoke to my son. Investigators called my fiancee, her ex, her father, her apartment front desk. The investigator was very efficient, not rude at all and was much less impersonal the second time he interviewed me. He said that the truth is the truth and not to worry.

Thanks everyone for the support. I did all I could. I don't think I can do anything besides waiting and checking the case status via email and calling DoS every so often. Thought the last email I received from them was almost a month later!! The more case the consulate put them in AP and delay the processing time, the more emails they will get.

1st email, May 19, 2009

Filed K-1, June 17, 2010

Timeline

Thanks everyone for the support. I did all I could. I don't think I can do anything besides waiting and checking the case status via email and calling DoS every so often. Thought the last email I received from them was almost a month later!! The more case the consulate put them in AP and delay the processing time, the more emails they will get.

Stay on the Congressman and Senator also. Call until their ears bleed. Wait them out until they give it to be rid of you. In general stay on their azz.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.